2021 8th Generation VW Golf

DACH

21 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Actually the mk8 sounds much better that the mk 7.5 became of the minor changes in the exos .

this is base on my hearing and not on YouTube review… 

In what it sounds nicer?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)
15 hours ago, inlinesix said:

In what it sounds nicer?

more raspy and bubble run off / lift off pops and bangs

The Mk7.5 does have this, just that not as loud as the MK7 nor as bubbly like the MK 8 GTi. Strange part is the non GFP Mk7 is still a bit quieter than the GFP MK8

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

more raspy and bubble run off / lift off pops and bangs

The Mk7.5 does have this, just that not as loud as the MK7 nor as bubbly like the MK 8 GTi. Strange part is the non GFP Mk7 is still a bit quieter than the GFP MK8

I guess that's the best it can do with petrol particulate filter.

Pops and bangs will not be loud unless exhaust tip is really hot.

Twincharged
23 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I guess that's the best it can do with petrol particulate filter.

Pops and bangs will not be loud unless exhaust tip is really hot.

The one by Hope You Understand Nothing Drivable And Inexpensive I30N sounds quite awesome 

• Praise 1

Sorry to hijack this thread but need some help/advice.
I bought a preowned mk7.5 tsi and have been driving it for about 1.5months now.
This morning i was unable to start the car at first, with 2 messages briefly came up - Start/Stop system error and Error: Gearbox, you can continue to drive. 
Was able to restart immediately and drove on to AD, now the car is with them.
Prior to this, the car stalled once while waiting at traffic light. 
Actually i sent it in last Fri, but they detected no issues. 
The gearbox error message also came up once 2 weeks back. 

Anyone had similar issues? Is it really mechatronic problems?
thanks. 

• Shocked 1

Supercharged
21 hours ago, ryt said:

This morning i was unable to start the car at first, with 2 messages briefly came up - Start/Stop system error and Error: Gearbox, you can continue to drive. 

thanks. 

How much you were quoted at VW?

On 7/19/2021 at 11:20 AM, ryt said:

thanks. 

If it’s mech problem.. the code will be stored. But you mentioned AD can’t find the fault. So probably not.

If it’s not , then probably a wheel sensor problem.. but u mentioned the car stalled, so not sure if it’s more then that.. start stop errors normally cause by charcoal canister.. 

Did anyone else purchased the MK 8 golf? I felt kinda of regretted for not checking the A3 out as they are priced so close >.<

Any tips in taking care of fabric seats? Do anyone know whether the A3 come with wireless apple carplay or wired?

(edited)

@kurrent Wireless.

For A3, if you dig deeper, they charge you $3.6K for 3 svc, dashcam and solar film. I believe you all these are included in the price u paid for the MK8 Golf.

In addition, you need to top up $3K if you don't trade in your car to Premium Automobile.

So, no regrets lah. Enjoy the Golf !

Edited by Shouyi

@Shouyi Hi Shoyi! i prefered the leather seats in A3 and the interior design with physical button and knobs. Actually dont mind to fork out slightly more if i knew they are priced that close. Yup, Solar film , dashcam can do outside at much lower cost. Haha no choice already bought. Hope to know more MK8 golf owner out there! 

thanks all for the replies

@Hamburger 1.4, 7 speed dsg

@Sdf4786k so they have detected on fault codes on the gearbox again. but they did discover fault codes on the key fob itself. so they gonna reprogram the keys. 

@kurrent We bought the Mk8 Golf too, after having driven the Mk 7 147hp r-line.  We thought the price was fair. So far experience has been mixed - like the drive, really like the fuel economy.  However, we are sending car in to AD soon because some issues keep popping up e.g. when car is reversing, the (oversensitive) sensor leads to emergency braking, dashboard freezing during driving etc.  Fingers crossed these issues get fixed.

Also, we are in 2021 and it is highly disappointing that the infotainment system still fails to recognise Chinese characters (apart from when phone is plugged in and in Carplay mode).

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, ryt said:

thanks all for the replies

@Hamburger 1.4, 7 speed dsg

@Sdf4786k so they have detected on fault codes on the gearbox again. but they did discover fault codes on the key fob itself. so they gonna reprogram the keys. 

That usually happens when they do a ECU update when u forgot to bring the spare key with you.

3 hours ago, hempOZ said:

@kurrent We bought the Mk8 Golf too, after having driven the Mk 7 147hp r-line.  We thought the price was fair. So far experience has been mixed - like the drive, really like the fuel economy.  However, we are sending car in to AD soon because some issues keep popping up e.g. when car is reversing, the (oversensitive) sensor leads to emergency braking, dashboard freezing during driving etc.  Fingers crossed these issues get fixed.

Also, we are in 2021 and it is highly disappointing that the infotainment system still fails to recognise Chinese characters (apart from when phone is plugged in and in Carplay mode).

there a firmware update for this ...