2021 8th Generation VW Golf

DACH

@Logtas Precisely PA will not sell the A3 cheap direct at 135k without any trade-in overtrade or expensive at 165k listed. The overtrade scheme is frequently used by PA and C&C to entice buyers. 

For those who are willing to wait, can wait for management 6mths used A3 at a good price next year. 

I was enticed by their 13xk launch price but got turned off by their overtrade scheme. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Ghostshellz said:

@Logtas Did u actually pay 135k for the new A3 without any trade-in and overtrade? If yes, pls share. 
I was at PA and my SE show me otherwise during the A3 launch. It was base on 165k retail with 30k overtrade by trading in to them as I mentioned. 

You probably didn't get a good se. My cousin bought the older A3 earlier this year during the clearance sale. He got the discounted price (107k+)with so called "overtrade" without trading in any vehicle (new car owner) 

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 3

@Ceecookie That of course!! PA was clearing stock of the old A3 to make way for the new A3. It is very common for ADs to clear their older model stocks.

If anyone actually bot the new A3 at 135k without any trade-in with overtrade, pls share your details and experience. It will be helpful for those making a decision with 135k budget. 

Twincharged
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Ghostshellz said:

@Ceecookie That of course!! PA was clearing stock of the old A3 to make way for the new A3. It is very common for ADs to clear their older model stocks.

If anyone actually bot the new A3 at 135k without any trade-in with overtrade, pls share your details and experience. It will be helpful for those making a decision with 135k budget. 

Typically no one will share. 😂

cause SE will say or they assume that they are getting the “best deal” and “only for you price”, so must hush hush and not have others also clamoring for the “best deal”. 
they don’t want to break the SE trust and “sabo” the SE! 😆

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 2

@Mkl22 Yes agreed, some buyer will get extra special price which is slightly better than the normal. It will not be nice to break that trust. 

I am sharing my actual experience with my trusted SE from PA. He would had gotten another sales from me if not for PA's company policy on the overtrade scheme on the new A3. 

I understand that PA is advertising the A3 sedan at 135k (Audi Sedan sale), you can approach any of the SE to see if it is an outright sale at 135k without any trade-in overtrade. 🙂

(edited)
10 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

135k for A3, why not get the Skoda superb instead? 

because the 4-rings logo already cost $10K for front and back ... 

buying a car is not simply value for money ... else who is going to buy bread and butter entry level conti .... :D 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Acegabz said:

Cause it's ugly 😂

agreed .... :grin:

every morning go to carpark ... start car slogging to work to pay mortgage ... at least must have a big smile

even though it's not a V6 or V8 engine ... but it must look stylo mylo kopi-o .... $135K for a car leh

ownself shiok ownself ... priceless 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

agreed .... :grin:

every morning go to carpark ... start car slogging to work to pay mortgage ... at least must have a big smile

even though it's not a V6 or V8 engine ... but it must look stylo mylo kopi-o .... $135K for a car leh

ownself shiok ownself ... priceless 

Exactly 😂 that's why previously mk 7.5 gti can sell at 160k while skoda RS sell at 135k also nobody want to buy

Supersonic
(edited)
On 7/24/2021 at 10:53 PM, Ceecookie said:

You probably didn't get a good se. My cousin bought the older A3 earlier this year during the clearance sale. He got the discounted price (107k+)with so called "overtrade" without trading in any vehicle (new car owner) 

It depends on how punk the SE is

I encountered a SE that required me to trade in (aka lowball) b4 I bought my A6

Told him to F off. Went to another SE, he no problem w direct sale. At the end, it depends on how greedy (they probably get a cut of the trade in) and how keen they are to meet quota

And yes, PA's overtrade is there juz to help cash strapped buyers w down-payment. I didn't take the overtrade n got a straight off discount 

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 5

On 7/25/2021 at 9:51 AM, Wt_know said:

because the 4-rings logo already cost $10K for front and back ... 

buying a car is not simply value for money ... else who is going to buy bread and butter entry level conti .... :D 

seem like a conversation that I had with a fren of mine. He eats alot and always buy the most bang for buck meal, like alot of rice and under 3 dollars. One would imagine him to have a thyroid condition eating like a construction worker.

You are right, one would want quality stuff at the right price. But some goes for things like the largest "real estate" road presence for the same price.

Go figure....

59 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

seem like a conversation that I had with a fren of mine. He eats alot and always buy the most bang for buck meal, like alot of rice and under 3 dollars. One would imagine him to have a thyroid condition eating like a construction worker.

You are right, one would want quality stuff at the right price. But some goes for things like the largest "real estate" road presence for the same price.

Go figure....

The trend in Singapore is to buy the biggest body with the smallest engine so whenever you see a GTI on the road u know the guy is an enthusiast cos he could have got a lot more sheet metal for the price he’s paying 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Just now, shawn207 said:

The trend in Singapore is to buy the biggest body with the smallest engine so whenever you see a GTI on the road u know the guy is an enthusiast cos he could have got a lot more sheet metal for the price he’s paying 

Yes sir!

all you need in singapore is 1.0L turbo .... muahahahaha 

1.5L turbo is considered "powederful" liao for soccer mom and football dad ... to fetch their kid to school ... LOL

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

Yes sir!

all you need in singapore is 1.0L turbo .... muahahahaha 

1.5L turbo is considered "powederful" liao for soccer mom and football dad ... to fetch their kid to school ... LOL

Actually true oso la

Low end torque is all we need here so that mofos w anger management issues can cut one another off becoz of fragile egos....

@Kensuke  so far I can gathered a small no of new golf8 owners from here.  😃

@Kurrent

@hempOZ

@epigram

@ghostshellz

@kensuke?

On 7/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, Kensuke said:

Is there any telegram or whatsapp chat group for golf owners?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1