2021 8th Generation VW Golf

DACH

1 hour ago, Ghostshellz said:

Can see the diff below. Showroom display for Golf Life and R-Line. No display for Life Plus. 

50E5A3F8-3092-415A-B384-D55438D38C9A.jpeg

Ah...think this is the one I saw at the showroom which I thought had a great stock sound system.

↡ Advertisement

26 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Ah...think this is the one I saw at the showroom which I thought had a great stock sound system.

Yes I am surprised to get such decent stock 6speakers on the golf, something totally unheard of from VW. 
It is good enuf for normal listening, save me $$ from upgrading. 

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Ghostshellz said:

Yes I am surprised to get such decent stock 6speakers on the golf, something totally unheard of from VW. 
It is good enuf for normal listening, save me $$ from upgrading. 

Can help go rear spare tire well to check if the amp is on top of the spare ?

@Sdf4786k Dont think life plus come with sub woofer because it stated 6 speakers, so should be 2x mid bass and 2 x tweeter for front and 2x rear speakers. It stated 7 speakers for R-Line so i think maybe R-Line then gt the sub woofer. 

@Ghostshellz Bro can help to double check on your ride?

@Sdf4786k Pai seh my bad. I just realised you were asking about amp. Haha. Lets wait bro Ghostshellz to enlighten us. By the way, does our golf 8 come with a space saver spare tyre?

Neutral Newbie
13 minutes ago, kurrent said:

@Sdf4786k Pai seh my bad. I just realised you were asking about amp. Haha. Lets wait bro Ghostshellz to enlighten us. By the way, does our golf 8 come with a space saver spare tyre?

dont think we have spare tyre.. 

On 7/31/2021 at 3:18 PM, Ghostshellz said:

Seems like only HempOZ and myself had collected the golf

Dun worry about the COE, my rebate was 57k but VCS submitted up to 63k and we secured it at 60k. 
As HempOZ mentioned, the reverse parking sensor is very sensitive. If you are too near to the wall/car, it will suddenly jammed brake immediately. You will get used to it gradually. 
I do get freeze screen in my rear camera while parking once in a while. It should be an easy fix with a software upgrade (not available yet).
Other than that, I am enjoying the golf as it is. 😃

Looks like we were in the same COE bidding exercise 🙂

So we just collected our car last week after sending it in for a day - freeze screen needs a software upgrade which will only arrive from Germany in 3-4 weeks. I am guessing the September cars won't have this issue.  The automatic reverse braking is a safety feature and apparently cannot be disabled, at least not permanently.  We were advised to reverse park into our carpark.  Have been doing that for the last 4 days and no more whiplash from the stupid jam brake when reversing out.

Agree that the stock sound system is very very good for what it is.  Love the drive - it is not our only car so we went for the most basic trim but we are still enjoying it very much, coming from a Mk 7 r-line. 

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Jest1081 said:

@Kensuke no spare... comes with 4 runflats... tried nego for normal tyres but they say factory fitted. 😭

those 17" can upsize to 18" from outside ... trade in runflat for normal tyres ... :D 

Neutral Newbie
35 minutes ago, hempOZ said:

Looks like we were in the same COE bidding exercise 🙂

So we just collected our car last week after sending it in for a day - freeze screen needs a software upgrade which will only arrive from Germany in 3-4 weeks. I am guessing the September cars won't have this issue.  The automatic reverse braking is a safety feature and apparently cannot be disabled, at least not permanently.  We were advised to reverse park into our carpark.  Have been doing that for the last 4 days and no more whiplash from the stupid jam brake when reversing out.

Agree that the stock sound system is very very good for what it is.  Love the drive - it is not our only car so we went for the most basic trim but we are still enjoying it very much, coming from a Mk 7 Congrats on your new

Congrats Bro! Hows your new golf compared to your old R Line

Edited by Jest1081

@Jest1081 Good! Steering slightly heavier, feels solid.  Same horsepower so not underpowered. Fuel economy is good, first tank ran for 700+ km but I think subsequent tanks are in the sub-700. Because of its size, we use it a lot to ferry the kids around so running up the mileage on this car like no tomorrow for now and so far, no regrets switching.  As mentioned, sound system is good so it makes the drive just more enjoyable.  Thought we would miss the sunroof on the r-line (the kids love that) but the lack of it makes the vehicle less hot (we park under the sun all the time).  The one thing we really miss is the lack of electronic seats - we'd taken for granted it would be there, didn't even bother asking about it (we bought the car prelaunch so no model to look at) so it was a bit of a shock on collection haha. But ok la, got used to it already (self-consolation).

@Ghostshellz Yeah. i agree with @Wt_know  to just go for fake/synthetic leather. Its such a convoluted way of going green when you say youre switching to fabric, and yet your premium models retain leather. means premium got free pass from staying green ah? Haha..

Plus i remember seeing some non-GTI models from overseas actually being leather (from videos). Current pricing wise, already enough profit margins liao lei.. for the same price of Life plus you can get the 4-rings..

Neutral Newbie
3 minutes ago, hsolo89 said:

@Ghostshellz Yeah. i agree with @Wt_know  to just go for fake/synthetic leather. Its such a convoluted way of going green when you say youre switching to fabric, and yet your premium models retain leather. means premium got free pass from staying green ah? Haha..

Plus i remember seeing some non-GTI models from overseas actually being leather (from videos). Current pricing wise, already enough profit margins liao lei.. for the same price of Life plus you can get the 4-rings..

the 4 rings already back to 160s bro, but isn't 4 rings owned by VW? I had the option of buying the 4 rings at 136k then but i decided for the golf instead. 

↡ Advertisement