2021 8th Generation VW Golf

DACH

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Vegas said:

Car manufactuers dun build cars for Singapore.

At the most, they listen to AD to detune engines to meet certain specs within the country. If the AD can commit a moq. 

huh? since when did i mentioned it was for singapore only? of course BMW Mercedes started building more small cars and lower end for affordability to all around the world.

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Brass said:

I buy shit from carousell sometimes, including a used dining table and sofa, which can't fit in my humble sedan 😂

I buy such crap also... I just used lalamove =D Dont need to dismantle the legs off the 2m long table!

• Haha! 1

On 6/4/2021 at 3:19 PM, Wt_know said:

hearsay, at that price can get a BMW 2-series AT liao …

BMW 3cyc 1.5T really kill all the competitor … lol

3 cyc have alot problems 

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, lexiton said:

3 cyc have alot problems 

Wrong target audience.. where got problems? Only lots of fun if you build it correctly 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

@Sdf4786k 

most common thing for 3 cylinder engines is the vibration  especially during low rpm. due to the imbalanced nature of 3 cylinder engines that causes them to rock about.

some ppl may find 3-cylinder engines sound rough especially when revved hard.

12 hours ago, lexiton said:

@Sdf4786k 

most common thing for 3 cylinder engines is the vibration  especially during low rpm. due to the imbalanced nature of 3 cylinder engines that causes them to rock about.

It does sound rough n as I mentioned, depends on the profile n who builds it.

if it’s fir the typical high rev , outright speed n loud exos buyer, obviously they are not the least concern on NHV. 

straight off the bat, lowering spring n stiffer suspension and after market exos and tune ecu.. so why even bother to spend RnD dollar on refinement?

but if you are looking at 1.0 3 cylinders trying to be very hardcore type of bosses. Spend one dollar n make the employees produce 500 dollars worth of goods and performance, then you have to moderate your expectations of noise harshness n vibration… 

(edited)
13 hours ago, lexiton said:

@Sdf4786k 

It's true to a certain extent and alot depends on who builds the 3 cyc engine. Y not go for a test drive of the bmw x1 3-cyc engine and tell me how it feels? 

Problems? Like what? I used to clock 100K mileage on my previous car, a bmw F20 3 cyc-engine, totally no problem when i sold it when it was 5 yrs old. No oil leaks or signs of any problems with the engine whatsoever.

Edited by Rickster

Hi, Im new to this forum. Im collecting my new golf next month. Any guys bought mk8 as well? Any group to join? By the way, the dealer is giving free ceramic coating from Zertona. Any reviews?

@kurrent My car was coated with Zertona 1.5 months ago. Quite pleased with it. Rain just wipe dry and car looked as good as new. Plus i noticed less dust adhere to car body too as ceramic coating reduces static. Enjoy your new Golf!

Twincharged
On 6/16/2021 at 10:26 AM, Sdf4786k said:

It does sound rough n as I mentioned, depends on the profile n who builds it.

if it’s fir the typical high rev , outright speed n loud exos buyer, obviously they are not the least concern on NHV. 

straight off the bat, lowering spring n stiffer suspension and after market exos and tune ecu.. so why even bother to spend RnD dollar on refinement?

but if you are looking at 1.0 3 cylinders trying to be very hardcore type of bosses. Spend one dollar n make the employees produce 500 dollars worth of goods and performance, then you have to moderate your expectations of noise harshness n vibration… 

jipun vs ang mo 3 cylinder....  Japan for the win. 😁

I checked out the showroom models recently and found that the Life Plus trim has decent sound system, not sure if its because the device mounted under driver's seat is a sub. However, when i looked at the specs, no mention of sub, and also supposed to only have 6 speakers.

Anyone has any idea? Am just curious here.

Btw I didn't ask the SEs since not intent to buy, was there for servicing.

Twincharged
On 7/3/2021 at 8:47 AM, badlammy said:

I checked out the showroom models recently and found that the Life Plus trim has decent sound system, not sure if its because the device mounted under driver's seat is a sub. However, when i looked at the specs, no mention of sub, and also supposed to only have 6 speakers.

Anyone has any idea? Am just curious here.

Btw I didn't ask the SEs since not intent to buy, was there for servicing.

Err .. sub in the spare tire well .. 

Twincharged
(edited)
On 3/5/2020 at 9:57 AM, inlinesix said:

No thanks to petrol particulate filter.

All EURO 6 sports car exhaust sound like shit

Actually the mk8 sounds much better that the mk 7.5 became of the minor changes in the exos .

this is base on my hearing and not on YouTube review… 

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement