2021 8th Generation VW Golf

DACH

(edited)
13 hours ago, kurrent said:

Did anyone else purchased the MK 8 golf? I felt kinda of regretted for not checking the A3 out as they are priced so close >.<

Any tips in taking care of fabric seats? Do anyone know whether the A3 come with wireless apple carplay or wired?

How much did you pay for golf?

A3 come with sport seats. Wireless carplay.

Test drive both cars. Audi came out the winner. Dont know why felt the golf wasnt well tuned.

Edited by Logtas
↡ Advertisement

(edited)
1 hour ago, Logtas said:

How much did you pay for golf?

A3 come with sport seats. Wireless carplay.

Test drive both cars. Audi came out the winner. Dont know why felt the golf wasnt well tuned.

How much is A3 with sport seats?

Edited by Wt_know

A3 sportback current price is $135,999 on audisale.sg. PA recently upgraded their A3 with sport seats (no more powered front seats though), flat-bottomed steering wheel and pre-sense basic at no price increase.

(edited)
41 minutes ago, Shouyi said:

A3 sportback current price is $135,999 on audisale.sg. PA recently upgraded their A3 with sport seats (no more powered front seats though), flat-bottomed steering wheel and pre-sense basic at no price increase.

at $136K can compare with Golf R-Line where it has sport seats too and the entire R-Line specs

but of course 4-rings logo is more superior la and its internal quality and design ... [thumbsup] 

Edited by Wt_know

6 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

at $136K can compare with Golf R-Line where it has sport seats too and the entire R-Line specs

but of course 4-rings logo is more superior la and its internal quality and design ... [thumbsup] 

got terms and condition with a trade in car. I tin Golf R is 143k.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Logtas said:

got terms and condition with a trade in car. I tin Golf R is 143k.

that's list price before nego and simi sai "discount" right? [sly] 

A3 with sport seats list price was $166K leh ... btw it's R-Line not Golf R la ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

@Logtas i got mine at $132500. i went for the life plus variant. I didnt knew the actual price of A3 was quite near. I would have gotten the A3 for the leather seat and wireless carplay. So you got the A3 in the end?

(edited)
14 minutes ago, kurrent said:

@Mkl22 currently A3 is around $135999. I got the life plus variant at 132500. That's why i say quite near. 

the A3 sport seats alone already >$3K .... audi pricing is really [thumbsup] 

Edited by Wt_know

17 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

there a firmware update for this ...

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it will be updated next week when the car goes in.

15 hours ago, kurrent said:

@hempOZ OMG. sad to hear this. How old is your ride? Pls update us on the repair/ rectification work.

Coming to a month old - we were the last or second last June delivery batch.

51 minutes ago, kurrent said:

@Logtas i got mine at $132500. i went for the life plus variant. I didnt knew the actual price of A3 was quite near. I would have gotten the A3 for the leather seat and wireless carplay. So you got the A3 in the end?

Coming off the Mk 7 R-line, we went for the basic trim this time, primarily because the horse power is the same. Didn't need the manual sunroof (it made the old Golf hotter) although it was a little bit of a shock when we realised the basic trim did not have electric seats haha. We hadn't bothered checking as we'd assumed it was a given. Fabric seats - not so much a concern because we sit on seat protection cushions anyway and the kids are in car seats. Pricing wise, it is not so near the A3 as the life plus so a no brainer for us to go with VW.

• Praise 1

(edited)
10 minutes ago, hempOZ said:

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it will be updated next week when the car goes in.

Coming to a month old - we were the last or second last June delivery batch.

Coming off the Mk 7 R-line, we went for the basic trim this time, primarily because the horse power is the same. Didn't need the manual sunroof (it made the old Golf hotter) although it was a little bit of a shock when we realised the basic trim did not have electric seats haha. We hadn't bothered checking as we'd assumed it was a given. Fabric seats - not so much a concern because we sit on seat protection cushions anyway and the kids are in car seats. Pricing wise, it is not so near the A3 as the life plus so a no brainer for us to go with VW.

The R line has DCC and a tad more expensive than the plus .. 

But the cost can quickly spiral out of control 

Edited by Sdf4786k

9 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

But the cost can quickly spiral out of control 

Agree - we felt the R-line variant even at launch was not competitively priced even with all the bells and whistles.  Also, a point to note is there was no option for a sunroof; at launch, that was only available in the GTI.

• Praise 2

@Shouyi I think it was the list price then. Sigh, my salesman didnt want to discount further for me. Cant rem it was $132900 or $132500. They only add those freebies like 3 svc, front and rear camera and ceramic coating. Probably other people might gotten better price from other salesman.

↡ Advertisement