2021 8th Generation VW Golf

DACH

(edited)
2 hours ago, kurrent said:

@Wt_know A class a180 and 116i engines have both lower output of torque and HP. Did you got the A3 during this round of lelong? 

i am cheapskate ... i wait for S-Line lelong ... which they normally do once the model reach a sales level ... LOL

just like Merc and BMW throwing out their AMG-Line and M-Sports ... :D 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i am cheapskate ... i wait for S-Line lelong ... which they normally do once the model reach a sales level ... LOL

I remember PA throw in the S-Line package for the pre-facelift Q2 when clearing stock. Your wish might come true .

For those who bought the Golf 8, does the autohold function deactivates itself when put in reserve gear ? 

Meaning, when you put your car in reverse gear, does the car reverse immediately or you need to step the accelerator before it reverse ?

1 hour ago, Shouyi said:

For those who bought the Golf 8, does the autohold function deactivates itself when put in reserve gear ? 

Meaning, when you put your car in reverse gear, does the car reverse immediately or you need to step the accelerator before it reverse ?

@Shouyi Nope it doesnt. I tried during test drive, you need to step on the accelerator.

5 hours ago, Wt_know said:

With coe going higher it could be another 10 years of waiting. 

• Haha! 1

For all Mk8 golf owners, dun feel shortchanged for your purchase. It’s a good buy. 
A3 135k price is based on 30k overtrade from their 165k listed price after trading in your car. If u dun trade in to their ridiculous low price, u have to top-up 3k for not trading-in. In addition, u have to take a min loan based on 82.5k (50% of 165 listed price) and pay more interest. 
And it doesn’t come with 3x free servicing.

• Praise 3

@Ghostshellz Thanks for the console. Hahaha already buy liao so think so much also bo bian. Just wish to enjoy the new ride and hopefully problem free *finger crossed* hope to know more mk8 owners here so we can share more info and experience with the ride. 🙂 

• Praise 1

(edited)
39 minutes ago, Ghostshellz said:

For all Mk8 golf owners, dun feel shortchanged for your purchase. It’s a good buy. 
A3 135k price is based on 30k overtrade from their 165k listed price after trading in your car. If u dun trade in to their ridiculous low price, u have to top-up 3k for not trading-in. In addition, u have to take a min loan based on 82.5k (50% of 165 listed price) and pay more interest. 

u mean Golf $132K is without trade-in ... pure direct buy (no need to top up?)

trade-in is every dealer game la ... it's normal ... no trade-in sure more ex

as for loan ... after locked in period 18months? can full cash liao? ... 

as for $3K top up for servicing ... can screw it ... :D 

you are right ... if bought liao ... just enjoyed the ride 

don't worry about shortchanged ... look at how much is a 911 or Ferrari cost in SG vs US ... lol

at $132K SGD ...we can get a base 911 liao ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

Yes. Golf pricing is direct purchase, no need to trade in. U can sell off ur car yourself for better price. (Carro/Quotz). VCS is always very transparent in their pricing. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ghostshellz said:

Thats not true. I dont have a car to trade in. The loan is based on the 135k and the interest is low less than 2%.

It doesnt come with 3x servcing though.

• Praise 2

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Logtas said:

Thats not true. I dont have a car to trade in. The loan is based on the 135k and the interest is low less than 2%.

screw the 3x servicing ... besides, the 1st 30k-40k milleage ... nothing much to change but engine oil ... 

the expensive one is 60k ... and they knew it ...  :D 

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

Golf life plus cost price is 110k with coe 60k. So at 132k, 22k profit, 17% profit. Normally VW can go as low as 8% profit to sell a car. U do your sums to gauge if it is a good buy.

Was kind of surprised that golf 1.5 was selling well with no promo at all. Kind of hard to bargain. Haha

Edited by Logtas
  • Praise 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Logtas said:

Golf life plus cost price is 110k with coe 60k.

So at 132k, 22k profit, 17% profit. Normally golf can go as low as 8% profit to sell a car. U do your sums to gauge if it is a good buy.

Was kind of surprised that golf 1.5 was selling well with no promo at all. 

Golf = cheaper = perception ...

i am sure the SE has done a great job in persuading with free servicing .... :grin:

Edited by Wt_know

22 minutes ago, Logtas said:

lesson learnt: always read up on the forums before heading to showroom

• Haha! 1

@Logtas Did u actually pay 135k for the new A3 without any trade-in and overtrade? If yes, pls share. 
I was at PA and my SE show me otherwise during the A3 launch. It was base on 165k retail with 30k overtrade by trading in to them as I mentioned. 

(edited)

overtrade is just a “number game” that dealer play … fugazi fugazy … phew phew phew

even a 9 years laopok car would get a $30K OT … lol

Edited by Wt_know

51 minutes ago, Ghostshellz said:

@Logtas Did u actually pay 135k for the new A3 without any trade-in and overtrade? If yes, pls share. 
I was at PA and my SE show me otherwise during the A3 launch. It was base on 165k retail with 30k overtrade by trading in to them as I mentioned. 

U already said you got your pricing at launch. Which is likely a launch promotion. U can't be possibly believe a3 is worth 160k. If 160k, rather look at bmw series 3. Anyway they no longer selling at 135k if you go to the website. Wait for lelong again lor.

• Praise 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Logtas said:

Wait for lelong again lor.

yeah … mai kancheong

audi sibei ON in lelong sales one

just wait for the next 9/9 … 10/10 … 11/11 … 12/12 … :grin:

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2