2021 8th Generation VW Golf

DACH

The car look like it had a longer wheelbase and very stretched. No  longer have the nippy hot hatch feel. Worse than current design in my humble opinion. And what is with the eye shadow???

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

It's nice they make the interior more modern with those screens.. Not sure if they are standard but the screens have pretty thick ugly bezels. 

• Praise 1

Looks like designers are going for the slim rear lights, it's a trend nowadays

If want to sound nice u call it trend.

If not can just name it as copying 1 another

Golf is the Toyota Corolla of the Western World.

I wonder if this is still the case with the new model esp after issues with their DSG. Confidence was severely shaken when this problem surfaced n though it’s been few years already, not sure if VW will ever recover completely from this which is a pity as otherwise the Golf is a good car

• Praise 5

Golf is the Toyota Corolla of the Western World.

I wonder if this is still the case with the new model esp after issues with their DSG. Confidence was severely shaken when this problem surfaced n though itâs been few years already, not sure if VW will ever recover completely from this which is a pity as otherwise the Golf is a good carð

Tink VAG recovered to be No.1 or No.2 liao

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

97cf35bd-2020-vw-golf-viii-mk8-6.jpg

143f373b-2020-vw-golf-viii-mk8-8.jpg

227d5857-2020-vw-golf-viii-mk8-9.jpg

75e0418d-2020-vw-golf-viii-mk8-10.jpg

34ddaf9b-2020-vw-golf-viii-mk8-17.jpg

e16565f3-2020-vw-golf-viii-mk8-14.jpg

e4c8c9ae-2020-vw-golf-viii-mk8-12.jpg

c288a052-2020-vw-golf-viii-mk8-13.jpg

the rear looks a tad like kona ..but the dash is nice except for the center piece. wonder why they went with the tacky center display . Seems like the tack on VCD player design from the previous gen Merc A class.

I have driven 3 models VW respectively . . .

1/ VW Passat 2.0lit more than 10 years ago- no issues does not mean no problem.

2/ VW Passat CC1.8cc 7sp- more than 3 years ago - Megatronic crashed, repairs numerous times, same old gears

3/ VW Tiguan 2-0lit- few repairs EPC lighted up yet can still drive, Manifold valve main culprit, can't be resolved, repairs done, w/s boss said: "" Carry on, No probe."

Don't know whether to cry or giggle. Can I trust the new model of any VW car launch? not necessary Golf, the bone of contention is Germany don't give a s*^t to resolve the problem, it's world wide issue and concern for many VW owner/s

p/S : VW literally means " VISIT WORKSHOP " [drivingcar]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

53 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

I have driven 3 models VW respectively . . .

1/ VW Passat 2.0lit more than 10 years ago- no issues does not mean no problem.

2/ VW Passat CC1.8cc 7sp- more than 3 years ago - Megatronic crashed, repairs numerous times, same old gears

3/ VW Tiguan 2-0lit- few repairs EPC lighted up yet can still drive, Manifold valve main culprit, can't be resolved, repairs done, w/s boss said: "" Carry on, No probe."

Don't know whether to cry or giggle. Can I trust the new model of any VW car launch? not necessary Golf, the bone of contention is Germany don't give a s*^t to resolve the problem, it's world wide issue and concern for many VW owner/s

p/S : VW literally means " VISIT WORKSHOP " [drivingcar]

I was told but I can't confirm that VW's long term plan is to make all their DSG gb with wet clutch eventually so that shld solve the issue?

• Praise 4

9 hours ago, Spring said:

I was told but I can't confirm that VW's long term plan is to make all their DSG gb with wet clutch eventually so that shld solve the issue?

That was what I heard too since my last cc up lorry, if d german is sincere about it, thy should step in to get a damn old engine and throw out, DSG megatronic full of nonsense , even the korean KIA has 10 years engine warranty. knock knock !