2021 8th Generation VW Golf

DACH

6 hours ago, shawn207 said:

The trend in Singapore is to buy the biggest body with the smallest engine so whenever you see a GTI on the road u know the guy is an enthusiast cos he could have got a lot more sheet metal for the price he’s paying 

Yeah .. gti is similar price as 3 series 330

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Came across this article. May i sua ku and slow. Share with fellow mk 8 owners here:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/top-10-best-selling-cars-europe-2021

1 Volkswagen Golf 27,247

The latest-generation Volkswagen Golf arrived in Europe last summer. The Golf has always been one of the region's best-selling cars, so it's no surprise to see it back at the top of the list. The quintessential family hatchback reclaimed the top spot from the Peugeot 2008 crossover. New variants, including the GTI Clubsport and R, should help it solidify its strong position in future months.

Best sellers in europe. Hope we the new mk 8 owner nv choose wrong. LOL 自我安慰  self console.

Edited by kurrent

@kurrent  No worries, the golf 8 is indeed very well built and fun to drive. Coming back from a Mk5 GTI. 🙂 The mk8 made me enjoy the golf all over again. 

@kensuke welcome to the club. When is the ETA?

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, Ghostshellz said:

@Kensuke  so far I can gathered a small no of new golf8 owners from here.  😃

@Kurrent

@hempOZ

@epigram

@ghostshellz

@kensuke?

Seems like only HempOZ and myself had collected the golf. 

Dun worry about the COE, my rebate was 57k but VCS submitted up to 63k and we secured it at 60k. 
As HempOZ mentioned, the reverse parking sensor is very sensitive. If you are too near to the wall/car, it will suddenly jammed brake immediately. You will get used to it gradually. 
I do get freeze screen in my rear camera while parking once in a while. It should be an easy fix with a software upgrade (not available yet).
Other than that, I am enjoying the golf as it is. 😃

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
4 hours ago, epigram said:

@Kensuke same here! COE secured yet? i wonder if i will be successful during the upcoming august bidding.

Not yet.. hopefully we can all get our coe soon since eta is sep

(edited)
1 hour ago, Kensuke said:

Not yet.. hopefully we can all get our coe soon since eta is sep

if dealer already price in $56K-$60K COE ... sure can secure la ... no worry

profit margin is sibei ba ba ... :grin:

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Ghostshellz said:

Dun worry about the COE, my rebate was 57k but VCS submitted up to 63k and we secured it at 60k. 

As HempOZ mentioned, the reverse parking sensor is very sensitive. If you are too near to the wall/car, it will suddenly jammed brake immediately. You will get used to it gradually. 

I do get freeze screen in my rear camera while parking once in a while. It should be an easy fix with a software upgrade (not available yet).

Good to know the buffer is so large.

The autobrake when parking feature can be disabled (if it is still the same as previous models).

Did the service centre commit to a date for the upcoming fix?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

@Ghostshellz awesome la bro. Mine coming in sep. I saw an r-line in woodlands a few days back... at night its beautiful! Was it you bro? 🤭

Noted a few things during test drive, much quieter than mk7, maybe coz of mhybrid. But its not as torquey, din get to fully exp the sport mode.

Anyway, how's the ride quality with those pirelli runflats? i'm considering a swap with primacy or goodyear.

Edited by Jest1081

7 hours ago, epigram said:

Good to know the buffer is so large.

The autobrake when parking feature can be disabled (if it is still the same as previous models).

Did the service centre commit to a date for the upcoming fix?

Hmm… the emergency parking braking cannot be disable, only the autohold feature (once stop in D/R, it will hold brake for u) can be disable. 

The firmware update is not available yet. We will be informed once it’s available. 

5 hours ago, Jest1081 said:

@Ghostshellz awesome la bro. Mine coming in sep. I saw an r-line in woodlands a few days back... at night its beautiful! Was it you bro? 🤭

Noted a few things during test drive, much quieter than mk7, maybe coz of mhybrid. But its not as torquey, din get to fully exp the sport mode.

Anyway, how's the ride quality with those pirelli runflats? i'm considering a swap with primacy or goodyear.

Great!! Welcome to the 8 club!! No lah, mine is white Life Plus. 😃
Once in sports mode, the car is more alive as testdrove. In normal comfort mode, it’s super fuel saving mode with the hybrid batt.
Came with normal Bridgestone Turanza tyres, I swapped them for Michelin PS4 immediately. 

Haha i would've pulled the trigger if not for the fabric seats! Shall see whether theres further promotions on the GTI in the future (end of year sales etc).

Read somewhere that VW new green direction towards environmental friendly and lesser usage of leather seats. Hence will see more fabric seats on the newer models to come except for premium models like GTI

4 minutes ago, Ghostshellz said:

Read somewhere that VW new green direction towards environmental friendly and lesser usage of leather seats. Hence will see more fabric seats on the newer models to come except for premium models like GTI

all these are to "maintain" and "increase" profit margin la ... 

got 48V battery, got better electronic specs and digital display, obviously must cut some corner to recover profit what ... :grin:

can always spec synthetic/fake leather what ... same same but different ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2