2021 8th Generation VW Golf

DACH

Supersonic
46 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

willing seller, willing buyer

Carro give $10K more for trade in  ... PA give $10K more for OT ... assuming at the end same same but different

at the end of the day ... the car is sold at "handsome" profit margin ... 

both car dealer is to make money not to make friend ...

at the end of the day ... you do your maths how much you pay for the "new" car ... and which suit your "strategy"

but PA OT can take more loan because the car is priced higher before OT ...  😉 

Different end result la

10k more from overtrade for higher trade in but land up paying 10k more for car is ownself pay ownself 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Soya said:

Different end result la

10k more from overtrade for higher trade in but land up paying 10k more for car is ownself pay ownself 

no money but want to buy ma …

of course must pay premium

buying car in spore is already a robert ready to be chopped

look at resale car price especially those 2-3-4 years old car … the depreciation is same or even higher than new car because of lower quantum … simi tai chi?

dealer profit already eat all your 10 years depreciation liao … the more it change hand … the more profit or premium is paid … lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

@badlammy yes no amp. I was thinking of installing my amp initially but there are no space under the passenger & driver seat cos they are occupied with the 48V batt.

After a while, I was convinced by having just the  stock speakers that I do not intend to install my amp.  I am not the only one impressed with the stock speakers, I guess they are good enuf for most of us. 

• Praise 3

@Ghostshellz oh the spec sheet you have for r line is different from the one on the website. Yours states exit warning system. On the website it states rear traffic alert (but this is apparently already available for life)

26 minutes ago, Soya said:

Different end result la

Can I clarify? I am a bit lost. 

Say pricelist is $130k but $100k nett after whatever discounts. And they offer trade in for say $50k (and assuming you are willing to forgo the extra you might get if you DIY sell), how does overtrade work?

Does it mean they will offer trade in at say $70k but reduce discount so that car price is now $120k?

So while MAS would expect loan limit to be $60k being 60% of $100k, the loan potentially of maxed out is $72k and over leveraged?

13 minutes ago, Ghostshellz said:

@badlammy yes no amp. I was thinking of installing my amp initially but there are no space under the passenger & driver seat cos they are occupied with the 48V batt.

After a while, I was convinced by having just the  stock speakers that I do not intend to install my amp.  I am not the only one impressed with the stock speakers, I guess they are good enuf for most of us. 

I had the OEM helix sub in my mk6. Good times

Eg. Listed car price 150k, OT 30k, final discount car price 120k

In the Sales Agreement, agent will indicate the listed car price of 150k and downpayment & loan based on 150k. Whatever OT will be stated as discount and this will pass MAS regulations, a loophole both AD and PI is using. 

So based on 70% loan, downpayment is 45k. Then with 30k OT, u just need to pay 15k upfront. Win win for both the dealer and the buyer if the buyer is taking max 70% loan (105k)  at full 7yrs with monthly instalment of $1415  and the dealer earns a cut from the $13818 int from bank. 
In additional, dealer force you to trade-in and pay u much lesser than outside. If no trade-in, top-up 3k more making ur final car price 123k.

Something like what PA is offering for the A3. 

28 minutes ago, Chongster said:

now all use 7 spd dry DSG gearbox for Golf, even the GTI?  

DQ200 max torque is only 200Nm

GTI, i think is 7sp wet (DQ381) to replace the old 6sp wet (DQ250)? 

i stand corrected

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Ghostshellz said:

@epigram  yes VCS indicated wrongly on their spec sheet. Even the headlamps for Life Plus and R-Line they mentioned LED plus headlamps but they are actually IQ LED headlamps. 

You made my day! I always wanted the matrix iq.light! Hope for success this round of bidding!

10 hours ago, Wt_know said:

DQ200 max torque is only 200Nm

GTI, i think is 7sp wet (DQ381) to replace the old 6sp wet (DQ250)? 

i stand corrected

@Wt_know DQ200 7-speed DSG transmission with dry clutch, most found on VAG-cars from 2007 till present day. With engine capacity between 1.0–1.9-litre. (Max torque 250Nm)

Max torque is 250Nm instead of 200Nm. Our golf mk8 using DQ200 and the torque is 250nm.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Ghostshellz said:

OMV based on 1st batch of Jun Golf 8 registered-

Life $21662

Life Plus $24233

R-Line $28948

A3 sedan $27236

@Ghostshellz Bro is the A3 sportback OMV slighly lower than sedan which will be a better comparision to our golf mk8 as both are hatchback? How do you get those figures from? One motoring? Teach us how you find those information leh.

@badlammy Bro the device under the driver seat is the 48v battery for mild hybrid. Haha u like the stock speakers as well. Seem like there are many good praises for mk 8 stock speakers. Bro what car you driving now? Are you looking the golf mk 8? We need more owners in MCF ! LOL Join Us!

@Jest1081 Good Morning Bro! The Hp of mk 6 GTI is 210HP. Acceleration for 0-100 is 6.9s.  Still got quite a big difference. But most important. Fuel consumption is no where as good as our mk 8 golf? I believe the fuel consumption is also another factor for fellow owner here who choose the golf mk 8. 

↡ Advertisement