2021 8th Generation VW Golf

DACH

@kurrent Yes I cannot bring myself to part another 10k for R-Line bodykit, Discovery Pro informtainment sys, the seats and the so called lowered suspension (2.5 finger spacing vs 3.5 finger spacing). My wife already gave me the look for the Plus 7k top-up…… 😂

I mentioned to kurrent that I actually prefer the smaller informtainment sys with the physical on/off vol adjustment knob and the physical buttons on the steering wheel to the touch sensitive vol adjustments buttons for Discovery Pro. The touch sensitive vol adjustment will be a pain to adjust while you are driving on the Discovery Pro (see Youtube review)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Happy to see current owners fully enjoying their rides... and many excited owners eagerly waiting for their golfs! 🤗🤗🤗 

Plus haven't seen much complains in vw8 forums from europe owners except for their software issues. 

Good thing we are 1 year behind ya. 😂

Edited by Jest1081
  • Praise 1

Hi all golf mk 8 owners and soon to be mk8 owners out there. After suggestions & chatting with some of the bros out there, i decide to set up a group chat for sharing of golf mk8 related stuff. Kindly PM me your contact so i can add you guys into the group 😃 Cheers

• Praise 4

59 minutes ago, Ghostshellz said:

@kurrent Yes I cannot bring myself to part another 10k for R-Line bodykit, Discovery Pro informtainment sys, the seats and the so called lowered suspension (2.5 finger spacing vs 3.5 finger spacing). My wife already gave me the look for the Plus 7k top-up…… 😂

The R line was bridge too far for me. And I also got a look for wanting Plus because wife thought normal was good enough and no need fancy lights.  But I think my argument about 3 zone climate control versus 1 zone won because our temperature settings are always different

• Praise 2

54 minutes ago, Jest1081 said:

Plus haven't seen much complains in vw8 forums from europe owners except for their software issues. 

Good thing we are 1 year behind ya. 😂

There doesn't seem to be much discussion on the Composition Media we are getting compared to the Discover Media/Pro. And now it seems they have Ready 2 Discover. 

23 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

The Mk 7 R-line came with 19 inch rim.. 

I thot was an over kill..

Actually, we bought our r-line from first owner and he changed the rims so we only got 18" rims instead. Didn't know the originals came with 19"! 

On 8/2/2021 at 1:44 PM, Ghostshellz said:

Yes mine was the 1st batch but I chose to collect it later at end June instead of mid Jun. 

So the software upgrade will only be available in a month’s time? Yeah sort of got used to the emergency parking braking by turning the steering slightly later to prevent it from happening. 

We also collected last week of June even though bidding was first June exercise.  SE told us we were maybe the third "batch" of golf 8s delivered - next to us in the collection bay was someone collecting a golf 8 too (albeit in red). 

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, kurrent said:

@badlammy Bro the device under the driver seat is the 48v battery for mild hybrid. Haha u like the stock speakers as well. Seem like there are many good praises for mk 8 stock speakers. Bro what car you driving now? Are you looking the golf mk 8? We need more owners in MCF ! LOL Join Us!

Not an audiophile but the bass is really decent with no distortion or vibration of interior plastics. Treble is also crisp. That's all I need.

Was just there for servicing so just browsing the showroom. No money to buy used car, not to mention new car. 😆

Edited by badlammy

Neutral Newbie
On 8/2/2021 at 4:44 PM, Ghostshellz said:

The microfleece & fabric seat is easier to maintain than Alcantara. 
I have fabric seat cleaner on standby to clean the seats once few months. If maintained, they will last longer than leather seats. 

@Ghostshellz I am new to fabric seats.  Mind sharing which fabric seat cleaner are you using?

Some of the reviews on YouTube use 'Alcantara' instead of 'Microfleece'.  Are they the same?

20 minutes ago, keldeo808 said:

@Ghostshellz I am new to fabric seats.  Mind sharing which fabric seat cleaner are you using?

Some of the reviews on YouTube use 'Alcantara' instead of 'Microfleece'.  Are they the same?

Alcantara is like highest grade of microfibre. Sonax has alcantara cleaner which you can use on normal upholstery fabric too.

On 8/2/2021 at 12:25 PM, kurrent said:

@Jest1081 Hi Bro. 4 rings is back to 135999 again. 160s confirm no sales one.  Lol what make you decide the golf over 4 rings? When you getting your ride?

4 rings now 130 only =D

image.thumb.png.b532abe31f62f800bcdba8f674b670e5.png

Edited by yellowshaun
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, kurrent said:

@yellowshaun so painful and unbearable to watch. I guess many golf owner and A3 owner "arm tui" liao. 

no need arm tui la ... PA got gimmicks for OT, low trade-in and min loan ma

not everyone meet the criteria to enjoy the maximum low price

for some ... if swee swee sun-moon-star all align ... then song song gao jurong ! [laugh]  

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2