Why Your Car Isn't as Fast as the Magazines Say

Enye

hahaha. the US minivan is nothing.

come to australia. A 2.3ton ford territory comes stock with a very tuneable barra turbo from the falcon XR6T. Can confirm to shattering my ego first hand when i first moved here and didn't know what was under the hood. 😂

9s road legal SUV. even a lambo doesn't stand a chance, never mind a mustang. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
12 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Got my first speeding ticket (since starting driving in 2011) in end 2018 as well, after that damn careful liao. Everyone was laughing at me cos it was one of the slowest cars ever (impreza 1.6i-S 2017) and i got a ticket in it. Heng managed to appeal and get it waived🤣

Slowest - 160 km/h <<< @SiLangKia 😂

Fastest - 260 km/h

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
11 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Did you guys really finish reading the whole thingy or just selective reading?

Actually quite a boring article lah by some guy who drives a MPV and claims he always wins traffic light grand prix (clap clap). We get that in MCF too

• Haha! 6

1 minute ago, Soya said:

Actually quite a boring article lah by some guy who drives a MPV and claims he always wins traffic light grand prix (clap clap). We get that in MCF too

I was so bored with it that i only do drag race with Mopez.

Ai drag race mai?

🤣

• Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Soya said:

I admit I weak. I stopped at the 2nd sentence.

I tried.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
13 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Got my first speeding ticket (since starting driving in 2011) in end 2018 as well, after that damn careful liao. Everyone was laughing at me cos it was one of the slowest cars ever (impreza 1.6i-S 2017) and i got a ticket in it. Heng managed to appeal and get it waived🤣

how come can appeal speeding ticket. Usually non negotiable one.

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

I kenna my 1st speeding ticket 2 years ago.

Instead of appeal, i complain.  It was waived.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I remember JC against May using their own cars. May's bmw i3 and JC's golf GTI.

Drag race. JC didn't bother to race cos he didn't want to damage his car haha [laugh]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
Just now, inlinesix said:

I kenna my 1st speeding ticket 2 years ago.

Instead of appeal, i complain.  It was waived.

I complain for red light offence at Ubi. I don't even know i broke any rule. Sent the notice 3.5 months later. Told no, pay up.

So the speeding offences i never complain or what. Anyway i was above the speed limit. But it's silly. 3 lane arterial roads with 60-70kph, minimal traffic. (one of which is an exit road from expressway). 1 was actually at 5+am in the morning. 

LL, suck it up lor.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
11 hours ago, Enye said:

wah... the honda minivan in us is a 280 hp 3.5 litre v6 with 10 speed autotrans leh

i think can surprise many turbo cars with its low end torque in short traffic light sprints 

unlike the local 2.4 litre cvt model in sg

😅

I rented the 3.5L Toyota Sienna minivan (mini is relative in US...it's as big if not bigger than Alphard) in US b4. No way would I consider it 'fast'....

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Slowest - 160 km/h <<< @SiLangKia 😂

Fastest - 260 km/h

cnt la bro by the time that car hits 160 maybe the coe expire alr, it takes forever to accelerate

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

it was a company car, so i wrote in to TP to explain i was very sorry, 1st time driving that car (which was true cos I usually take the more powerful one), and was on an unfamiliar road, and there was a uphill climb onto the viaduct (famous bradell/lornie  tpy area towards the direction of bukit timah) and i had to accelerate hard to get up and might have gone over abit and just said sorry again, they replied they will waive it this time but hold a serious view of speeding etc etc , was like 4 points and $200 or smth can't rmb, got clocked 84 in a 70 zone 

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
19 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

cnt la bro by the time that car hits 160 maybe the coe expire alr, it takes forever to accelerate

it was a company car, so i wrote in to TP to explain i was very sorry, 1st time driving that car (which was true cos I usually take the more powerful one), and was on an unfamiliar road, and there was a uphill climb onto the viaduct (famous bradell/lornie  tpy area towards the direction of bukit timah) and i had to accelerate hard to get up and might have gone over abit and just said sorry again, they replied they will waive it this time but hold a serious view of speeding etc etc , was like 4 points and $200 or smth can't rmb, got clocked 84 in a 70 zone 

You very modest leh! 🤣

• Haha! 1

Recently I've tried 0 to 100 timing on my fxt. 9.9 secs 😂. 3 things comes to my mind:

1. I never floor fully.

2. The app I used is not accurate 

3. My wife sitting in the passenger seat is weighing the car down.

Anyway drive safe guys.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

Recently I've tried 0 to 100 timing on my fxt. 9.9 secs 😂. 3 things comes to my mind:

1. I never floor fully.

Anyway drive safe guys.

Number 3 , damn funny bro, make sure she doesn't see this post hahahahahahah 🤣🤣

fxt shld try in S# mode with traction control off, tried on one before and managed about 8.1 on a warm day with one skinny passenger and using a vbox

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

1. I never floor fully.

Anyway drive safe guys.

Ur wife help to give a better weight distribution or contribution lah. hahahha.

• Haha! 3

18 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Number 3 , damn funny bro, make sure she doesn't see this post hahahahahahah 🤣🤣

fxt shld try in S# mode with traction control off, tried on one before and managed about 8.1 on a warm day with one skinny passenger and using a vbox

Lol. She also gave me a death stare when I floor the pedal. Probably the reason I did not floor all the way as I thought.

Was expecting around high 6s or low 7s since I've tuned mine slightly. Many said that I mode is slightly faster. I will test again in the future with s#.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1