Wounds

Ender

Hypersonic

Should we use anti septic on wounds?

I had a fall last Friday and got abrasions on various places on my body, mainly on my left side. I had two big area of skin abrasion on my left shoulder and leg. Also my face which required stitching to minimize scarring.

So I was about to change my dressing on my shoulder and leg, and wonder if I should apply antiseptic. Apparently there are different school of thought if the wound is clean . Found an interesting article that look into this controversy

https://www.woundsresearch.com/article/1585

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Sad 1

Hypersonic
34 minutes ago, Ender said:

I had a fall last Friday and got abrasions on various places on my body, mainly on my left side. I had two big area of skin abrasion on my left shoulder and leg. Also my face which required stitching to minimize scarring.

So I was about to change my dressing on my shoulder and leg, and wonder if I should apply antiseptic. Apparently there are different school of thought if the wound is clean . Found an interesting article that look into this controversy

Take care. Running on wet ground? or misstep.

I would.

But if dry, then no need.

• Praise 3

I prefer to have the wound to be moist at all time. Meaning to apply antiseptic cream for the next one week and observe from there.

49 minutes ago, Ender said:

https://www.woundsresearch.com/article/1585.

Not an expert to advise on this. 

just wanna ask you to take good care of yourself - now more than ever.

• Praise 7

Hypersonic
13 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Take care. Running on wet ground? or misstep.

I would.

But if dry, then no need.

Tripped on some high spot. Didn't check what was it, coz I was abit stunned when I saw a fair bit of blood. 

• Praise 1

Take care Ender. Glad the fall wasn’t due to something else. I myself had a few occasions of fainting spells lately. I attributed it to the lack of O2...stupiak CCB mask up...

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Take care ! fell recently when running so can totally imagine the sianess after the fall.

For me, went to see the doctor cos the cuts were bad and my leg had started swelling, she gave an antiseptic cream that has some antibiotic properties or smth can't rmb what she said, which i applied daily for about the first 2 weeks, healed pretty ok

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
55 minutes ago, Ender said:

I would,  on fresh wounds and any wounds with pus oozing out. But i'm not a medical professional.

some prefer antiseptic cream while others prefer antiseptic solution. I carry a cream in my travel bag but i'll use a solution too if that's what is available.

didn't the medical facility that attended to you advise you on regarding use of antiseptics when changing the dressings?

sounds like it was a bad fall. Fell on a tarmac/asphalt surface? Abrasions are notorious for infections,  next to puncture wounds.. Take care and get well soon.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Ender said:

You ride motor arh!!! Gotta be careful ya!

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

You ride motor arh!!! Gotta be careful ya!

Running tripped. 

• Shocked 1

Hypersonic

I have Povidine Iodine solution at home. Maybe I will use this for my next change of dressing on my shoulder.

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Ender said:

Running tripped. 

take care and speedy recovery...boss

i know it's difficult to focus...many xmms running along the pcn and waterway nowadays

😅

• Haha! 7

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Ender said:

Running tripped. 

Oic! must be a very bad fall!

I usually will use the qing chao you.

th?id=OIP.QOQmXW9eEVHiZhFAJpJw9QHaHa%26p

• Praise 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Ender said:

Please take care and speedy recovery. When i hear people fall down makes me scare and worry, cause dangerous to fall down. I have a friend fell down last year end and broke her arm and already many many months liao and arm still cannot bend. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

i'm not familiar with this specific product but I always thought such oils are usually for bruises not open wounds?

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I like the smell of this herbal oil. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1