If you buy a COE Car and have $3K to spare. . .

Supercharged
11 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

So the golden question is what car are you getting? hahahaha.

A renewed E93. The price tag is very affordable now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
14 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

For me is manual cars hard to get nowadays. Brand new manual ones usually come at a premium.

Old school has old school flavour.

Next milestone is see ERP2 how is it, whether to carry on driving. 

think i'll drive a manual for as long as i can. Had 7 cars, since 2003. 5 were manual and 2auto. the 2 autos for a total of 5years. still like a manual. can take it easy or rev it like crazy depending on mood.

always found the auto boxes too indecisive cause it adapts too much. and when one wants to suddenly change and rev for just that couple of minutes, it gets confused.

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Rayoflight said:

I bought a MRS last Nov.. Spent $7k on new items (bodykit, rims+tyres, new spray paint) and just sold it 😌

Oh well.. 

wow thats quick. so the hobby is to fix cars?

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

wow thats quick. so the hobby is to fix cars?

Yea.. Free mods lol

Tot it was fun to have another wkend car.. But realised didnt really drive it that much. Oh well.. Tats how it is

Internal Moderator
48 minutes ago, Yeobt said:

Nice! I do my research first! Then I share with you if I were to get an E93, what mods will I do! hehehe.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
30 minutes ago, Rayoflight said:

I bought a MRS last Nov.. Spent $7k on new items (bodykit, rims+tyres, new spray paint) and just sold it 😌

Oh well.. 

Hmmm. If I can afford a weekend car, I will consider a Lotus Elise. haha. At least go track still can hone some skills.

34 minutes ago, Rayoflight said:

Oh well.. 

I had nicely modded MRS with titanium exos 8 yrs ago

78F6A0C0-2053-4393-BDCE-2DE8BEEDA5D0.jpeg

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hmmm. If I can afford a weekend car, I will consider a Lotus Elise. haha. At least go track still can hone some skills.

The lotus using the 1zz 1.8 also same. Unless its the 2zz or Supercharged. But lotus is def more raw and less comfort. 

Neutral Newbie
5 hours ago, Yeobt said:

I owned numerous of COE renewed cars in my driving history since early 90s. It was not as easy to fix some of the car problem then. I remember spending alot of regretful time and money going round and round just to correct an overheating radiator issue for my '88 EG Civic. 真是怨枉!

Now, information is so conveniently available online. Have been reading up some valuable postings on BMW forum this few days, now I'm good to start planning which workshop i can go to, what are the things I going to fix and how much am i going to spend even before i get my car. 😁

Really save so much troubles.

'88 civic shouldn't be EG, should be EF if am not wrong

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
12 hours ago, Rayoflight said:

The lotus using the 1zz 1.8 also same. Unless its the 2zz or Supercharged. But lotus is def more raw and less comfort. 

Yah. precisely. Because they using the same engine, so I use this as a comparison. haha. Different ppl different perspective on buying. I will choose power over comfort.hhahaha.

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yah. precisely. Because they using the same engine, so I use this as a comparison. haha. Different ppl different perspective on buying. I will choose power over comfort.hhahaha.

You look into Celica SS II Super Strut Suspension.  Duo VVTL-i

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
29 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

You look into Celica SS II Super Strut Suspension.  Duo VVTL-i

This one must be super rare in SG.

14 hours ago, Yeobt said:

I thk that’s a good choice. Can go topless is shiok.

• Praise 1

I have the same COE car as TS but mine is the CL7A. For me, it's my second car so my motto is: as long as it runs, I'm ok with it. Here's what I spent on it so far though.

$300 aircon compressor, broke down in Melaka and fixed at an aircon repair shop there. Nearly died from heatstroke for the 24hrs it wasn't fixed.

$700 radiator, engine overheat in middle of night. Managed to slowly make my way home and then to the car workshop the next day with about 3-4 restarts.

$80 reverse cam + installation. Camera was $10, installation took up the rest =S

$350 Enkei rims + tyres. Previous set of tyres was getting botak already so I just bought an entire set of rims + tyres from Carousell for a song. Lotsa good deals there if one looks hard enough.

And in the 1 year I owned it, I've done about 40,000km so about 4 engine oil changes. That's all folks! Amazing reliability. Honda rocks!

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
33 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Should be as rare as S2000

I still see a few S2000 on the road. But celica like not really.

I always find Tuscani looks abit like celica. 🤣

4171b899cdbb71af1de6e1d829f02fd6.jpg&f=1

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Agnoxis said:

I have the same COE car as TS but mine is the CL7A. For me, it's my second car so my motto is: as long as it runs, I'm ok with it. Here's what I spent on it so far though.

$300 aircon compressor, broke down in Melaka and fixed at an aircon repair shop there. Nearly died from heatstroke for the 24hrs it wasn't fixed.

$700 radiator, engine overheat in middle of night. Managed to slowly make my way home and then to the car workshop the next day with about 3-4 restarts.

$80 reverse cam + installation. Camera was $10, installation took up the rest =S

$350 Enkei rims + tyres. Previous set of tyres was getting botak already so I just bought an entire set of rims + tyres from Carousell for a song. Lotsa good deals there if one looks hard enough.

And in the 1 year I owned it, I've done about 40,000km so about 4 engine oil changes. That's all folks! Amazing reliability. Honda rocks!

Wa....engine overheated and u slowly drove it to the workshop with 3-4 restarts.

I presume its to top up water till reached max red line then stop to cool down and then top up again?

Why not tow it to wkshop instead? At most $50.

Radiator cost u $700 but engine kaput will mean lots more. 

My heart not so strong and i will be too stressed driving and watching water temp rising at same time. Heck, my blood pressure may be gg up as well😅

But that's just me.

Thanks for sharing 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2