If you buy a COE Car and have $3K to spare. . .

27 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

My pigu always itchy one mah. 🤣

pigu itchy must have money, i also itchy but i scratch it myself lor. 😄 The fact that i renewed  COE is because i dont even have another 3k 😥

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

pigu itchy must have money, i also itchy but i scratch it myself lor. 😄 The fact that i renewed  COE is because i dont even have another 3k 😥

No money. No honey.

I only have imagination. You never see so many cars i post, but none of it is mine. 😂

2007 Honda Accord Euro R

1990 Mercedes Benz 200E

2012 Suzuki Swift Sports

1991 Toyota Starlet EP91

2011 Alfa Romeo 159

• Praise 1

Just now, kobayashiGT said:

No money. No honey.

I only have imagination. You never see so many cars i post, but none of it is mine. 😂

2007 Honda Accord Euro R

1990 Mercedes Benz 200E

2012 Suzuki Swift Sports

1991 Toyota Starlet EP91

2011 Alfa Romeo 159

have been reading your interesting posts,  just joking with you. not going to borrow money from you , no need to justify so hard.😃😃

• Haha! 1

On 9/28/2020 at 2:25 PM, kobayashiGT said:

Let me give it a go for this beautiful Alfa Romeo 159.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=929899&DL=1000

929899_1b.jpg

929899_2b.jpg

929899_4b.jpg

One thing for sure I will not touch is the rims. These rims are so iconic for this car that nothing can replace it.

So here are the things I will do with the cars with my usual 3K budget.

s-l1000.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I will "update" its spark plug. . . $70

resize_image.php?image=PFF1-505.jpg&w=60

The lower arm bushing.and the anti roll bar bushing  . . . $450.

i-img1200x900-15956705028of5mw1326435.jp

I might wrap the side mirrors to brush aluminium look. $200

9263XunUpTQnSnzz4.jpg

Vogtland lowering spring to give a sportier look. $900

s-l1600.jpg

Oil cooler to better disperse the heat from the engine. $600

image.png.36086757b51be53e8a294f3a76c167a6.png

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001313145808.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5a017c5aucWvh7&algo_pvid=24637a24-6d0e-46e8-b11d-405d8d5f30a3&algo_expid=24637a24-6d0e-46e8-b11d-405d8d5f30a3-46&btsid=0bb0623616012737166523959ead14&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

An aftermarket head unit that still has the original looks from the car. This car is too nice cannot anyhow put a pioneer headunit and spoil the whole look. - $270

Carbon-fiber-Alfa-Romeo-Giulietta-automa

I will change away the gear knob also. The current one look very bulky. - $150

Total: S$2,640

3k pay for tow truck la

• Haha! 2

I recently got poisoned by the idea of owning a COE E92.

335i being turbo-ed probably can be tuned to be a good wannabe ///M3, but road tax will be a killer.

325i for inline 6 experience, should be good for cruising and weekend b-road driving.

@kobayashiGT maybe you can give this a go next 😁

• Praise 1

On 9/30/2020 at 3:37 PM, kobayashiGT said:

No money. No honey.

2007 Honda Accord Euro R

1990 Mercedes Benz 200E

2012 Suzuki Swift Sports

1991 Toyota Starlet EP91

2011 Alfa Romeo 159

I always tot u driving the Euro R. 

I went to see a COE-ed Alfa over the weekend. Here's a list of things that needs to be done. Didn't buy in the end. Not keen to keep running around workshops. 

Cam variator. Engine need to be look at. No funny noise but feels weak.

Fan is wired direct so it runs when the car is turn on. If the fan is wired that way, may need to look at the cooling system

Chassis suspension no sound, but a bit "high riding". Factor in $$$ for shocks/springs to get it to "sit" right.

The display for selespeed gear position no light.

Driver side window not working, there is a click when button is pressed so I'm guessing a window regulator/motor

Both side mirrors cannot adjust horizontally so I'm guessing this could be the switch (hopefully)

Wheels will need to respray back to silver. Tacky oversized "Alfa romeo" tyre valve caps. Tyres are Dunlop sport maxx, so if want a good set of rubber, will need to factor that in as well.

Alfa badges are worn, front grill is cracked

Lower air dam is cracked and covered with a DIY mesh

Driver side seat is worn and leather is peeling at seat belt contact areas. Seats feel a bit plasticky, wondering if it means they were painted as a quick touch up. Bolstering also very soft, I had a facelifted 156 seat at home previously for gaming and it quite firmly bolstered. 

Door locks pop back open if trying to lock the car

1x rear aircon vent plastic cover broken

Interior plastics are creaky and every time you move the shifter there is a noticeable creak from the plastic.

Paint is tired (with alot of hairline scratches) and needs a refresh with touch up paint for the black plastic areas. 

Selespeed is ok and smooth, but like all selespeeds you will never know. So prob need to set aside some $$$ for preventive maintenance.

And those are what my friends and I noticed. Who knows what else lies ahead. Don't think 3k can cover it. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

I went to see a COE-ed Alfa over the weekend. Here's a list of things that needs to be done. Didn't buy in the end. Not keen to keep running around workshops. 

25year olds like to ku(squat) at workshops mah! 😁

but yeah, same for me now. reliability beats everything else. cannot tahan worrying what else next will break.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

On 7/17/2020 at 10:42 AM, Ody_2004 said:

Zhnged mah! I always go Woodland Industrial Park E for shopping last time..

I got EP70 and EP80 both Zhnged..

I know got "EP71" on the road.. dropped in everything from the donor car.. 

Lai, this is my first car  COE EP70.

post-29292-0-35519900-1463543064_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

I recently got poisoned by the idea of owning a COE E92.

335i being turbo-ed probably can be tuned to be a good wannabe ///M3, but road tax will be a killer.

325i for inline 6 experience, should be good for cruising and weekend b-road driving.

@kobayashiGT maybe you can give this a go next 😁

Okay! maybe this weekend! these few days busy with some work on hand. hahaha. No time to window shopping!

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
58 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Cam variator. Engine need to be look at. No funny noise but feels weak.

Fan is wired direct so it runs when the car is turn on. If the fan is wired that way, may need to look at the cooling system

Chassis suspension no sound, but a bit "high riding". Factor in $$$ for shocks/springs to get it to "sit" right.

The display for selespeed gear position no light.

Driver side window not working, there is a click when button is pressed so I'm guessing a window regulator/motor

Both side mirrors cannot adjust horizontally so I'm guessing this could be the switch (hopefully)

Wheels will need to respray back to silver. Tacky oversized "Alfa romeo" tyre valve caps. Tyres are Dunlop sport maxx, so if want a good set of rubber, will need to factor that in as well.

Alfa badges are worn, front grill is cracked

Lower air dam is cracked and covered with a DIY mesh

Driver side seat is worn and leather is peeling at seat belt contact areas. Seats feel a bit plasticky, wondering if it means they were painted as a quick touch up. Bolstering also very soft, I had a facelifted 156 seat at home previously for gaming and it quite firmly bolstered. 

Door locks pop back open if trying to lock the car

1x rear aircon vent plastic cover broken

Interior plastics are creaky and every time you move the shifter there is a noticeable creak from the plastic.

Paint is tired (with alot of hairline scratches) and needs a refresh with touch up paint for the black plastic areas. 

Selespeed is ok and smooth, but like all selespeeds you will never know. So prob need to set aside some $$$ for preventive maintenance.

And those are what my friends and I noticed. Who knows what else lies ahead. Don't think 3k can cover it. 

The alfa is a carburettor engine or direct injection? Like a lot of upkeep. 

21 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Okay! maybe this weekend! these few days busy with some work on hand. hahaha. No time to window shopping!

No problem sir! Just throwing a suggestion into the ring for fun 😆

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

No problem sir! Just throwing a suggestion into the ring for fun 😆

Hang in there! I will be back!!!!!