If you buy a COE Car and have $3K to spare. . .

Internal Moderator
36 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Since it is turbo engine, go for a tuning...

Agree. turbo car no need mod too much one. One tune can liao. But before tuning, remb to install the BOV.

then will have the tuiiii tuiiii tuiiiii tuiiii tuiiiiiiiiiiii sound. hahahahahahhahha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Just now, kobayashiGT said:

Agree. turbo car no need mod too much one. One tune can liao. But before tuning, remb to install the BOV.

then will have the tuiiii tuiiii tuiiiii tuiiii tuiiiiiiiiiiii sound. hahahahahahhahha.

Rather than tune, I will change to more efficient intercooler.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Rather than tune, I will change to more efficient intercooler.

Colder air means more dense air! 💨

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Ralliart_ray said:

@Blackaccent 

I am the old starlet driver! I miss it sia

where is saber workshop?? Long time didn’t visit him. Used to play Dota with him lol

Hi,

Saber shifted to #06-21 Sin Ming AutoCity.

Yes, miss those days and there was even a sub-folder for Starlet in MCF before most of it was scrapped in 2011.

Sadly, Saber threw most of his Starlet parts away when he shifted his workshop as demand has dropped drastically.

17 hours ago, Ralliart_ray said:

@Blackaccent 

good old days where they change everything inside out...

saber used to maintain my starlet as well.

Singapore got any glanza?

Ya... I went all the way to KL with one of the Starlet Bro to source for a GT Bumper bracket.

When one of the member is scrapping off his/her starlet, all of us will be like vultures, change/stripe out parts like nobody business.

All DIY. Really crazy. I remember seeing my Starlet being tow to scrap yard, Bumper, Bonnet and body all different colour.

I heard there is 1 Glanza (EP91) in Singapore but dunno how true cos never see it before.

Interested to get the 5 series or E250 COE car (registered 2011). Depre is around 8k+ which I think it is quite ok.

Any reliability issues for these 2? 

3 hours ago, Donald83 said:

Interested to get the 5 series or E250 COE car (registered 2011). Depre is around 8k+ which I think it is quite ok.

Any reliability issues for these 2? 

I think  E250 will be more reliable than the 5 series if its the same generation as the mercedes, thats why you can find the older E class being used as taxis.

• Praise 2

the salesman didn't do a good enough job.

All my customers drive off with not even 2 cents to spare.

:D

• Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Uncle @kobayashiGT can do one feature for Vios NSP 151?

Can! I try to find time today to do! Need to do some research first also. haha. But toyota vios a lot of mods in Thailand, so easy peasy. 🙂

(edited)
18 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

I think  E250 will be more reliable than the 5 series if its the same generation as the mercedes, thats why you can find the older E class being used as taxis.

My 12 year old e200 is still alive and kicking, as reliable as the Altis.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

(edited)
19 hours ago, Jamesc said:

the salesman didn't do a good enough job.

All my customers drive off with not even 2 cents to spare.

:D

Can spent the spare 3k on 19" sport rims with Michelin PS 4 tyres... [sly]

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Just wondering, can do a full 'wrap' with that $3k ?  :we-all-gonna-die:

You give me $2k, What you wanna wrap also can. 🙂

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47p78gjukjyd96np7oty

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

So thanks to @yellowshaun I am back again with a If-I-have-$3K-What-can-I-mod? So today we have the Toyota Vios NSP151.

This car is famous for its fuel efficiency and reliability, so It will be a good car to start with some mods! So without much further ado, leggo!!!!!!!! :a-dothewave:

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1004576&DL=2315

1004576_1b.jpg

1004576_2b.jpg

There is actually a Toyota Vios GR-Sport version being launch in Malaysia in 2021, so my today project will be trying to make it looks as nice as the GR-sport!

https://paultan.org/2020/12/17/toyota-vios-gr-s-launched-sporty-variant-with-10-speed-cvt-sports-suspension-17in-rims-rm97-5k/

16_inch_ssr_gtx01_original_rim_158858073

I will upgrade the rim to 16" maybe with a Thailand-made inspired SSR GTX01 rim design. This car is not heavy, and cannot drive fast, this is perfectly fine for this set up.

Damage: $800+

auto-fold-mirror-module-for-toyota-honda

I will also upgrade my side mirror to auto fold, to add some coolness to it. 🙂

Damage: $65

70mai_A800.png&f=1&nofb=1

I will also invest in a good dash cam to add extra protection in the event if there is an accident.

Damage: $300

Triple-S-Suspension-Lowering-Spring-1-60

I will also get a lowering spring to help create a sportier look for the vios.

Damage: $480

149906_1_4159b9ad-12b2-4076-b895-5366390

Since got new spring, might as well change the dampener also. This is actually a very good dampener for OEM replacement, is from reputable brand KYB so expect high quality from them! The down side is non-adjustable. But for a Vios, it is fine! 🙂

Damage: $600-700ish.

255381_1_811cceb6-b63f-4708-b8f0-7747ef0

I wanna find a GR push start button, but I cannot find it, so TRD also can lah. I will change the normal push start to TRD, so everytime I start the car, I will feel race-inspired.

Damage: $160😱

705901105297597.jpg

Then add some VIP-ness with this sill plate.

Damage: $80

My Total Damage is $2,585.

But in reality hor, I won't spend $3K to mod a vios. The engine is reliable but not powerful, the gearbox is fuel efficent but not responsive. So I see no point touching the engine and gearbox, I will only play around with cosmetic and security. The one thingI will rear invest on is the auto fold window, if you really ask me. I think is a go feature for singapore carparks.

Other than that, it is just for boasting you have a modded vios. Which nobody cares. 😂 But the Toyota Vios GR Sport is indeed a very handsome car. I likey. 🙂

• Haha! 2

Haha yayyy ty! I was thinking which bodykit you were going to intro to make it a Vios GR Sport! I searched the whole web on google, alibaba, aliexpress, lazada, shopee still cant find. Think only can turn to UMW Toyota Malaysia to get it since the car is supposedly engineered in MY, which would probably mean some crazy $$$$...

image.thumb.png.ad092be86f04085ee71d535eadb5b605.png

I think the closest rim to the Vios GR-S are these but i dont really like the look: http://www.rotawheels.com/product/kensei

image.png.9ef93d9e54b99a7397fd573502cf58b9.png

These are two spoilers I found that cost $130-170

image.thumb.png.3e121d720ff903dafd5f7e6d83af8a2a.pngimage.thumb.png.dd1a1e5c24258a85058fcb5161f5bb40.png

As for bodykit, I am still looking hard for a replacement front bumper cause it's the part of the car I find the ugliest! But no luck as it seems most just have an add on front skirt =(

Will the auto fold mirrors void the warranty since it has to do with electronics?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1