If you buy a COE Car and have $3K to spare. . .

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

First thing I will do I think is to thoroughly disinfect the interior of the car. LoL...

Buy $3k worth of Lysol spray from aunty lucy?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
51 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

yup likewise!

My recent purchased the owner was so nice that she did Full servicing and passed the annual inspection, Pumped Full tank then transfer/pass the car to me.

full servicing...😏

I spent on coil-overs (leak), both clutch pumps (fail), gear shifter cable (fail), battery (weak), radiator hose (minor leak), thermostat (forgot), front lower and upper arms and bushings, gear bushing (change to metal), upgrade brake pad instead of changing to BBK.  And recently engine mount (so bad it affect driveshaft - vibration).

Coil-overs and engine mounts most chor one 🙄

Did all these over like half a year progressively.  Heng engine is in very good condition.

Wish list - better FC, better low-end, faster gear shift 😁 and a darn decent steering wheel cover to fit (lazy to sew)

Edited by Phluvcat
  • Praise 5

Internal Moderator
44 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

hahaha wa think so highly of me ah tyty a C63 is one of the wishlist cars hahahaha but by the time i can afford maybe my spine can't take the firm ride alr hahaahah

same boat also no gf, I don't save 200 for the car a mth but maybr I shld start. "Rainy days" have come bt mostly wear and tear like suspension and radiator etc, only nightmare was a fried ECU.

I also wanna open the Pandora box if I can hahahaah, starting with some good coilovers!

Can try BR racing! I think is good enough for a daily drive! 🙂

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
41 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

yup likewise!

My recent purchased the owner was so nice that she did Full servicing and passed the annual inspection, Pumped Full tank then transfer/pass the car to me.

pretty anot? hahahah.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

yup likewise!

Did you return the favour by giving her a full servicing, pass your inspection and pump her full tank as a way of saying thanks? blushed.gif

crazy.gif

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

(edited)
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

the 944 is it? and then it took up residency. 😁

That one bill not 3k, that one 30k. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Phluvcat said:

full servicing...😏

I spent on coil-overs (leak), both clutch pumps (fail), gear shifter cable (fail), battery (weak), radiator hose (minor leak), thermostat (forgot), front lower and upper arms and bushings, gear bushing (change to metal), upgrade brake pad instead of changing to BBK.  And recently engine mount (so bad it affect driveshaft - vibration).

Coil-overs and engine mounts most chor one 🙄

Did all these over like half a year progressively.  Heng engine is in very good condition.

Wish list - better FC, better low-end, faster gear shift 😁 and a darn decent steering wheel cover to fit (lazy to sew)

That’s quite a list. Hope the previous owner gave you a good discount. 

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Can try BR racing! I think is good enough for a daily drive! 🙂

you practically read my mind! intend to get the BC BR, alr gotten 2 quotes, most likely will do after CB hahaha cos my stock suspension has been on the car since Oct 2008, and after 180K it's abt time, stil amazingly doing ok though just abit of minor leak

Did mine for also 900 at Sin Ming.

Cheap because they used the cheaper paint (Du...something)but the workmanship was okay.

9-3 I.jpg

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

yup likewise!

so good! Mine back late last year, the direct owner bluffed , said inspection done, when I transferred over the car, road tax was due in 5 days so tried to renew but cannot cos the system say need inspection, then he act blur hahahah wa mad rush to get it certified

Told me full servicing every 5K and all wear and tear replaced but when I got the car and went for my own service to play safe, had to change turbo charge pipe, rear door lock module, timing cover gasket, and right side drive shaft cos all were going to GG, spent 1k (still reasonable cos the door lock alone 400), and then realised the rims were bent on the inner side, had to get new rims, another 2k gone hahahahahaha. (That doesn't include the 2K spent recently on worn out radiator, control arms, stabiliser links, thermostat and water pump, melted spark plugs and leaking coolant pipes, and the ECU which fried itself and cost 1.3K to repair)

and when I received the car no fuel left had to drive to the nearest station to top up, 55L tank I topped up 53L (shows how little left)

Lesson learned, don't be smitten by the car and the full servicing history, still send to workshop to check!

But I got 3.2K off his asking price on SGCM so count that as the savings were used for some of the maintenance lor haha

Edited by SiLangKia
  • Praise 5

9 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

That’s quite a list. Hope the previous owner gave you a good discount. 

Well I won't brood over the past. Enjoy the ride 😁

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Did mine for also 900 at Sin Ming.

Cheap because they used the cheaper paint (Du...something)but the workmanship was okay.

9-3 I.jpg

SAAB is rare, a well maintained SAAB is even more rare.  Nice. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

For my case, I spent about $6k (including labour costs) on replacing the suspension bushings, control arms, tie rods, driveshaft boots, shocks, spring pads, tyres, radiator hoses, brake hoses and pads and new fluids, i.e. clutch, brake and coolant. Along with all these, replaced air con compressor and piping and the engine fan and rubberised undercarriage coating which I can attest that works but not by much.

Stock are still the engine mountings, clutch lining. Mine's 2009 Avante manual which I drove since new.

• Praise 1

For my previous COE car, all I did was full servicing, solar film and racing seat. Not into modding, just need a reliable car.

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

pretty anot? hahahah.

One must be darn humsup or veri handsome to enjoy that kind of free servicing...

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

One must be darn humsup or veri handsome to enjoy that kind of free servicing...

I never encounter before mah. So I am asking. hahahha.

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

you practically read my mind! intend to get the BC BR, alr gotten 2 quotes, most likely will do after CB hahaha cos my stock suspension has been on the car since Oct 2008, and after 180K it's abt time, stil amazingly doing ok though just abit of minor leak

Hahah. Great mind think alike mah! 😎

When you are buying, you come and look for me! I know the boss of Fong Kim, they are the distributor of BC racing. 🙂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2