If you buy a COE Car and have $3K to spare. . .

Internal Moderator

This is an assumptive thread where I will go and fish some of the COE cars in sgcarmart and share with you all, If I were to buy these cars, what are the things that I will spend on and why I will spend on these items.

I did buy a COE car, and I spend quite a fair bit in modification, But that's my hobby. For those who are considering buying COE car or those who are driving a COE car, please come and share with us your maintenance and pro tips to preserve a COE car.

To start off with the first car, I have chosen my own car model. 2007 Honda Accord Euro R.

47AB3C84-8F55-4E55-8016-50C347C68A47_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.eccd4b65a5b08509b075d6352c3759e0.jpeg

Of cuz, I won't post my own car here so I took a purple Euro R for reference. 🤪

So, if I put aside $3,000. What will I spend on?

The car itself is in a very mint condition, Only like some exterior wear and tear I will complaint, other than that I think the car drives very well so nothing much I would like to do to the engine, Just to make it a tad bit better for daily driving.

Innovative Mount - $500 + 300(labour) I bought the engine mount online at ebay and went to install.

10751_93870bd2-2a01-4820-abd6-285db7692b

Skunk2 Short Shifter - $90

1799025215_Screenshot2020-05-18at3_22_01PM.png.737058c01e691c6f71854360345c291d.png

Alpine Type-E Series SXE-1750S Car Audio 6.5-Inch Component 2-Way Speakers ($60)

51j2B4Z1x8L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

PAC RPK4-HD1101 Audio Integrated Installation Kit 2003-2007 Honda Accord ($400)

811FD414-DCD8-4828-804A-82A3B3526B5D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.aee048b96d8da8266f800fea43c47759.jpeg

I think this is one of my best value buy. instantly make the car modern again! Now Euro R comes with Apple Carplay and Android Auto! 

Sony XAV-AX200 DVD Receiver w/Bluetooth - ($350)

th?id=OIP.VrXyunEWi6FPICf9a4DQowHaE0%26p

The reason why I choose this headunit is because of the volume knob. I am very analog and anal when comes to these things. So this fit the bills.

Momo 350 Monte Carlo Steering wheel ($130) Brought Second-hand at Japan Yahoo auction.

mx52.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

They say airbag save lives. But unfortunately, the Honda Accord Euro R had a recall for the airbag. And I would like to preserve the original steering wheel in good condition, so when I sell the car, I hope it helps to fetch a better price, so I bought a momo steering wheel to replace. Haven't install yet, will update the photos when installed.

Fluidampr performance damper ($700) Also Yahoo Auction.

1-159.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Since I upgraded the engine mount, the rattling of the dash is quite significant, yes, the drive is more responsive. But also a bit harsh in daily drive. So after some research, I came across this damper to help absorb some of the vibrations and also give a smoother delivery on low RPM.

A full spray exterior spray painting. ($900)

1737139C-EACA-4001-ABA8-F3EE5FF52EF0_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.788aa071ac6feb828cfbd644d0901e4e.jpeg

I have sent my car for a refresh since I might drive it for 10 years. Best decision ever! For those who want lobangs can check out MCF Marketplace for lobangs!

Summary

• Innovative mount - $800
  • Skunk2 Short Shifter - $90
  • Alpine Speaker - $60
  • PAC Kit - $400
  • Sony XAV-AX200 - $350
  • MOMO Steering Wheel - $130
  • FluidAmpr - $700
  • Full Respray - $900

Total = $3,430

Over budget abit. I think Steering wheel and short shifter can be excluded if want. 😄

If you all like such topic, please help me to give a thumbs up! If the respond is good, I will do research and tackle on more COE car! 🙂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 30
  • Shocked 1

Hypersonic
47 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Momo 350 Monte Carlo Steering wheel ($130) Brought Second-hand at Japan Yahoo auction.

mx52.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

They say airbag save lives. But unfortunately, the Honda Accord Euro R had a recall for the airbag. And I would like to preserve the original steering wheel in good condition, so when I sell the car, I hope it helps to fetch a better price, so I bought a momo steering wheel to replace. Haven't install yet, will update the photos when installed.

U mean the original steering wheel has the reinstalled airbag or not? If it's a replacement airbag, why wouldn't u want to use it. Though i can understand why u have an aftermarket steering wheel. Given that the steering wheel safety bag is likely the most important one...

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
18 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

U mean the original steering wheel has the reinstalled airbag or not? If it's a replacement airbag, why wouldn't u want to use it. Though i can understand why u have an aftermarket steering wheel. Given that the steering wheel safety bag is likely the most important one...

I didn't go and change the airbag. The paperwork quite mafan as the car is PI.

Erm. I quite a slowpoke when comes to driving. And I will definitely change to a bigger brake. I won't compromise on my own safety one! 🙂 

Hypersonic
Just now, kobayashiGT said:

Erm. I quite a slowpoke when comes to driving. And I will definitely change to a bigger brake. I won't compromise on my own safety one! 🙂 

Lol sometimes not u bang pple. pple bang u mah.

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Lol sometimes not u bang pple. pple bang u mah.

Hahah. that's true too. 🤣

Maybe I will strap some cushion on my steering wheel. 🤣

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

This is an assumptive thread where I will go and fish some of the COE cars in sgcarmart and share with you all, If I were to buy these cars, what are the things that I will spend on and why I will spend on these items.

I did buy a COE car, and I spend quite a fair bit in modification, But that's my hobby. For those who are considering buying COE car or those who are driving a COE car, please come and share with us your maintenance and pro tips to preserve a COE car.

To start off with the first car, I have chosen my own car model. 2007 Honda Accord Euro R.

• Alpine Speaker - $60
  • PAC Kit - $400
  • Sony XAV-AX200 - $350
  • FluidAmpr - $700
  • Full Respray - $900

Total = $3,430

Over budget abit. I think Steering wheel and short shifter can be excluded if want. 😄

Personally when I bought a COE car the first $3,000 I spent on were:

- a full fluid flush and refresh (gearbox, engine, radiator, brakes)

- accessory/timing belt and pulley replacement

- new tires

- new suspension bump stops and new absorbers

- critical spare parts, e.g. spare water pump, etc. what spare parts you accumulate depends on what you know are not readily available from workshops or stockists. With COE cars, they start to get less and less support from parts dealers. 

Don't necessarily agree on your spending priorities, but hey, its your car and your money. 

• Praise 8

Easy to stay within budget...get the rests done up and enjoy the ride first...wait till after New Years...go respray with MJ winnings and it’ll be cheaper too. If lose...color can wait another year...yet another year...yet...

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Personally when I bought a COE car the first $3,000 I spent on were:

- a full fluid flush and refresh (gearbox, engine, radiator, brakes)

- accessory/timing belt and pulley replacement

- new tires

- new suspension bump stops and new absorbers

- critical spare parts, e.g. spare water pump, etc. what spare parts you accumulate depends on what you know are not readily available from workshops or stockists. With COE cars, they start to get less and less support from parts dealers. 

Don't necessarily agree on your spending priorities, but hey, its your car and your money. 

Yeah. I did a full fluid change, timing belt replacement, a new thermostat and tyre upgrades(Bridgestone Potenza S007A). I didn't state inside my list only. haha. I agree with you and I think these are necessary things to do before getting a pre-owned car. However, these are also boring stuff ppl will find it boring. So I am just sharing my upgrades from a different perspective. I like to mod car, and If I were to own a car how would I spend $3K. 🙂

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

Easy to stay within budget...get the rests done up and enjoy the ride first...wait till after New Years...go respray with MJ winnings and it’ll be cheaper too. If lose...color can wait another year...yet another year...yet...

I always lose in MJ one. I think if I do that I will end up working at the spray painting shop instead.

• Haha! 1

Correct me if I am wrong. So the present car is in purple colour? 

I thought purple is Indian choice of colour... [lipsrsealed]

Good choice for a coe car. CL7 design is timeless, more so if its a type R. 

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Correct me if I am wrong. So the present car is in purple colour? 

I thought purple is Indian choice of colour... [lipsrsealed]

Good choice for a coe car. CL7 design is timeless, more so if its a type R. 

No lah. My car not purple. hahaha. That purple car is just illustration only.

Too bad accord no type-r. haha.

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

47AB3C84-8F55-4E55-8016-50C347C68A47_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.eccd4b65a5b08509b075d6352c3759e0.jpeg

So, if I put aside $3,000. What will I spend on?

The car itself is in a very mint condition, Only like some exterior wear and tear I will complaint, other than that I think the car drives very well so nothing much I would like to do to the engine, Just to make it a tad bit better for daily driving.

Innovative Mount - $500 + 300(labour) I bought the engine mount online at ebay and went to install.

10751_93870bd2-2a01-4820-abd6-285db7692b

Skunk2 Short Shifter - $90

1799025215_Screenshot2020-05-18at3_22_01PM.png.737058c01e691c6f71854360345c291d.png

Alpine Type-E Series SXE-1750S Car Audio 6.5-Inch Component 2-Way Speakers ($60)

51j2B4Z1x8L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

PAC RPK4-HD1101 Audio Integrated Installation Kit 2003-2007 Honda Accord ($400)

811FD414-DCD8-4828-804A-82A3B3526B5D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.aee048b96d8da8266f800fea43c47759.jpeg

I think this is one of my best value buy. instantly make the car modern again! Now Euro R comes with Apple Carplay and Android Auto! 

Sony XAV-AX200 DVD Receiver w/Bluetooth - ($350)

th?id=OIP.VrXyunEWi6FPICf9a4DQowHaE0%26p

The reason why I choose this headunit is because of the volume knob. I am very analog and anal when comes to these things. So this fit the bills.

mx52.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Fluidampr performance damper ($700) Also Yahoo Auction.

1-159.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Since I upgraded the engine mount, the rattling of the dash is quite significant, yes, the drive is more responsive. But also a bit harsh in daily drive. So after some research, I came across this damper to help absorb some of the vibrations and also give a smoother delivery on low RPM.

A full spray exterior spray painting. ($900)

1737139C-EACA-4001-ABA8-F3EE5FF52EF0_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.788aa071ac6feb828cfbd644d0901e4e.jpeg

I have sent my car for a refresh since I might drive it for 10 years. Best decision ever! For those who want lobangs can check out MCF Marketplace for lobangs!

Summary

• Alpine Speaker - $60
  • PAC Kit - $400
  • Sony XAV-AX200 - $350
  • FluidAmpr - $700
  • Full Respray - $900

Total = $3,430

Honda Accord full respray at $900? That is a good price!

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Albeniz said:

Honda Accord full respray at $900? That is a good price!

Haha. I know the boss lah. I gotten friendship price from him. 🙂

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

No lah. My car not purple. hahaha. That purple car is just illustration only.

Too bad accord no type-r. haha.

soli soli my bad, its euro R. 

another car i would consider is a golf gti mk V.

Supersonic

Bro...u say won't compromise safety but u do away w airbag? Did I read wrongly?

(edited)

Full respray with colour change is $900? Use tamiya spray ah? You never factor in boss kit for your moomoo, that's another 100-150.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged

Yeah. I did a full fluid change, timing belt replacement, a new thermostat and tyre upgrades(Bridgestone Potenza S007A). I didn't state inside my list only. haha. I agree with you and I think these are necessary things to do before getting a pre-owned car. However, these are also boring stuff ppl will find it boring. So I am just sharing my upgrades from a different perspective. I like to mod car, and If I were to own a car how would I spend $3K. 🙂

the fluid changes and tires, suspension, would eat up most of the 3k liao.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1