Carsales Facebook Live Is This The New Normal?

Internal Moderator

I chance upon their facebook live and I find that it is quite effective. Just one person and one handphone, they managed to get 21 shares and 3.1K of views.

For parallel Importer, they usually don't allow the customer to test drive the car. So I think a facebook live "demo" will be good to share the inputs and the features of the car.

However, I still don't think it will convert into sales. As this is a high ticket item, usually still need personal touch to have some assurance and shiok-ness when buying a car.

But I think this is a very good approach when it comes to the current situation we are facing. Yet they are still positive about this and willing to share live demo. Kudos.

p.s. But the presenter can still improve lah. hahaha. Got the Singaporean friendly-ness but I think when comes to introducing a mercs, still gotta portray some elegance and flairs for the car. 🙂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

It seems for the bigger PI, they started to offer test drive to serious buyers. My guess is, probably for some more common  hot selling models only....

• Praise 1

(edited)

mostly to stay relevant and be in touch with potential customers

not exactly for closing sales now but why not after cb ends, if the price is right

Edited by Sissypoo
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Many car distributors had their cars fly off the shelves in recent online sales. Very successful.

Prices were very competitive, at rock bottom, never seen before since the Dec 2008 $2 COE crash & 2009 Lehman Brothers crisis.

In the upcoming COE bids in June, there'll be  a backlog of orders to secue COE, but bidding will be cautious, as the cars were sold at huge discounts, hence lower margins. Cat A & B will drop to $25K level. Unlikely to go below $20K for sure.

Edited by Vinceng

Supercharged
22 minutes ago, Dannnn said:

tbh, this is the time where car salesgirl will shine

Got 1 PI got the NOC girl Nina as sales de. 

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Many car distributors had their cars fly off the shelves in recent online sales. Very successful.

Prices were very competitive, at rock bottom, never seen before since the Dec 2008 $2 COE crash & 2009 Lehman Brothers crisis.

In the upcoming COE bids in June, there'll be  a backlog of orders to secue COE, but bidding will be cautious, as the cars were sold at huge discounts, hence lower margins. Cat A & B will drop to $25K level. Unlikely to go below $20K for sure.

Even online sales might be successful, but i guess this would not be the new norm for car sales. People still prefer to go to car showroom if want to buy car. Online sales is due to CB period, no choice only.

20 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Insider info? 

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

Any indicative prices for certain models?

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I chance upon their facebook live and I find that it is quite effective. Just one person and one handphone, they managed to get 21 shares and 3.1K of views.

For parallel Importer, they usually don't allow the customer to test drive the car. So I think a facebook live "demo" will be good to share the inputs and the features of the car.

However, I still don't think it will convert into sales. As this is a high ticket item, usually still need personal touch to have some assurance and shiok-ness when buying a car.

But I think this is a very good approach when it comes to the current situation we are facing. Yet they are still positive about this and willing to share live demo. Kudos.

No chio bu no deal..

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Any indicative prices for certain models?

You've probably missed the boat. Most distributors had raised prices 2 weeks ago.

Those online deals for brand new units, incl COE, from authorised distributors, since the Circuit Breaker started in April were :

Mitsubishi Attrage (pre facelift) - $49K
Perodua Bezza - $54K
Hyundai Accent - $56K
Honda Jazz - $62K
Hyundai Avante - $66K
Kia Cerato - $68K
Seat Toledo - $71K
Seat Ibiza - $74K
Hyundai i30 turbo - $76K
VW Passat 1.8 Highline (not the lower end Comfortline) showroom unit - $109K

Volvo S90 T5 - $149K

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

You've probably missed the boat. Most distributors had raised prices last weekend.

Those deals for brand new units from authorised distributors were :

Mitsubishi Attrage - $49K
Perodua Bezza - $54K
Hyundai Accent - $56K
Honda Jazz - $62K
Hyundai Avante - $66K

Kia Cerato - $68K
Seat Toledo - $71K
Volkeswagen Passat 1.8 Highline showroom unit - $109K

Volvo S90 T5 - $150K

The boat will come back. No one should be kidding themselves they can cash in on a cheap car just because its 10k cheaper than pre-COVID, if it isn't entirely certain they can even keep their jobs or at least their full salary. The economy shutting down like this is unprecedented short of a war like the Japanese Occupation. The fact that everything is in suspension doesn't mean it will all go back to normal. 

Those who buy are either iron ricebowl or think themselves as recession/depression-proof. 

(edited)
30 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

You've probably missed the boat. Most distributors had raised prices 2 weeks ago.

Those online deals for brand new units, incl COE, from authorised distributors, since the Circuit Breaker started in April were :

Mitsubishi Attrage (pre facelift) - $49K
Perodua Bezza - $54K
Hyundai Accent - $56K
Honda Jazz - $62K
Hyundai Avante - $66K
Kia Cerato - $68K
Seat Toledo - $71K
Seat Ibiza - $74K
Hyundai i30 turbo - $76K
VW Passat 1.8 Highline (not the lower end Comfortline) showroom unit - $109K

Volvo S90 T5 - $149K

The Volvo looks very good buy..

the sampan left.

now , I’m waiting for the Tanker ..🙏🏻🙇‍♀

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

I've watched many youtube videos of car sales executive selling their cars in other countries like US, Vietnam, Malaysia etc. NONE are from Singapore. 

This fb live is a good thing also, if any PI wanna run road can trace back to this fella's face, fb, his friends, etc and expose him. But most of these fb live selling are for fun one lah. The Wang Lei sell fish all spew profanities and lewd jokes, funny to watch but i wont buy.

Turbocharged
19 minutes ago, Freeder said:

The Volvo looks very good buy..

the sampan left.

now , I’m waiting for the Tanker ..🙏🏻🙇‍♀

The S90 is  a steal if you don't mind that it is assembled in China.

↡ Advertisement