COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 1: 407 New Cases, 9 Infections in Community (14 June)

RadX

Message added by BabyBlade

(edited)
2 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

We need this kind of FT within the parliament.

Mr Pham Quang Thai, I'm sure you're cheaper, better and faster than Gan Kim Yong + Kenneth Mak combined. Hope you can come here to steal their lunches. 😁

“ I do not yet know of a man who became a leader as a result of having undergone a leadership course”

guess who said the above.

The true solid Leaders to me,  are those who have guts and the tenacity to take their experience and beliefs towards voicing out and taking real actions . Definitely not just relying on academic statistics or scholistics studies only to end debates with ifs and buts

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

:grin:

The traditional Thai massage is back and parlors can start opening again, but with one important condition.

Masseurs can only work on body parts that are below the waist.

Since only half the body, I wonder will $$ be halved as well?

It'll benefit both gender :grin:

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Since only half the body, I wonder will $$ be halved as well?

It'll benefit both gender :grin:

Haha I don't mind paying more.

And I will put a big tip in their hand.

Hypersonic
(edited)
8 hours ago, inlinesix said:

How Vietnam managed to keep its coronavirus death toll at zero

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/29/asia/coronavirus-vietnam-intl-hnk/index.html

Vietnamese are very smart people.

They fought USA and won.

They fought corona and won.

At the time, the Chinese authorities and the World Health Organization had both maintained that there was no "clear evidence'' for human-to-human transmission. But Vietnam was not taking any chances.

How can WHO be so stupid?

If its not human to human transmission then what can it be?

Rats like the bubonic plague? 

When it spread from country to country then its has to be by people taking aeroplanes.

Rats can take aeroplanes and fly to other countries?

If its not human what can be the transmission that goes around the world so fast?

WHO leaders are really dumb.

And the Vietnamese are smart and never listened to those idiots.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

“ I do not yet know of a man who became a leader as a result of having undergone a leadership course”

on a similar note.. I do not yet know which retrenched PMET got hired becos he/she attended some skill future training..

When i started working 20 plus years back.. when China got into mass electronic manufacturing/production.. Farmers were hired to run production line.. once they got into the job then they get train to use keyboard and mouse and operate complex machine..

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
4 hours ago, Wt_know said:

how dare you to deprive amdk to lim beer and tcss ... lol

if i have corona, i guess i have it with lime ... [laugh] 

They like chillin’ 🍺 ........ built them a dorm 

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

on a similar note.. I do not yet know which retrenched PMET got hired becos he/she attended some skill future training..

When i started working 20 plus years back.. when China got into mass electronic manufacturing/production.. Farmers were hired to run production line.. once they got into the job then they get train to use keyboard and mouse and operate complex machine..

SkillFuture for those that are channeled into specific technical jobs and have an attached company still have an interview process and candidate selection. If the company take a look at the retrenched pmet and deem them too experienced and older (and thus may be difficult to handle), they also will not hire and that pmet can't join the course.

Turbocharged
(edited)

A sinkie indian lady went to visit her bf at 3am with nary a soul in sight tio charged and may kena jail or 10kfine. These amdks in broad daylight in blatant disregard of the law, congregate, drink beer and make merry and yet have social minister intercede for them..kaoz...😕

Recently one singaporean lodged a complaint against another fellow sinkie for 'gathering' at a bereaved family's funeral procession. If an event as solemn as a funeral can come under the microscope.... i dun see why having beer in a group should be let off under the guise of anti-xenophobia. Pui!

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 8

If grace fu can let herself be triggered by online vitriol, she really doesnt have what it takes to be a politician.  Online everyone is like kill your mother, burn down your house. 

• Praise 6

(edited)

Onto the daily numbers, 8 in the ICU.

I notice we're down to 313 hospitalised in general ward, down from more than 1000 two weeks ago. At the current rate of decay we'll be down to 100 at the end of the week.

Doesn't seem like the large numbers of infected FW's ended up flooding the hospitals so far.

In fact, looks like the entire healthcare sector is now under far less pressure from COVID-19 than during the peak. In 3-4 weeks hopefully even more so.

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 2

6 hours ago, Sosaria said:

The viets have a long history of conflict with and distrust of china. Not surprising. 

True.

Still, credit has to go to them for not waiting for WHO's guidelines while taking quick and decisive actions immediately. I guess their distrust of China also led to their early move to stop all to/fro flights with China without any worry of diplomatic repercussions. This turned out to be a crucial isolation move during the early stages, while WHO is still downplaying the contagiousness of Covid-19 back in Jan/Feb. 

• Praise 4

(edited)
1 hour ago, Kyrios said:

A sinkie indian lady went to visit her bf at 3am with nary a soul in sight tio charged and may kena jail or 10kfine. These amdks in broad daylight in blatant disregard of the law, congregate, drink beer and make merry and yet have social minister intercede for them..kaoz...😕

Recently one singaporean lodged a complaint against another fellow sinkie for 'gathering' at a bereaved family's funeral procession. If an event as solemn as a funeral can come under the microscope.... i dun see why having beer in a group should be let off under the guise of anti-xenophobia. Pui!

We're all equal, but some are more equal than others. 

The leniency towards the AMDKs has been very obvious for the longest time. The current civil service and law enforcement agencies here are seemingly bound by a pair of invisible cuffs when it comes to prosecuting these blatant AMDKs. 

The only time where we can be proud that we stood by our law by the virtues of our sovereignty was to cane Michael Fay back in '94, regardless of pressure from Clinton's administration. 

In '09, Romanian diplomat Silviu Ionescu flew out of Singapore back to Romania a few days after his hit-and-run killing one, saying that he don't believe in the court of Singapore. Luckily for him, he died of heart attack in jail later. 

In '16, David James Roach robbed the Standard Chartered branch at Holland V. We only managed to extradite this a**hole back here early this year after assuring the British that we will not be caning him (FYI robbery is an offence with mandatory caning in SG). 

AMDKs drink beer and congregate in board daylight? Just a slap on the wrists is a probable outcome. I hope the authorities will grow some balls and prove me wrong! 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 9

11 hours ago, BanCoe said:

They like chillin’ 🍺 ........ built them a dorm 

already built bro....

Those atas service apartments and condos along Robertson quay for who? 

• Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Got name of this lady?

Turbocharged
(edited)

Despite re-opening even though they have not really solved the problem to the extent that we do here - it seems that the virus is slowly fading away in italy. They have re-opened for a while now and the numbers did not shoot back up as expected.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/covid-19-coronavirus-losing-potency-italian-doctor-12789480

So there's a chance that 2nd wave fears are unfounded. The covid will still be around, and infectious, giving flu-like symptoms, but if it loses lethality - is it still meaningful to have all these lockdown and distancing? Perhaps in the end the vaccine, by the time it is out, will be just optional like flu vaccine.

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2