COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 1: 407 New Cases, 9 Infections in Community (14 June)

RadX

Message added by BabyBlade

3 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

U go call them ah neh lo

I see u

i call u poondeh 

• Haha! 1

I feel most here anticipated the boomz 

So let’s see how this pans out

Turbocharged

15 community cases but large majority are already quarantined earlier and are close contacts of earlier cases. More worrying is the fact that all are asymptomatic 😓 meaning, they appear perfectly healthy?!

It will take a longer time before all the close contacts of the close contacts of the close contacts of the confirmed cases, have either cleared the incubation period, or added to the case numbers. Until then, we'll be seeing this kind of numbers daily.

Wonder how they are going to justify allowing work pass holders to resume work - and most of them, the nature of their work requires physical presence, cannot WFH. This is the big question mark. SG / PR cases are steady < 5 , but we cannot move forward as long as all these WP cases continue to pop up. The only way out is massive testing like done in wuhan - but we don't have that capability yet.

There's also scant information about these community cases. Could also be old infections, no longer infectious in themselves, but still showing up when tested? Or recent infections? Or ? Lack of info causing people to worry unnecessarily sometimes.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, CremornePt said:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/government-leaders-must-be-agile-and-flexible-when-making-decisions-during-covid-19-pandemic

Looks like we're back on with the 6.9m population increase. Permanent CB is identified as a possible solution? 

I think what is happening is you ask me for a solution, I give you one that works in theory.  I have met my KPI. If the solution doesnt work in practice, not my taiji cos it's another dept/ person kpi.  Unless he can come up with another solution that works in theory  and practice or he comes up with a solution that works in theory and let's another dept/person settle it.

Turbocharged
(edited)
8 minutes ago, RadX said:

I feel most here anticipated the boomz 

So let’s see how this pans out

The more testing done, the more boomz... [laugh] Need one big massive test of everyone, like done in wuhan, before problem can be solved, unfortunately.

But the problem remains, new cases, or old cases no longer infectious, all show up as positive and counted as case numbers. How to distinguish?

Another solution could be like some european countries, allow big boomz, several weeks of suffering and astronomical figures, then now, quickly dampen down. But few can stomach this way.

Actually this has always been the bugbear of "flattening the curve" approach - the flatter it is, the longer it will drag on. So we have to accept this as normal, seeing these numbers daily.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

The more testing done, the more boomz... [laugh] Need one big massive test of everyone, like done in wuhan, before problem can be solved, unfortunately.

They need 2 to 3 months to cover 300k FW. If we extrapolate to the whole population, they will need around 4 years. 

In theory, testing 100% is great but will only be useful if done in a very short time. 4 years is not quick enough as the virus would have spreaded to the moon by then

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

They need 2 to 3 months to cover 300k FW. If we extrapolate to the whole population, they will need around 4 years. 

In theory, testing 100% is great but will only be useful if done in a very short time. 4 years is not quick enough as the virus would have spreaded to the moon by then

Anyone know why are we still having 500 daily infections within the dorm after more than a month of getting them into seperate spacious accomodations plus all adequate measures like wearing mask, social distancing, hand sanitiser, etc?? Surely these later infections happened in the past week. Or the virus stay in the body for 1-2 months with no symptoms at all??

11 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

Anyone know why are we still having 500 daily infections within the dorm

It's probable a lot of these are old infections being flagged by the testing. Note how the overall hospitalization ward and ICU numbers keep going down.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
50 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Bye bye phase 2. We were so near yet so far. I can almost smell u 2 days ago.

I have a hunch maybe not...Phase 2 will still cum...cos they need to steamroll their way to erections...[laugh]

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

I have a hunch maybe not...Phase 2 will still cum...cos they need to steamroll their way to erections...[laugh]

maybe after election , change  UCB --- (U-turn circuit breaker)

• Haha! 2

23 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

Anyone know why are we still having 500 daily infections within the dorm after more than a month of getting them into seperate spacious accomodations plus all adequate measures like wearing mask, social distancing, hand sanitiser, etc?? Surely these later infections happened in the past week. Or the virus stay in the body for 1-2 months with no symptoms at all??

they prefer 3 fig, if they put 4-5 fig daily then all panic...

↡ Advertisement