COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 1: 407 New Cases, 9 Infections in Community (14 June)

RadX

Message added by BabyBlade

Turbocharged
21 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

It depends.. If big boss see that WFH can have significant savings.. Then big boss would like to push work from home to cut cost.. One of the cost that can be cut is office space.. 

Yeah, rental cost is not a joke.

It cost $3000 monthly for each cubicle for my office.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

Twincharged
22 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

It depends.. If big boss see that WFH can have significant savings.. Then big boss would like to push work from home to cut cost.. One of the cost that can be cut is office space.. 

Not if they leased the whole building. 

My client only given approval for about 5% of their company staff to work on site! And they leased a whole building cum warehouse.t

The office now almost deserted... But life is still normal for us at the warehouse. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Bosses know that even some employees work in office also could be doing their own stuff or eat snake, so if change the work style to wfh, bosses confirmed would not agreed. Cause bosses would rather employees eating snake in the office than eating snake at home working, bosses want to see them physically in the office. This is what company is paying them to be.

During the CB period, since it is enforced, doesnt matter even wfh cannot work cause no choice ma. Bosses just treat it as giving employees "free" annual leave shaking leg at home lo.

For my side...no shaking leg...so no difference for me...

Just about the only good thing from this WFH is that I have no need to brave the long unpredictable jams on KJE heading towards Tuas direction....no accident already can big jam every morning....imagine in the early peak morning period..all it takes is one accident then hong kan liao...

The other good thing is no need to press/iron the long sleeve shirts and pants..lesser laundry loads [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

If the company is making money and if their office rental all the while is located in prime area, dont think they would want to cut cost on rental cost, as it is already part of the expenses. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Just about the only good thing from this WFH is that I have no need to brave the long unpredictable jams on KJE heading towards Tuas direction....no accident already can big jam every morning....imagine in the early peak morning period..all it takes is one accident then hong kan liao...

The other good thing is no need to press/iron the long sleeve shirts and pants..lesser laundry loads [laugh]

TBH, i can't think of any negatives WFH vs working in office.. the only thing is you can't have is a social meeting, talking face to face and drawing stuff on the board for visualisation 

• Praise 1

(edited)
14 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Indians may have an irrational faith in their Holy Cow, but we Sinkies can match that with our own irrational faith in our Ho, Lee, Khaw. 😁

This one is serious good! :XD:

maybe diablo is written by Indians :XD:

Edited by Mustank
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

The main good thing about wfh is on the travelling part. I always find quite headache to travel during the peak hours to office, whether it is on public transport or driving. The time taken, the distance and the jams. Everyday must eat panadol. Lol.

Ironing of office wear i find ok, i dont mind on this la.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Only if their tenancy agreement is ending soon,

But most offices have long leases in order to amortise out the renovation cost so not easy to cut space immediately.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
52 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Should be OK... At least in some constituency.

Screenshot_20200520_121823.jpg

Can show this photo to whoever law enforcer person if caught wearing only face shield without any mask and they said it is illegal not to wear a mask. [thumbsup]

If it is ok, then people can have alternative choice besides wearing masks liao.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

exit? simi exit?

Its just another 4 weeks of CB extension, with some restrictions lifted. 

Throw smoke also cannot see..

The actual exit is in phase 2 lah...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Cause they know many people already get very frustrated staying at home, so they are ''extending'' the CB in another nicer way? Lol.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
59 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

This sounds exactly like flying for work.

That's why I hate flying for work, work no day no night :nosepick:

Don't understand why some people enjoy flying for work.

So called free travel for them ma. Some people even though they are flying for work and yet they might have a bit of time for R&R, so still ok.

Turbocharged
(edited)
13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The main good thing about wfh is on the travelling part. I always find quite headache to travel during the peak hours to office, whether it is on public transport or driving. The time taken, the distance and the jams. Everyday must eat panadol. Lol.

Ironing of office wear i find ok, i dont mind on this la.

If I am still a corporate employee, I think the best thing about WFH for me is I don't need to do business travel overseas.

I left my previous job simply because I need to fly often due to nature of my work. I know a lot of people would love this kind of job, but I have no affinity in collecting Kris flyer points or spending my time having good food at airport lounges.  Better I give the opportunity to someone else.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Sosaria said:

I wish the bosses at my company think likewise! But it seems like work plans still carry on as per usual despite the handicap of WFH. Every department have to prove its usefulness so nobody is scaling down anything or excusing anything. More so this time when everyone is afraid of appearing redundant, and those HR/training/admin depts have the most of such people. LL still push out a lot of the usual programmes for staff.

Got to agree on the HR and Admin side. Sibeh siao on from the start of CB. 

It's either they been so hardworking all along that I don't realise it or they only just woke up from their deep slumber during CB 😂

• Praise 1

Supercharged
33 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

TBH, i can't think of any negatives WFH vs working in office.. the only thing is you can't have is a social meeting, talking face to face and drawing stuff on the board for visualisation 

agree

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

This sounds exactly like flying for work.

That's why I hate flying for work, work no day no night :nosepick:

Don't understand why some people enjoy flying for work.

Depends on the country, if the foreign country got chionging scene, and you are in the heart of the city, then will be nice if can schedule some time-off [laugh]

But if it's anything like those places I go in my former job, i.e. isolated industrial zones, backwater locations, mai lah. Nothing else to do I'd rather work!

↡ Advertisement