COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 1: 407 New Cases, 9 Infections in Community (14 June)

RadX

Message added by BabyBlade

CB easing measures in 3 phases

details out

Added by BB

Circuit breaker to end June 1 with three-phase resumption of activities | Schools to reopen on June 2 | Visits allowed to parents, grandparents

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Twincharged
12 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Not quite. You can start as pawn with a diploma too. What i am saying is that people THINK a degree automatically confers career progression.

It does not. You may not even secure the job interview although you have a degree.

actually that was my point.... if degree is pawn... and pawned.... the dips and ites etc all die... at least in some countries, tradesmen can still make a decent living.

Singapore plans three-stage reopening of economy from June 2

hzwrap1.jpg

Full article: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapores-covid-19-circuit-breaker-ends-on-june-1-economy-to-reopen-in-three-phases

• Praise 5

Just now, Playtime said:

actually that was my point.... if degree is pawn... and pawned.... the dips and ites etc all die... at least in some countries, tradesmen can still make a decent living.

Like germany

they have master craftsmen of their trade

tgat was how we started long ago with the Germans and French instilling their methodology here , the GSI and FSI

• Praise 1

Phase 1 will last at least 4 weeks. Hopefully nothing major happens in these 4 weeks and more businesses can reopen, including my favourite kinokuniya and hourglass/cortina. 

• Praise 2

On 5/6/2020 at 5:42 PM, noobcarbuyer said:

Not 10 days. At least 2 incubation periods (i.e 28 days). 

Open up govt offices and essential services workplaces first. Set up and trial social distancing measures within workplaces (i.e clear plastic dividers between cubicles / desks for back end staff, plastic separators for front end (customer facing) staff to provide some barrier between them and customers, staggered meal times, fresh air ventilation instead of re-circulated air).

Wait another 2 incubation periods. 

Then gradually open up each segment of the economy (in order of importance) with 2 incubation periods separating each time you open up certain segments. 

With the finally stage obviously being large scale religious, sports, entertainment, social events and gatherings. 

After which we need to see how to open up trade and travel links between countries that have managed to successfully transition to zero-covid status. 

I know NZ and Aus are on track to zero-covid status by end of July. 

Anyway, there's no evidence as of today that acquired immunity against COVID-19 is sufficient against future infections. So herd immunity is not a given.

And the Vaccine timeline is uncertain, if it is actually coming at all. 

Right on the button. 👍

Expect to see more plastic dividers between work cubicles and lowered air-con settings with more open windows for those heading back to work. Also a lot more masks, face shields and plastic barriers for front-end workers. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/transition-to-a-new-normal-after-circuit-breaker-phase-1-2-3-12749518

"If community transmission rates can remain low and the situation remains under control over the next few weeks, we can then move into Phase 2 of safe transition, with the gradual resumption of more activities," said Mr Gan at a virtual press conference.

This may take at least four weeks, said Mr Gan.

He added: "We will need to, by and large, observe two periods of incubation - each period of incubation is 14 days. So minimally we will have to look at 28 days before we think about additional relaxation."

(edited)

phase 3 will return to full speed only until vaccine is found!

concert organiser and disco/pub and KTV can hong kan liao!

5AB6151D-566F-47C2-B1C3-8923432DD08D.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

phase 3 will return to full speed only until vaccine is found!

concert organiser and disco/pub and KTV can hong kan liao!

5AB6151D-566F-47C2-B1C3-8923432DD08D.png

This means phase 2 will be from July 2020 all the way to April-Dec 2021!

2 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

This means phase 2 will be from July 2020 all the way to April-Dec 2021!

U read wrong la. Phase 3 until a vaccine is found. 

• Praise 2

I'm surprised FnB dine-in, gyms and fitness studio can reopen so early in phase 2. I thought they are the last.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Phase 1 = June

Phase 2 = July

Phase 3 = i assume Jul or Aug will reopen with “new normals” with many controls and limitations

the good old days of spore indoor stadium 50,000 spectators ... no vaccine no talk???

but amdk soccer season going to open soon ... spectators no 100k no talk! [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Quite vaguely stated, between a few months and entering a new normal. Vaccine is earliest in Apr 2021. I just take Apr 2021 as p3.

Edited by Weez911

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I'm surprised FnB dine-in, gyms and fitness studio can reopen so early in phase 2. I thought they are the last.

phase 3 is super non essential which are social gatherings and entertainments

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1