COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 1: 407 New Cases, 9 Infections in Community (14 June)

RadX

Message added by BabyBlade

Supersonic
(edited)

for many people, trying to make a living,  phase 1 is just an extension of CB, not an exit.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

3 hours ago, Icedbs said:

I still don't understand the craze about BBT.

Does anyone here still remember that HardwareZone actually did venture into BBT  at the basement of Sim Lim Square in the early 2000s?  Some of their drinks were name after their Mods. and Admins. Didn't last for more than one and a half years as the craze wane away despite having a large young audience  in  EDMW.

20 years forward, seems like  BBT has became a staple food.  How strange.

Rast time BBT taste like shit..

Now quality so much diff ...

I can say rather addictive..

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Yewheng said:

I am waiting to buy new jeans, new pair of shoes, new ankle socks.. Deliver food walk until the shoe sole is almost gone.. Look like have to endure for at least 1 more month.. 

Go to Levi.com. Almost every wk got sales.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Actually, before CNY I was opining they should close down the borders to all of China. The best way to solve a pandemic is not to allow it in in the first place. 

But China would predictably have acted all butthurt about that as they usually do. I guess they can't accuse us of racism as they did the Western countries that did this, but they'll certainly try to get their public sentiment riled up via their wumao army and commie press apparatus, accusing Chinese Sinkies of having forgotten their roots etc. I believe this sort of crap happens quite frequently, I've certainly read of reports they think this is their province. 

Anyway, the other, more major flaw with that is that we would also have needed to recommend to other countries to take similar lockdown actions against the Chinese, otherwise we'll just be letting in cases another way. So I guess we would've been doomed either way as long as people largely remained afraid of pissing off the Pooh bear. 

But quarantining travellers (with strict electronic monitoring) was the first thing we could (and should) have done, even before testing became widespread. That would really have blunted the curve. Remember, with exponential growth, early interventions matter most.

No test no case.
With single digit in community, is it truly no community spread?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Unless its rent free and govt help to subsidise the salaries, I think most if not all will call it quits liao.  Who can survive for so long with zero revenue plus overheads?

I did read somewhere.  Its goes something like this.

"Strike 2020 from your life.  Whatever you want to do with your life, you are not going to do it in 2020."

I only saw this.

6C8C0CD6-7145-4105-B14A-19EE8A03A23C.jpeg

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Im probably the only one to rue another 6 weeks without gym-ing (inclusive of the present 2 weeks plus minus counting from now till 2 June).  Believe me this, just doing push-ups and crunches are not doing my physique any good...need more....iron...shucks

I am certainly not those ironman competition type but I do require a certain build to feel good in my clothes...not joking...haiz...pls re-open asap...   

Those who paid for the gym membership can get refund for 6 months unused? Lol. Those people who gym regularly, dont know if they loses all muscle mass after so long no gym? 

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

for many people, trying to make a living,  phase 1 is just an extension of CB, not an exit.

Agreed, this is what i thought also. I rather they just extend the CB and make everyone compulsory staying at home and wfh. Rather half past six of measures being implemented.

Twincharged
6 minutes ago, Chongster said:

I think the 1/2 fark split the baby school-opening really pleases no one .  

Those with young kids dunno how tio balance this split school thingy with work 😔

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Agreed, this is what i thought also. I rather they just extend the CB and make everyone compulsory staying at home and wfh. Rather half past six of measures being implemented.

Oh but im quite sure my company will definitely try to weasel its way into the list of approved business to go back to work...believe me this...-_-

Twincharged
4 hours ago, Icedbs said:

I still don't understand the craze about BBT.

Does anyone here still remember that HardwareZone actually did venture into BBT  at the basement of Sim Lim Square in the early 2000s?  Some of their drinks were name after their Mods. and Admins. Didn't last for more than one and a half years as the craze wane away despite having a large young audience  in  EDMW.

20 years forward, seems like  BBT has became a staple food.  How strange.

I simply can't make myself pay so much for sugar water... teh peng less  than $2 kopi tiam .. I'd rather take ice blend at coffe bean

Turbocharged
(edited)
6 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Im probably the only one to rue another 6 weeks without gym-ing (inclusive of the present 2 weeks plus minus counting from now till 2 June).  Believe me this, just doing push-ups and crunches are not doing my physique any good...need more....iron...shucks

I am certainly not those ironman competition type but I do require a certain build to feel good in my clothes...not joking...haiz...pls re-open asap...   

I was also gym-goer and know what you mean. No squats and deadlifts, muscles chwee liao.

But do the usual bodyweight stuff at home still can maintain or slow down deterioration lah. Good thing is all those aches from previous trainings, faded away becos body have time to heal by going slower. Not enough resistance, then just go for more reps. Focus on other things like flexibility / stretching and cardio - cut fat, muscles also stand out more.

I am thinking as long as outdoors recreation places like fitness corners can open up, is an improvement, becos then able to do calisthenics outdoors, more beneficial. Phase 1 will see playgrounds and fitness corners opening?

Edited by Sosaria

Turbocharged
(edited)
3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Unless its rent free and govt help to subsidise the salaries, I think most if not all will call it quits liao.  Who can survive for so long with zero revenue plus overheads?

I did read somewhere.  Its goes something like this.

"Strike 2020 from your life.  Whatever you want to do with your life, you are not going to do it in 2020."

I wish the bosses at my company think likewise! But it seems like work plans still carry on as per usual despite the handicap of WFH. Every department have to prove its usefulness so nobody is scaling down anything or excusing anything. More so this time when everyone is afraid of appearing redundant, and those HR/training/admin depts have the most of such people. LL still push out a lot of the usual programmes for staff.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Sosaria said:

I was also gym-goer and know what you mean. No squats and deadlifts, muscles chwee liao.

But do the usual bodyweight stuff at home still can maintain or slow down deterioration lah. Good thing is all those aches from previous trainings, faded away becos body have time to heal by going slower. Not enough resistance, then just go for more reps. Focus on other things like flexibility / stretching and cardio - cut fat, muscles also can stand out.

I am thinking as long as outdoors recreation places like fitness corners can open up, is an improvement, becos then can do calisthenics outdoors, more beneficial. Phase 1 will see playgrounds and fitness corners opening?

Excellent points my friend...however I dun think fitness corners will be reopened anytime soon even in Phase 1.

Actually gym-ming is pretty much an individualistic sport...at least for me.  No interactions other than a few hi-byes with a few old birds old timers at the gym...otherwise is a pretty much self isolated activity. The danger points will be when you need to contact bars, weights or benches etc previously touched by a virus carrier and then you rub off the sweat on your face with those contaminated fingers....I see no good solution for this unless the cleaners do super onz wipe-downs.....otherwise I guess this activity will be the last few to re-open [:(]

Turbocharged
45 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Those who paid for the gym membership can get refund for 6 months unused? Lol. Those people who gym regularly, dont know if they loses all muscle mass after so long no gym? 

Gym operators should be definitely doing better than most other businesses cos they have the advantage of pre-paid membership fees. Don't open lagi better for them as no need to pay for elect/water bills or staff costs during this CB period but money already in pockets. And just watch membership fees depreciate away for the members. Come reopen in Phase 3, many folks like me maybe need to top up or re-sign new memberships liao. Huat arh!

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I wish the bosses at my company think likewise! But it seems like work plans still carry on as per usual despite the handicap of WFH. Every department have to prove its usefulness so nobody is scaling down anything or excusing anything. More so this time when everyone is afraid of appearing redundant, and those HR/training/admin depts have the most of such people. LL still push out a lot of the usual programmes for staff.

It means that boss of bosses is not slowing down knowing that fear factor works for him/her.

Supersonic
42 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Oh but im quite sure my company will definitely try to weasel its way into the list of approved business to go back to work...believe me this...-_-

So if a company got approved for their employees to go office work, means company no need to arrange wfh even though some of their employees can wfh?

Turbocharged
15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So if a company got approved for their employees to go office work, means company no need to arrange wfh even though some of their employees can wfh?

I guess so...…...…yes

if you are the boss...wouldn't you round up your employees back to work in office?

↡ Advertisement