COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 1: 407 New Cases, 9 Infections in Community (14 June)

RadX

Message added by BabyBlade

Supersonic
38 minutes ago, RadX said:

this is the real CB liao

Once it is burnt, it becomes CCB!

↡ Advertisement

8 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Im probably the only one to rue another 6 weeks without gym-ing

Actually, I would think the majority rues with you! 😀

Locking people indoors for 3 months isn't healthy & will have some effects.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Long, long time ago, they were touting wfh, with internet, vpn, etc..etc.

But it did not succeed. Bosses still wants to see employees in office or work sites, bcuz they don't trust them to wfh.

Now, it's enforced so it seems to work. But after the restriction is lifted, they will go back to "normal"

Bosses know that even some employees work in office also could be doing their own stuff or eat snake, so if change the work style to wfh, bosses confirmed would not agreed. Cause bosses would rather employees eating snake in the office than eating snake at home working, bosses want to see them physically in the office. This is what company is paying them to be.

During the CB period, since it is enforced, doesnt matter even wfh cannot work cause no choice ma. Bosses just treat it as giving employees "free" annual leave shaking leg at home lo.

• Praise 1

Just now, 13177 said:

Bosses know that even some employees work in office also could be doing their own stuff or eat snake, so if change the work style to wfh, bosses confirmed would not agreed. Cause bosses would rather employees eating snake in the office than eating snake at home working, bosses want to see them physically in the office. This is what company is paying them to be.

During the CB period, since it is enforced, doesnt matter even wfh cannot work cause no choice ma. Bosses just treat it as giving employees "free" annual leave shaking leg at home lo.

I WFH seem like go more work to do. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

Actually, I would think the majority rues with you! 😀

Locking people indoors for 3 months isn't healthy & will have some effects.

Staying home for too long without any exercise indeed no good. But you can also see even you are lock at home can still maintain healthy body and continue to exercise at home de, there are so many exercise video online?

Hypersonic
32 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Why 4-D & TOTO cannot open from 1st June ....  :a-m1524:

Horse Racing don't open, never mind ... :we-all-gonna-die:

Cannot have some hope again..

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Got more work to do? Maybe besides company work also have others work like housework, cooking work etc? So ended up wfh more works to do? Lol.

Turbocharged
(edited)
8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Got more work to do? Maybe besides company work also have others work like housework, cooking work etc? So ended up wfh more works to do? Lol.

I also feel WFH is more jialat there is no separation between work and home, and mentally feel more stressed. Msg come in from people who are able and continue to do work (those no hobby and no small kids type - either childless couples, or singles or old bosses) into the evening, even you don't entertain, the contents of the msg still stress me up thinking of the work involved. I try not to read anymore messages or e-mails after knock-off time because sometimes even disturb my sleep, brain still thinking of problems, but then it's my personal phone number, so can't shut it off.

Physically also stressed and bad for health. In the office, have comfortable chair and large screen, set at correct height. Now at home, only have makeshift setup with laptop. Initially thought will be okay for a month, but now look like will be the norm for a while.

So it seems like those can WFH clamour to go back to office, too!

Edited by Sosaria

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

But you can also see even you are lock at home can still maintain healthy body and continue to exercise at home de, there are so many exercise video online?

I'm actually thinking about sunlight (taking vitamin D is not a substitute) - being outdoors generally improves your health.

In particular your recovery rate - open air treatment were a factor in treating the spanish flu.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4504358/

And COVID-19...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S004896972032533

14 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Possibly cos last time when you were in office, time to go home, you go home.  And leave your work in the office. Or you work overtime.  And leave your work in the office.

But now your home is your office so you cannot leave you work in the office.

And in one company where I worked, the  colleagues must see you to ask for help. But now since everything is by email, its free for all.

Hypersonic

exit? simi exit?

Its just another 4 weeks of CB extension, with some restrictions lifted. 

Throw smoke also cannot see..

The actual exit is in phase 2 lah...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Twincharged
55 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Long, long time ago, they were touting wfh, with internet, vpn, etc..etc.

But it did not succeed. Bosses still wants to see employees in office or work sites, bcuz they don't trust them to wfh.

Now, it's enforced so it seems to work. But after the restriction is lifted, they will go back to "normal"

It depends.. If big boss see that WFH can have significant savings.. Then big boss would like to push work from home to cut cost.. One of the cost that can be cut is office space.. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

I thinking if a person cannot wear a mask, or find wearing a mask too stuffy, can wearing only a full face shield acceptable? Cause i just saw one hawker wearing a face shield without wearing any mask beneath.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
41 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I also feel WFH is more jialat there is no separation between work and home, and mentally feel more stressed. Msg come in from people who are able and continue to do work (those no hobby and no small kids type - either childless couples, or singles or old bosses) into the evening, even you don't entertain, the contents of the msg still stress me up thinking of the work involved. I try not to read anymore messages or e-mails after knock-off time because sometimes even disturb my sleep, brain still thinking of problems, but then it's my personal phone number, so can't shut it off.

This sounds exactly like flying for work.

That's why I hate flying for work, work no day no night :nosepick:

Don't understand why some people enjoy flying for work.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I thinking if a person cannot wear a mask, or find wearing a mask too stuffy, can wearing only a full face shield acceptable? Cause i just saw one hawker wearing a face shield without wearing any mask beneath.

Should be OK... At least in some constituency.

Screenshot_20200520_121823.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1