COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 1: 407 New Cases, 9 Infections in Community (14 June)

RadX

Message added by BabyBlade

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Playtime said:

I simply can't make myself pay so much for sugar water... teh peng less  than $2 kopi tiam .. I'd rather take ice blend at coffe bean

I don't drink BBT either......for the same price or even more, I will pay for a cup of premium coffee anytime.  

However,  I am just intrigue what happen in that 20 years that could make BBT into a staple food for our teens today?

Could it be that the youngsters of the early 2000s who craze for BBT have turn into parents themselves now and had encourage their kids, at much younger age (say from age 5 onwards) to consume BBT?  So when these kids turn into teens today,  BBT is already part of their main diet?

↡ Advertisement

Information still very vague.

It's still challenging cos ppl still a lot and moving around. To prevent overcrowding kinda difficult in sgp. Let's hope no more local community infection. Hope nia.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Kyrios said:

Excellent points my friend...however I dun think fitness corners will be reopened anytime soon even in Phase 1.

Actually gym-ming is pretty much an individualistic sport...at least for me.  No interactions other than a few hi-byes with a few old birds old timers at the gym...otherwise is a pretty much self isolated activity. The danger points will be when you need to contact bars, weights or benches etc previously touched by a virus carrier and then you rub off the sweat on your face with those contaminated fingers....I see no good solution for this unless the cleaners do super onz wipe-downs.....otherwise I guess this activity will be the last few to re-open [:(]

It's the enclosed space with aircon like in most gyms, that poses the danger of infection spreading too.

If can have outdoors gym like muscle beach venice [laugh] will be excellent - proper airflow and ventilation, and sunlight/heat kill virus.

• Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

I don't drink BBT either......for the same price or even more, I will pay for a cup of premium coffee anytime.  

However,  I am just intrigue what happen in that 20 years that could make BBT into a staple food for our teens today?

Could it be that the youngsters of the early 2000s who craze for BBT have turn into parents themselves now and had encourage their kids, at much younger age (say from age 5 onwards) to consume BBT?  So when these kids turn into teens today,  BBT is already part of their main diet?

It might be the advent of social media coupled with the nicer aesthetic of bbt compared to back in early 2000s.. most teens and youngsters these days also have more disposable 'income'.

I don't think anyone who is a parent would actually encourage their kids to consume known unhealthy foods such as bbt, regardless of what they used to enjoy as youngsters.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
30 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

I guess so...…...…yes

if you are the boss...wouldn't you round up your employees back to work in office?

I believe almost all bosses would want their employees to go back to work in office, even it is possible for them to wfh. I find some dept can wfh all the while even before this covid happened, but no bosses would want this to happen.

Twincharged
10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I believe almost all bosses would want their employees to go back to work in office, even it is possible for them to wfh. I find some dept can wfh all the while even before this covid happened, but no bosses would want this to happen.

Most Asian bosses will feel like as if they have experienced a loss of power and awe over their employees if the employees worked at home. They feel so much power when they walk past their employees and they all sedia !

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Kyrios said:

Oh but im quite sure my company will definitely try to weasel its way into the list of approved business to go back to work...believe me this...-_-

My company has been on the approved list since the very beginning but...... the biggest take away from all incoming emails is "those that have been working-from-home should continue to do so."

I've still been WfH despite being allowed into the office full time but have been okay at a couple of hours, one day per week.

Complaints can be made towards companies that force employees back if their work can continue to be done from home.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
21 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Long, long time ago, they were touting wfh, with internet, vpn, etc..etc.

But it did not succeed. Bosses still wants to see employees in office or work sites, bcuz they don't trust them to wfh.

Now, it's enforced so it seems to work. But after the restriction is lifted, they will go back to "normal"

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

no more NDP/F1

Confirmed? Until now they never mentioned anything on the NDP & F1?

Twincharged
13 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Why 4-D & TOTO cannot open from 1st June ....  :a-m1524:

Horse Racing don't open, never mind ... :we-all-gonna-die:

My only form of leisure and entertainment !

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1