The new norm for Taxis?

Hypersonic

Teksi Dreber wont feel claustrophobic in small confined area  after a while ??

Guess they have to "get used" to this occupational shield   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

This transparent shield serves no purpose for the simple reason that the Covid19 virus don't move in one direction and the air in the taxi is recirculated. 

Recent new cases shown that community spreading has been low, and most of them have legit contact tracing, meaning spreading through taxi or public transport have been low if not zero, so the risk of getting inflected  when taking taix is low. Nut having an additional layer of protection is better than none. 

3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Recent new cases shown that community spreading has been low, and most of them have legit contact tracing, meaning spreading through taxi or public transport have been low if not zero, so the risk of getting inflected  when taking taix is low. Nut having an additional layer of protection is better than none. 

So far no heard that new cases come from public transport? Even you see many people outside now, the community cases also low. Dont know if it is due to masks which help a lot in reducing spreading?

24 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So far no heard that new cases come from public transport? Even you see many people outside now, the community cases also low. Dont know if it is due to masks which help a lot in reducing spreading?

The track records in US, HK, Melbourne.... etc say a second wave is almost inevitable once we let our guard down. Hope all remain vigilant. 

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, 13177 said:

I actually disagree. 

For example, you had an infection.  No one knows where you got it from so why rule out public transport?

Also, we know infected people were at coffee shop, NTUC and so on but we need to ask how did they get there?  Public transport or private transport or just walking?  

Is it unreported or maybe people just dont scan in and scan out when entering and exiting public transport?

Unreported = maybe the infected person took a crowded MRT but cos its deemed as transient contact, nothing is reported on that.  

I am cautiously optimistic on the low community cases.  I hope it's not because everything is focussed on the FW dorms and hence no widespread community testing is done.  I know there has been some but I was thinking of widespread like anyone who wants to be tested just make an appointment, and of make payment, can get it done.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 6

8 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

The track records in US, HK, Melbourne.... etc say a second wave is almost inevitable once we let our guard down. Hope all remain vigilant. 

Two thoughts on this.

Regarding second wave once letting the guard down, I agree.  Just, as i joke with my friend, dont put USA in the same sentence.  They are erm........... shall not say further.

And also the second wave when borders are still closed actually mean that there is a reservoir of people who are asymptomatic so once precautions end, they spread.  So a vaccine is neccessary cos we can't keep a lockdown even if there are no cases cos you never know there might be only asymptomatic spread that appears once lockdown ends.

Social distancing is a good compromise but it also has its limitations.

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, Corvid19 said:

Anyone driving taxi and PHV,, how is business in month of July 2020?

I drive grab and on average 12 hours drive on weekday can take back about 250 to 320 before deduct 20% commission. This 12 hours is non stop drive with only toilet break and lunch break. On weekend slightly better around 280 to 350 before 20% commission. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

I actually disagree. 

For example, you had an infection.  No one knows where you got it from so why rule out public transport?

Also, we know infected people were at coffee shop, NTUC and so on but we need to ask how did they get there?  Public transport or private transport or just walking?  

Is it unreported or maybe people just dont scan in and scan out when entering and exiting public transport?

Unreported = maybe the infected person took a crowded MRT but cos its deemed as transient contact, nothing is reported on that.  

I am cautiously optimistic on the low community cases.  I hope it's not because everything is focussed on the FW dorms and hence no widespread community testing is done.  I know there has been some but I was thinking of widespread like anyone who wants to be tested just make an appointment, and of make payment, can get it done.

True also, if a person got infection, anywhere the person go also would have chance and risk to spread. But har from Jan until now, really no heard that cases come from public transport? Except recently the bt panjang bus hub cluster, but also the cases come from drivers and not passengers? [:p] 

I always believe going for swab test must be done constantly and not just for that one time. Example if i go for swab test today, then result come back negative. However if i still go to public places, there might still be risk of getting infection few days or few weeks down the road without knowing lo. Lol.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

True also, if a person got infection, anywhere the person go also would have chance and risk to spread. But har from Jan until now, really no heard that cases come from public transport? Except recently the bt panjang bus hub cluster, but also the cases come from drivers and not passengers? [:p] 

Because a passenger would be reported as he went to NTUC or coffee shop and not written infected patient went to ntuc and coffee shop and took bus ABC there.

Don't forget.  It's always reported as infected and not the source of the infection.  In fact, how do we know the bus hub cluster was not spread from a passenger? 

Even the source might be ?? Cos let's say I got infected and I worked with an infected patient.  It doesn't mean I got the infection from the infected person and not from a random passerby. But that is another story altogether.  SARS is different cos one must by symptomatic to spread.  This is totally different.  So you have to assume everyone is potentially infectious even if asymptomatic.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

My heart is with all you drivers and I am still taking a cab on the occasional time I go in to the office; statistically, it's likely safer than riding a bus.

.io games online | Friv 2

Edited by GamesBx668
↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 2