Showrooms not opening in Phase 1. What about COE?

Lotr

37 minutes ago, Lotr said:

2200 more coe per month from July to Sep, 1320 more from Oct to next June. Create a soft landing

Does that mean July to Sep is the best window to hoot?

11 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

If hoot, most look at property Liao .. interest rate now going to be Low for the longest time ... 

relooking at migrants worker living condition means will be more expensive workers..

so prices may be going up soon.. 

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Didn’t you just say 24june? Now it’s 6-8july. 
please don’t anyhow post. 

Deepest apologies.

What I understand from my sources is the initial revision to bring forward the bidding dates to 22-24 June, but there was a further revision to stick to the original dates on 6-8 July that I posted. See my original post below.

image.thumb.png.2e17ccd0da48d14dd3e2e79706af5aad.png

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

By right, it should be  a resounding YES, but there's obvious measures in place to defy and manipulate the market conditions to prevent a crash, which may result in a loss in potential revenue.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/coe-bidding-exercises-to-resume-from-july-6

But I don't understand this contradicting statement from the above news.

If COE exercises had been conducted  during the circuit breaker, it would mean car sales would have carried on.

It's an open secret that there's been aggressive online car sales during the 2 months of circuit breaker, and sales had been overwhelming despite the COE bidding being suspended. 

Edited by Vinceng

Human nature. 

People kancheong there will be a spike. 

Then when the spike is over demand will die down. 

:D

First comes the greed then comes the fear. 

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

i am eager to see how the market will react to this. with grab laying off workers and so many idling taxi around, i wish to know where the demand is. 

With a population of 5.6mil,  grab lay off 360 workers and taxi population around 18k. that is only 0.3 percent. I wonder how it will affect the demand 🤣

(edited)
39 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Deepest apologies.

What I understand from my sources is the initial revision to bring forward the bidding dates to 22-24 June, but there was a further revision to stick to the original dates on 6-8 July that I posted. See my original post below.

image.thumb.png.2e17ccd0da48d14dd3e2e79706af5aad.png

Conspiracy theory. There is a mole in LTA so now wrong information is being fed around to see which date appears on the social media so they can more or less guess who or which dept has the mole.

26 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

By right, it should be  a resounding YES, but there's obvious measures in place to defy and manipulate the market conditions to prevent a crash, which may result in a loss in potential revenue.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/coe-bidding-exercises-to-resume-from-july-6

But I don't understand this contradicting statement from the above news.

If COE exercises had been conducted  during the circuit breaker, it would mean car sales would have carried on.

It's an open secret that there's been aggressive online car sales during the 2 months of circuit breaker, and sales had been overwhelming despite the COE bidding being suspended. 

Actually I don't know.  Maybe there was aggressive sales but actual sales were low.. It is stated as overwhelming just to make people kan cheong and rush to buy.  Have any AD ever said on media that the SE were catching flies in the showrooms and that sales were very poor?

Also, what is the point of bidding for COE when you can't register the car and install freebies(workshops closed) and drivers cannot collect the cars?  Maybe you say just get the COE, everything do after CB ends but I am not sure how many ADs and car buyers are willing to go along with that.  ESPECIALLY when CB started, no one could guarantee when it would end.

Edited by Philipkee

18 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

With a population of 5.6mil,  grab lay off 360 workers and taxi population around 18k. that is only 0.3 percent. I wonder how it will affect the demand 🤣

The grab workers retrenched will all start driving PHVs? 

• Haha! 1

Aiyah no point taking a risk with your job just to tell us the news 1 or 2 days earlier lah. 

Let the news come out naturally. 

• Haha! 2

51 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

If hoot, most look at property Liao .. interest rate now going to be Low for the longest time ... 

relooking at migrants worker living condition means will be more expensive workers..

so prices may be going up soon.. 

Well, the reverse may happen also. Low interest rate means economy no good, also means more job loss, also means lesser foreign expat and lower rent. When rent starts falling, yield and prices will follow. So depend on how you look at it lah. If you find property is the right thing even if need to pay ABSD, then go hoot. 

Neutral Newbie

so... dealers all get close to 3 weeks to sell cars from friday until next bidding, compared to the usual 2 weeks, combined with the online sales from the previous 3 months, but each Cat only receives 300 additional COEs for the first bid in july?????

8 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Aiyah no point taking a risk with your job just to tell us the news 1 or 2 days earlier lah. 

Let the news come out naturally. 

Cannot la.  Like I thought @pChou was a man.  Let the news come out naturally.  Then only to find out from an outing she's a woman.....  

So some information cannot delay one :D

• Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Cannot la.  Like I thought @pChou was a man.  Let the news come out naturally.  Then only to find out from an outing she's a woman.....  

So some information cannot delay one :D

So are you happy or disappointed she is a lady? 

You sound very disappointed.

😢

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Her avatar also female lah.

Maybe disappointed to find out she married already I can understand. 

But to find out she is a lady?

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Roh96 said:

KBW said soft landing, to me this means prices gonna come down but who knows when is low point. It is like trying to catch stock market bottom.

Someone mentioned earlier that coe will drift down, he's might just be right.

14 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Her avatar also female lah.

Maybe disappointed to find out she married already I can understand. 

But to find out she is a lady?

Think got some males put a female avatar also... unless, they also female....[jawdrop]

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Roh96 said:

I think Aug to Sep got chance.. July probably too much backlog to clear

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1