Showrooms not opening in Phase 1. What about COE?

Lotr

On 7/1/2020 at 9:50 AM, mikk123 said:

got it. They used to have this Suzuki Solio 1.2L MPV selling there, very good car with plenty of space. Will suzuki be inspired to sell new model again? 

I think you got the Kei-cars (k-cars)grouping wrong. Suzuki Solio is never categorized as K-car in japan, it is small car category. To be call as K-cars aka Kei cars, the engine capactiy cannot exceed 660cc. You can read more at this link   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kei_car

Speak about solio, how many do you see them on our roads? During 2014, will buyers spend $77,000 COE to drive a 1.2 small car while you can get a 1.6 cerato K3 at that time?

Dun really want to burst your bubble, but seriously you should not pin too much hope that Suzuki AD is bringing in their fun cars here. Their golden era of swift sport & other models are over.

↡ Advertisement

10 hours ago, mikk123 said:

Thank you for the advice and burst my bubble. sometimes reality is so cruel that i would like to continue to dream.... Anyways, thanks for the detailed advice. 

Dun despair! I also like suzuki & daihatsu cars too, They are still the best when comes to small & Kei cars. If the COE system in future is not so cruel to these cars, who knows they will come back again.

• Praise 1

Sales must be really bad. A colleague shared his recent weekend visit to a car showroom and was told by a SE that prices will increase soon as COVID-19 has passed with the reopening.  Really optimistic....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, Pixel18 said:

Sales must be really bad. A colleague shared his recent weekend visit to a car showroom and was told by a SE that prices will increase soon as COVID-19 has passed with the reopening.  Really optimistic....

Sure bo?? Or those SE who say that just trying to sell coz want sales and commisson so purposley say so. Without sales it will also affect their income. 

On 6/30/2020 at 1:30 PM, 13177 said:

But if wfh, you dont use your car on weekdays, even use maybe only for short distance to go out for lunch/dinner. 

U have a point. If more will wfh for long term from this covid episode and lifestyle changes I wonder will there be more buying off peak cars instead. 2018 or so news report off peak cars is getting lesser, I feel the trend might come back again. Could Save money on buying car and road tax. 

11 hours ago, Pixel18 said:

Wah! Faster buy then! 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Pixel18 said:

Mai du liao!!!!

Sign 7 year loan now!!!

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

When the lock down was announced people's over reacted by buying toilet paper, condoms, maggi mee and I think even now they have more toilet paper, condoms, maggi mee than they will ever use.

Because of the few months of COE suspension we have people with the same over reaction to buying cars.

:grin:

image.png.553fde2f37a04ba574e0b2c2413c80d3.png

image.png.06d502c32daceaf5b6a7e9eb82831e6f.png

image.thumb.png.71dc8424933f4663c4bbf52a6c8a7a5a.png

image.thumb.png.5e03e9e3775bda85b81393a9305d0de0.png

image.png.6fa19773cd7fd29a7f4ef0ceaefd4c4f.png

image.png.e7592fff068bcd8e8a02e135d7febd80.png

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

image.png.d9f3640c12233354b8f875463cacab02.png

How much can he sheet?

Maybe his store room looks like this.

image.thumb.png.dd200c0616765024179ca2eedb6bf3fa.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
19 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

image.png.d9f3640c12233354b8f875463cacab02.png

How much can he sheet?

Maybe his store room looks like this.

image.thumb.png.dd200c0616765024179ca2eedb6bf3fa.png

Cause in times like this. Everyone says oh shit oh shit. So need a lot of pang sai zhuah to clean up 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1