Showrooms not opening in Phase 1. What about COE?

Lotr

24 minutes ago, Jumpmanz said:

Believe some already doing it now.

See all the online flash sales, price are really tempting....

Really, no wonder demand is strong. Don't believe 158th's report

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
8 hours ago, Rickster said:

Actually quite true. My current company realised that WFH is a viable long term proposition and recently my boss announce that the office will be gone and everyone WFH.

Moving forward, we will only maintain a shared office space from the likes of Wework.

I'm now thinking if I should even keep my car.

How many companies really like your company, give up office and all staff wfh? I think the percentage would be quite low. Most companies still prefer their staff to work in office.

Supersonic
10 hours ago, Roh96 said:

I suppose COE bidding will tie in together with showrooms reopening. If showrooms can only open in phase 2, so no bidding for at least till July? Oh no..

They did not announced if coe bidding will resume in Jun? And they also never announce if ERP will resume fully?

30 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Really, no wonder demand is strong. Don't believe 158th's report

Those sitting on the fence on maybe can find good deals.

Will be interesting to see the next 2 COE bidding on where it's going to go...

(edited)

actually COE bidding is all done online, loans all done online, car transfers all done online. If people can sell cars online, why cant they release the COEs? i think they scared COE plunge affect their takings, thats why die die dun wanna release.  

i personally decide to buy now cos i think not many people will buy car online, potential for COE to plunge to a low.

Anyway need to use, long ago decided, take a bet see how

Edited by Tedlhw
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, Jumpmanz said:

Those sitting on the fence on maybe can find good deals.

Will be interesting to see the next 2 COE bidding on where it's going to go...

Those car agents still have orders from customers booked before CB and still did not bid coe for them? So coe cannot go down too much de.

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Jumpmanz said:

All subject to non guaranteed coe bidding. Just take some deposits to try luck. 

22 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

All subject to non guaranteed coe bidding. Just take some deposits to try luck. 

Some PIs are already offering 4 bid guaranteed COE bidding......

1 hour ago, Tedlhw said:

actually COE bidding is all done online, loans all done online, car transfers all done online. If people can sell cars online, why cant they release the COEs? i think they scared COE plunge affect their takings, thats why die die dun wanna release.  

i personally decide to buy now cos i think not many people will buy car online, potential for COE to plunge to a low.

Anyway need to use, long ago decided, take a bet see how

Agreed Gov is probably worried about plunge in COE. I suspect they may not release those COEs that were withheld during these CB period, or even if they do release will probably spread it over a period of several months.

With those new cars bookings without COEs during this period,  dealers will be forced to bid ( esp for the guaranteed COEs deals). This will result in some pent up demands in next COE exercise, whatever the date.....

Any case, until such time Gov resume bidding exercise, the new cars booked cannot be on the road, at current juncture looks like earliest in July? So why the hurry to book?

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Lotr said:

Errr... Fully refundable dp.  Just lock in the price. Got better deal just jump.

anyway there is this article on ST

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/motor-trade-bracing-itself-for-extended-sales-suspension

just goes to show how much you can trust 158th 

Coronavirus: Motor trade bracing itself for extended sales suspension

There is endless online sales going on since circuit breaker started in Apr. What sales suspension is the writer referring to? 🤪

Twincharged
(edited)
7 hours ago, Vinceng said:

There is endless online sales going on since circuit breaker started in Apr. What sales suspension is the writer referring to? 🤪

err...  the stock of unsold cars doesn't move. it sits in the warehouse accumulating storage cost, finance cost etc.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

7 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Can sell cannot deliver unless agent got stock of open cat coe lo. 

11 hours ago, Jumpmanz said:

Prices are without coe lei.  Yea coe might be crashing but why commit and then later coe is 30k so u have no savings actually 

33 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

I think very few are buying unless agent got stock of open cat which might be exhausted liao.

Imagine I put deposit in april.  My first bid will only be in July and even then it's not confirmed.  So probably many are holding back.

36 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

question is registration of vehicle service opens or not?