The Gold 905 FM $10,000 prize saga

dudez7

won't admit mistake, won't apologise. all too familiar

this incident though, many are demanding for apologies

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Can you find the gold 905 youtube/podcast recording? I wanna listen!

Here you go: 

Essentially, in order not to admit they are wrong, Gold 90.5 is saying that  they’re the authority on how someone’s own family name 8 time zones away, should be pronounced.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Someone said it best - for the sake of $10,000 and the game running its course (instead of ending prematurely), they’re prepared to flush their reputation and  integrity down the drain.

”Only hear the good stuff”

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
(edited)

Clearly, the DJ heard only the good stuff. 🙄

This is singularly unfair. They cannot fault this chap for "mispronouncing" an ang moh name slightly when most Sinkies - Mediacorpse staff included- don't even have (what I would consider to be) a strong command of the English language. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 5

I hardly listen to Mediacorp stations anymore. Even Gold 90.5 standard has dropped. The only time I ever listen to local radio is when I am in the car. First will be Kiss92, followed by 91.3 and then Gold90.5 and Class 95. Some of the old songs they play are the "short" version and not the LP version. When I am at home I use the internet, check out Radio.Garden where you can listen to any radio station WORLDWIDE.

• Praise 3

When prize money is in the running, one cannot discount certain 'alternative rational' for discounting the winner's rights to win.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
11 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Can you find the gold 905 youtube/podcast recording? I wanna listen!

Forget the podcast. You should see if there's an opening with the underground train operator instead. Looks like got plenty of work-life balance 🙂

########

The latest Name Drop began on 16 March, and Muhammad's father-in-law encouraged him and his wife to follow it.

Before long, Muhammad was hooked, listening from 7am until 6pm on some days. He would even tune in at work, when possible.

At certain points in the day, the station took an answer on air. No-one got it right, but with every wrong answer, Muhammad got closer to the magic 14.

He called the station hundreds of times - and got through twice - but fell short each time (there were only local charges if the call connected). By 21 April, he knew every answer, except number 11.

"My wife was so adamant it was Stevie Wonder, we decided to give it a try," he says. "It was a leap of faith, but I was confident. As the saying goes, the wife is always correct."

So Muhammad called again, and, against the odds, was put on air. "I think I'm going to win it this time round," he told Chris Ho, the DJ.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 1

He got the personalities right. What he didn't (or the judges feel) was that he pronounced Had-ley as Hate-ley but is that the bone of contention?

So pronouncing David Bowl-we as Bow-we (as in Take a Bow) also wrong ? names have different pronunciations....

• Praise 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Old-driver said:

He got the personalities right. What he didn't (or the judges feel) was that he pronounced Had-ley as Hate-ley but is that the bone of contention?

So pronouncing David Bowl-we as Bow-we (as in Take a Bow) also wrong ? names have different pronunciations....

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, Old-driver said:

Cumberbatch can't say penguins "correctly", but I'm far from mistaking what he's saying for an elephant. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Forget the podcast. You should see if there's an opening with the underground train operator instead. Looks like got plenty of work-life balance 🙂

########

The latest Name Drop began on 16 March, and Muhammad's father-in-law encouraged him and his wife to follow it.

Before long, Muhammad was hooked, listening from 7am until 6pm on some days. He would even tune in at work, when possible.

At certain points in the day, the station took an answer on air. No-one got it right, but with every wrong answer, Muhammad got closer to the magic 14.

He called the station hundreds of times - and got through twice - but fell short each time (there were only local charges if the call connected). By 21 April, he knew every answer, except number 11.

"My wife was so adamant it was Stevie Wonder, we decided to give it a try," he says. "It was a leap of faith, but I was confident. As the saying goes, the wife is always correct."

So Muhammad called again, and, against the odds, was put on air. "I think I'm going to win it this time round," he told Chris Ho, the DJ.

He should be fired if he was dialing in from work. Listening to radio, I am not sure but we have to consider that he is in charge of 100s or 1000s of lives! Are pilots allowed to listen to radio when flying?

That being said, he also deserves to win the 10k.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle

Twincharged
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

He should be fired if he was dialing in from work. Listening to radio, I am not sure but we have to consider that he is in charge of 100s or 1000s of lives! Are pilots allowed to listen to radio when flying?

That being said, he also deserves to win the 10k.

Train are mostly self driven.. 

Planes are also almost self landing even like the 380s i am told.

He is not on the india rail way system ...

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement