Dealer who sold car with tampered odometer wins case

Mockngbrd

17 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Haha just my personal preference. If I can’t afford to get it new I won’t have it that’s all. That’s why I’m still on the ‘waiting list’ for a Rolex sport model.

i envy him for his wealth and belongings but that’s just not what I want.

Yes i understand.  Most girls are like that.

studies have shown that that is due to 2 key things

pride and jealousy / envy

i am just advising you against having a closed mind.

• Haha! 1

(edited)

simi rule of law

even a VP said ... it's common ... so suck it up

Singapore Vehicle Traders Association first vice-president Raymond Tang said odometer-tampering is "quite common".

Edited by Wt_know

7 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Really feel this is a good time for law minister to step in say its enough.. And then go and debate in parliament.. To ensure that the odometer tampering thing is put to a stop. Where are you law minister now? 

All this trivial things, bochup one lah bro.

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

objectively ... dealer did not win the case, its car buyer who lost the case. [:p]

Dealer will face "empty" customers after these .... :darkmood:

If I am the boss, I would have quietly paid off the customer or some extra benifits instead of going for court case ....  :we-all-gonna-die:

So what you win just one case but lost numbers of protential customers in long run......   :ouch-it-hurts:

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

If I am the boss, I would have quietly paid off the customer or some extra benifits instead of going for court case ....  :we-all-gonna-die:

So what you win just one case but lost numbers of protential customers in long run......   :ouch-it-hurts:

singapore people very short term memory one.

give a bit of sweetener only and all is forgotten.

:XD:

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

They claim they didn't do it wor. So means used car dealer oso kena con by seller. So they are a victim hor....

• Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Soya said:

They claim they didn't do it wor. So means used car dealer oso kena con by seller. So they are a victim hor....

I only believe 15% of the dealer stories.    :we-all-gonna-die: 

My point is 85% of car owners don't even know which is the speedometer cable and where it link to. Unless one work's in a motor workshops or have a vehicle mechanic friends. :wut:

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I only believe 15% of the dealer stories.    :we-all-gonna-die: 

My point is 85% of car owners don't even know which is the speedometer cable and where it link to. Unless one work's in a motor workshops or have a vehicle mechanic friends. :wut:

9/10 used car dealer tamper odo

1/10 car owner (the really hiong one) tamper odo

so ... what's the odds? lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Most car dealers have 'eagle' eyes and will spot any descriptioncies. They will press for the lowest price and sell it with a higher price in order to gain a profits to maintain the company & their salaries. :slow:

Mine about 26k mileage per year..

last time I saw a coming 3 year old car with mileage of 200k.. knew instantly that odometer is not tampered 🤪 

selling 60k when new car is at 130k.. that more realistic price

3 minutes ago, Fuelsaver said:

If possible, just use chassis or vrn to verify w AD workshop. Or buy AD mgt units.

With the new policies (Lemon Law), AD cannot force new car owners to do maintenance at their workshop.

Owners can go to any "reliable" workshops for servcing (servicing - oil change, brake pads, aircon servicing, change of blown bulbs) but AD still have to honour the warranties of major parts unless owners modified the parts. 

So AD can't maintain the records unless the owner only goes back to them for every 10,000 km servicing. :we-all-gonna-die: 

20 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Said before and I will say it again. 

If the authorities can be such anal d!psh!ts to microexamine welds and manufacturers' stamping marks of an exhaust system and store the photos they can jolly well record the mileage of the car that comes in for periodic inspection

Prospective car owners can then go to OneMotoring to key in their potential purchase's chassis number to verify mileage at the last inspection. 

Even if someone (not fingering the dealer only, some owners may do it also) wants to tweak the odometer, they cannot possibly wind it back past the last recorded mileage. 

I posit that this is a safety issue because a number of mechanical components on every car have to be replaced periodically. Adjusting the odometer causes these items to NOT be replaced when they need to. 

I mean, how hard can it be, and why do they leave things the way they are? I don't want to accuse them of protecting the unlawful, but they are definitely leaving huge holes for exploitation. 

1) First 3 years of the car, no inspection. So anyone can "tune" the mileage to whatever amount they want.

2) If owner knows LTA will record mileage and he/she will get higher price for low mileage car, before each inspection they will go and adjust the mileage. It will create a whole new service of mileage adjustment in the workshop.

Best way is to link the new distance based IU with the car's odometer. This way, no way to tamper the mileage.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Why plaintiff chose not to appeal but LLST? 

I guess he needed to dig deeper into his pocket and have his incompetent lawyer to make it happen. 

Peasants always lose out with their limited resources with no guarantee outcome. 

Hypersonic
(edited)

Every thing is funny about this case to me.

I laugh when

I read the buyer do what job - lawyer

The lawyer's lawyer did not do what - present sufficient evidence to prove his case

The car dealer lawyer did not have to do what to win the case. No need to present a vigorous defense if the plaintiff lawyers did not present sufficient evidence to prove his case.

The company name definition - "the Pirate norsemen".

The company motto - Delivering beyond expectations. Maybe buyer expected a car with lower mileage? 6 times above expectations?

The lesson the buyer learnt also funny.

If I was the buyer the lesson I learnt is want to win a case its helps to know the law.

:grin:

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2