Dealer who sold car with tampered odometer wins case

Mockngbrd

12 hours ago, Jusnel said:

LTA is damm useless. 

and they don't care about consumers

LTA can easily come out with a new law that requires all sellers and dealers to declare that they did not tamper the ODO and whatever other parts, when they are selling the car. 

The law can also give provision for sellers or dealers to state that they are not sure of the tamper (example, they are not the first owner, or dealer does not know the full background of the car), and not held liable.  

Any potential buyer will get to see this declaration and the buyer can decide if he still want to continue with the purchase.  At least in this situation, the buyer is given the opportunity to consider and a fair footing with the awareness. (Buy with eyes open)

This law will also sieve out honest and dishonest sellers/dealers in one brush.  Those who want to play punk, they will think twice

This law will actually help to identify the authentic cars with confident seller/dealer because people are more wary when come to making declaration. If they are confident, they will make the declaration. 

The law can kickstart from a given deadline and affects cars manufactured in certain year onwards 

it doesn't take alot to implement this law.  LTA is only v bz with taxi, PHV laws and COE.... kana sai

yes, 

least the consumer go in knowing Mileage can be kelong

so u buy , u dun kbkb later

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
31 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I only believe 15% of the dealer stories.    :we-all-gonna-die: 

My point is 85% of car owners don't even know which is the speedometer cable and where it link to. Unless one work's in a motor workshops or have a vehicle mechanic friends. :wut:

Now digital speedo liao, no more cable. Lagi easy to tamper

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Even in a slam dunk case

if you don't slam and dunk,

you will not win.

:grin:

3 lawyers in this case

Only 1 came out looking [thumbsup].

Want to win a court case

it helps to know the law.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
44 minutes ago, Soya said:

Now digital speedo liao, no more cable. Lagi easy to tamper

Ya just plug and play.. Haiz. 

Turbocharged

Why buy used car in Sg? For most BnB cars, the annual depreciation is nearly the same as a new car, the maintenance will be costlier, fuel consumption worse. All in all, the annual cost might even be higher than a new car. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, keanC said:

the new distance based IU will not get install so soon. The big Q is when?🤓

Long time more. 
my guess is the 1st gen of IU will not be able to calculate distance accurately. It will be the 2nd gen a couple of years later that can do so. 

3 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Yes i understand.  Most girls are like that.

studies have shown that that is due to 2 key things

pride and jealousy / envy

i am just advising you against having a closed mind.

Haha I don’t understand what you are saying. You mean I’m a girl? 😅

your so called studies about the 2 key things is related to what? Buying of expensive but used items to have the price and make other jealous?

I just don’t like used goods that’s all. It’s not about an opened or closed mind. It’s a matter of preference.

• Praise 2

Can the dealer in this case denied they tampered with the odometer?  They could have said that they bought the car from the seller, the mileage was as it is. 
It’s true that the mileage was tampered with but no evidence it was done by the dealer. 

• Praise 2

Bottoms line.

1. Easy to proof mileage was tampered.

2.Cannot proof it was the dealer who did it,  unless more resources are pour in. Question is, who is paying?

No wonder the plaintiff gave up in the end. Court proceedings are solely for the rich.

5 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Bottoms line.

1. Easy to proof mileage was tampered.

2.Cannot proof it was the dealer who did it,  unless more resources are pour in. Question is, who is paying?

No wonder the plaintiff gave up in the end. Court proceedings are solely for the rich.

Plaintiff sued dealer for misrepresentation.  Sadly, plaintiff never provide concrete evidence on the misrepresentation to the extent that judge has to tell lawyer what to do.

• Praise 1

even if plantiff brought the mazda AD technician in to with the tampered report, can it be pointed that it was dealer who tampered it?

it only proves its tampered.

doesnt prove that dealer tampered it.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

even if plantiff brought the mazda AD technician in to with the tampered report, can it be pointed that it was dealer who tampered it?

it only proves its tampered.

doesnt prove that dealer tampered it.

It proves that Dealer misrepresented the mileage.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It proves that Dealer misrepresented the mileage.

if  the dealer but makan the car from another dealer - dont know the real mileage - see 10k buy at 10k - and resell it as it is.

is  it still considered misrepresenting?

• Praise 1

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

if  the dealer but makan the car from another dealer - dont know the real mileage - see 10k buy at 10k - and resell it as it is.

is  it still considered misrepresenting?

Yes especially mileage has included in S&P contract.

BDC4C08A-F416-42EE-AB94-A22319C3C343.jpeg

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
7 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

With the new policies (Lemon Law), AD cannot force new car owners to do maintenance at their workshop.

Owners can go to any "reliable" workshops for servcing (servicing - oil change, brake pads, aircon servicing, change of blown bulbs) but AD still have to honour the warranties of major parts unless owners modified the parts. 

So AD can't maintain the records unless the owner only goes back to them for every 10,000 km servicing. :we-all-gonna-die: 

Then it's owners responsibility already. Either way, buy from AD or AD used car arm if possible. At least should have proper records without potential tampering. Or direct owners with proper records verifiable at agent or their patronised workshops. I used to keep all records of service and repair of the rides I've owned until I sold them.

• Praise 1

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Raymond is also not doing anything and sweeping it under the carpet.

Screenshot_20200523-200817.png

i wonder will the authority or relevant agency dare to say it out loud that robbery or burglary is "quite common" [sly] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

Raymond is also not doing anything and sweeping it under the carpet.

Screenshot_20200523-200817.png

Won't do anything one lah. 'Quite common' means industry practice

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2