Dealer who sold car with tampered odometer wins case

Mockngbrd

Supersonic
7 hours ago, Xers007 said:

lost, sue again with new juridical team ... this is definitely sending the wrong signal to the society.

Eat BKT during SHN, kena 6 weeks jail

Blatant cheating, win case

Simi signal u referring to ah?......

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

How come the listing put mileage as "NA", even though photo is provided? Sgcarmart platform don't allow to input such high mileage number?

Start to smell a RAT . . . Right & left hand not aligned [thumbsdown]

(edited)
2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

The plaintiff is an in house legal counsel but represented by Clarence Lun of Foxwood LLC. 

Mr Tan should just fire his lawyer, do crowd funding and have another go at Viking.  Think many in MCF will be happy to donate some money to see that justice is done.

this in-house lawyer should just hire her - the judge see her, i think also scare .... who dare question her arguments?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/first-woman-lawyer-in-singapore-to-be-made-qc

QC.JPG

Edited by TeamAMG69
  • Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Soya said:

The lawyer did such bad job in proving misrepresentation.

How to win case huh?

Supersonic
11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The lawyer did such bad job in proving misrepresentation.

How to win case huh?

Hope Sovereign woman hires this lawyer

Supersonic
9 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Like this my MIL wants to sell her car.

Low mileage, perfect condition, paint work like new.

Only drive to market.

:grin:

image.png.39544c1e375a68128111790c23308618.png

Original paint work, everything stock.

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Vinceng said:

If you want to purchase a low mileage used car, Vking Motor is prob the best place to go to. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing.php?BRSR=0&DL=3004&RPG=20

Most of their cars have low mileage, especially those > 10 yr old ones, all have below 10,000km annual mileage. 

And its not helping that the picture on the left shows at least 5 Mazda 3s...😁

10 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

Jin malu

Ownself lawyer but don't know how to call the right witness to testify for his case?

Watch TV serial too much also learn come tricks Liao leh.

where he get his law degree from? buy one, is it? 

and he shld be worried that his employer will sack him anytime soon for being incompetent. (Own personal case can lose, how to fight case for company?)

• Haha! 2

(edited)

LTA is damm useless. 

and they don't care about consumers

LTA can easily come out with a new law that requires all sellers and dealers to declare that they did not tamper the ODO and whatever other parts, when they are selling the car. 

The law can also give provision for sellers or dealers to state that they are not sure of the tamper (example, they are not the first owner, or dealer does not know the full background of the car), and not held liable.  

Any potential buyer will get to see this declaration and the buyer can decide if he still want to continue with the purchase.  At least in this situation, the buyer is given the opportunity to consider and a fair footing with the awareness. (Buy with eyes open)

This law will also sieve out honest and dishonest sellers/dealers in one brush.  Those who want to play punk, they will think twice

This law will actually help to identify the authentic cars with confident seller/dealer because people are more wary when come to making declaration. If they are confident, they will make the declaration. 

The law can kickstart from a given deadline and affects cars manufactured in certain year onwards 

it doesn't take alot to implement this law.  LTA is only v bz with taxi, PHV laws and COE.... kana sai

Edited by Jusnel
  • Praise 6

Supercharged
7 hours ago, Soya said:

Innocent till proven guilty, i dont dare to qns the 两个口...

17 hours ago, Rickster said:

It seems that the judge's comments is indirectly asking him to come back again when he has gathered the needed evidence.

But even then, the dealer can claim that they are the victim themselves as someone else had tempered the odometer, not them. If only he had tried to check with Mazda on the service records of this car, this can be avoided. ADs usually are ok with disclosing if the car has came back for regular service or not, the last service mileage and if they are still under warranty.

actually i think this is very gray. Does AD accept to disclose the actual service mileage records of the car if the caller is not the owner of the car? Or perhaps they are willingly to disclose to anyone calling to check on the car service history?

KM seems like only disclose this information only to the registered owner of the car. So when you say call AD to check so i presumed the buyer is already the registered owner of the car. But until this step  it is too late already as the sales purchase has already completed. So this is a sup thumb situation. 

If we can know before buying the actual service history of the car, than it is a different story.

19 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

If he just brought a new car instead of second handone ....... [smallcry]

Thats is why I will never buy a used car after buying one once. Lesson learnt.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
20 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Comparing 2 person, a 20 year old and a 40 year old.. both claimed to be virgin.. without giving more details.. who you believe? 🤣

I guess we need to be realistic lah.. I bought many used car to "play play" in the past but never believe their mileage.. just access the condition can liao loh.. a Dealer once told me the more number of owners the car be well maintained as each owner when bought over the car will service/repair it part by part and the cycle repeat for next owner..

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

38 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

All my cars are used. No big issue.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1