Dealer who sold car with tampered odometer wins case

Mockngbrd

Mr Tan Ming Yew, if you want to take back some pride and dignity, appeal big , go all the way.

you yourself are a lawyer and need to proof your own worth now.

Many of us car buyers wish you success in winning.

car dealers like that should just go out of business.

i wonder why the court did not allow him some time to call on the witness that they wanted but dismissed the case just like that.  

KNS

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

19 hours ago, Kb27 said:

and so if you want to buy from this dealer, better watch out.

they may win the battle, but lost the war.

Time to change company name?

12 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

This is *not* true. 

See: https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/VA1966

Screenshot_20200522_200659.thumb.jpg.76e6ce65d43818791110e9d11836953e.jpg

Penalties include fine max 2k, prison max 3 years. 

It is a *criminal offence*. The police are supposed to act on evidence of such. 

I'm not sure if one needs a magistrate's complaint to spur the police into action. I'm not sure why that would be needed. But apparently magistrate's complaints pertain to criminal offences (carrying 3 or fewer years prison term) so it may be applicable here. 

If you know please tell me why one needs a magistrate's complaint. Why is a police report not good enough? 

Yup, so so “not” true....🤣

33 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Comparing 2 person, a 20 year old and a 40 year old.. both claimed to be virgin.. without giving more details.. who you believe? 🤣

I guess we need to be realistic lah.. I bought many used car to "play play" in the past but never believe their mileage.. just access the condition can liao loh.. a Dealer once told me the more number of owners the car be well maintained as each owner when bought over the car will service/repair it part by part and the cycle repeat for next owner..

I’m not not buying a used car again for the odo tempering issue. Never said so. No need to be realistic as I never likes used things and it’s just a bad mistake buying that used car. I just buy what I can afford to buy brand new. If not I’ll save till I can afford so.

• Praise 4

23 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

All my cars are used. No big issue.

That’s great for you. I just never like used stuffs that’s all.

• Praise 1

This chap is a lawyer / legal advisor? I do hope he does not treat his company's legal documents and contracts with such carelessness!

2 minutes ago, Othello said:

This chap is a lawyer / legal advisor? I do hope he does not treat his company's legal documents and contracts with such carelessness!

maybe newbie buyer lor ...

and probably does not surf MCF ... [:p]

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

That’s great for you. I just never like used stuffs that’s all.

I got a friend who said that to me many many years ago.

today he has preowned Rolexes, stays in preowned property and drives preowned BWM.

you WILL eat your words my friend.

never like used stuff? 👍

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

today he has preowned Rolexes, stays in preowned property and drives preowned BWM.

never like used stuff? 👍

Haha just my personal preference. If I can’t afford to get it new I won’t have it that’s all. That’s why I’m still on the ‘waiting list’ for a Rolex sport model.

i envy him for his wealth and belongings but that’s just not what I want.

Edited by Discoburg
  • Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

never like used stuff? 👍

yeah, preowned bonds also good. [laugh]

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Blueray said:

maybe newbie buyer lor ...

and probably does not surf MCF ... [:p]

Its not about him buying car, its about him filing a lawsuit together with his lawyer. Both deserve to be shot. Slipshod.

7 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

never like used stuff? 👍

Like my mum lor. No resale property, no 2nd hand cars. Me? I dun care as long as good deal

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
21 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/dealer-who-sold-car-with-tampered-odometer-wins-case

listing01.jpg

af15bbcb98aeb35ac88b931ec9d614a1.jpg

SINGAPORE - A car buyer lost his case against a dealer for selling him a car which had clocked six times the mileage shown on its odometer - all because of a technicality.

Really Wtf.. Nowonder tampering with M odometer is very rament here. Darn it. Was hopping that the car buyer win this case to send a clear message to all car dealers. Don't know what the message the court trying to bring across? To encourage more car dealers to tamper with odometer knowing that they could get away with it? Haiz.. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Really Wtf.. Nowonder tampering with M odometer is very rament here. Darn it. Was hopping that the car buyer win this case to send a clear message to all car dealers. Don't know what the message the court trying to bring across? To encourage more car dealers to tamper with odometer knowing that they could get away with it? Haiz.. 

same old same old la ...

that's why we are fcked by all these cowboys

even they are fined ... simply close shop and open another one

the fine is far lesser than making profit ... simply factor in as cost of doing biz ... [mad] 

Edited by Wt_know

Twincharged
Just now, Wt_know said:

same old same old la ...

that's why we are fcked by all these cowboys

even they are fined ... simply close shop and open another one

Really feel this is a good time for law minister to step in say its enough.. And then go and debate in parliament.. To ensure that the odometer tampering thing is put to a stop. Where are you law minister now? 

↡ Advertisement