2020 Nissan Kicks e-POWER Compact Crossover

StreetFight3r

I test drive the mg electric vehicle. Kicks drive almost the same but at 20k cheaper.

well u say kicks dun drive like ev. Maybe subjective. Maybe u driven a Tesla before? If like that cannot compare lah...

Yeah without epower the kicks is worse than the qashqai as quite cramped. 

but for 100k with so many safety features like intelligent cruise control, it is worth the money. 

Edited by Munhua
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Took delivery on Thurs - only been driving it for 2 days, but so far I'm lovin' it!

This is how I see this car - basically, it's an electric car that has managed to overcome two of the biggest drawbacks of electric cars, namely:

1. Range anxiety - not so much of an issue in small Singapore, but elsewhere, manufacturers use bigger batteries (which adds to cost and weight) to overcome this, and

2. Need for charging stations - big issue in Singapore cos the infrastructure just isn't there.

How Nissan has overcome this is by using a small petrol motor to recharge the battery, so their E-Power vehicles never need a charging station, and never have to worry about range.

So if you think this 'series-hybrid' solution is not clever, or not the best way, or whatever, then you won't like this car, cos it's a little basic, Thai made crossover, slightly smaller yet slightly more expensive than the made in Japan Qashqai.

But if you think this 'series-hybrid' is a brilliant, clever solution, then you will like the car - a small, zippy electric car that never needs a charging station or worries about range, from an AD, and under 100K!

Once I pump my second tank of petrol, I will do a formal review!

P8070013.jpeg

P8070005.jpeg

• Praise 11

9 minutes ago, Sorethum said:

Took delivery on Thurs - only been driving it for 2 days, but so far I'm lovin' it!

This is how I see this car - basically, it's an electric car that has managed to overcome two of the biggest drawbacks of electric cars, namely:

1. Range anxiety - not so much of an issue in small Singapore, but elsewhere, manufacturers use bigger batteries (which adds to cost and weight) to overcome this, and

2. Need for charging stations - big issue in Singapore cos the infrastructure just isn't there.

How Nissan has overcome this is by using a small petrol motor to recharge the battery, so their E-Power vehicles never need a charging station, and never have to worry about range.

So if you think this 'series-hybrid' solution is not clever, or not the best way, or whatever, then you won't like this car, cos it's a little basic, Thai made crossover, slightly smaller yet slightly more expensive than the made in Japan Qashqai.

But if you think this 'series-hybrid' is a brilliant, clever solution, then you will like the car - a small, zippy electric car that never needs a charging station or worries about range, from an AD, and under 100K!

Once I pump my second tank of petrol, I will do a formal review!

P8070013.jpeg

P8070005.jpeg

Nice!! How's the ride so far? will wait for ur review.   

Same here just collect Today my dark grey kicks premium plus. Yours same Color? The intelligent cruise control and blind spot warning are quite accurate. Not used to not having rpm display as driven by electric motor. Eco mode is no power. Drive or Smart mode is solid. Ev is useless as drain battery very fast. One pedal driving is easy. Scared can brake some more. The sound quality is superb. U will see both engine and electric motor side by side under the front bonnet. 

• Praise 1

And you can use 92 petrol no problem as long as petrol is unleaded. I bought quite a few accessories online liao. 5 yrs unlimited mileage warranty and free SVC up to 50k. Battery warranty 10 yrs or 160k. It means this car can last long if not they won't give unlimited mileage warranty.

On 7/29/2020 at 12:21 PM, Terence2112 said:

You booked the XV at 80k, that’s a good price. But AD told you to TOP up 12k, that’s obscene.

i would also change if I were you.

only in Singapore where we have this TOP up nonsense. It’s like buying chicken rice and the stall owner says the price of the chicken rice fluctuates in tandem with the mortality rate of the chickens. The more lesser chickens die, the lower the price. The more, price goes up. 

nonsense.

Chicken rice and cars are entirely different things  

Nonsense from you once again .

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Chicken rice and cars are entirely different things  

Nonsense from you once again .

Sorry I don’t know who you are... so nonsense from you once again, too 

Hey guys don't argue over my ex-problem. Past is past. History already. 

This is how my new car looks like (1st picture). I did not know dark grey also very chio with free ceramic coating.

Should be same as Bmxcar. 1st day kena bird shit because my home outdoor carpk. Sianz... LOL...

Did not choose sunset orange or red pearl or sunlight yellow because do not want colour to be too bright to attract unnecessary attention.

There is no RPM indicator in this car as shown below in 2nd picture. Distance also shows about 400 km for full tank.

The switch drive modes are also shown in 3rd picture. There are 3 modes - Drive, Eco and Smart. The EV switch next to it will drain battery very fast but provide a boost surge.

Fourth picture shows the charging of battery by engine.

Fifth picture shows the engine on the left (3-cylinder so need 3 spark plugs) and the electric motor on the right (both need to be registered with LTA and have unique nos besides the chassis no.)

Sixth picture shows the fuel consumption. The acceleration is too tempting (the car can literally fly with 260Nm instantaneous torque and beat all the BMWs by overtaking and taste my exhaust lak cheong!!!) so I press the accelerator hard and thus I can't achieve 10km/l initially. Someone mentioned that it did not drive like a full electric vehicle. How can it be? It is driven by the electric motor just like a full BEV but the only difference is the charging method. Forget about the bluesg as the acceleration is like SHIT!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers and Happy National Day everyone! 😄

All-New-NISSAN-KICKS-e-POWER-V-01.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg

nissan-kicks-meters.jpg

images.jpeg

images-2.jpeg

images-3.jpeg

images-4.jpeg

Edited by Munhua
  • Praise 2

On 8/9/2020 at 2:14 PM, BabyBlade said:

First part of the Kicks e-POWER review. Second part coming up soon! 

Excellent demo! Basically explains everything about the fantastic car! Thumbs Up!!! 

Get the premium plus variant at 3k more. Worth the money! Just take note when using intelligent cruise control, press brake or auto hold during traffic lights or else the car will move by itself. Very dangerous...

Hi All,

After reading the tread, went down to test drive on Friday and it felt good...so good that I paid a deposit today after convincing my "Finance Minister". Hopefully can collect the car soon as I went for 6 bids non-guaranteed.   

• Praise 2

18 hours ago, BobbyBobby said:

Hi All,

After reading the tread, went down to test drive on Friday and it felt good...so good that I paid a deposit today after convincing my "Finance Minister". Hopefully can collect the car soon as I went for 6 bids non-guaranteed.   

Smart choice!!! Kena poisoned! Lol. Negotiate with ur SE for 2 bids guaranteed coe without topup. I am recommending this because I dun wat u to have heartache and headache later if u cannot get coe like my bad experience. Pls get the premium plus. It is recommended because to install adaptive cruise control alone in my previous bmw outside cost almost 6k. For 3k more, u get  factory built intelligent cruise control plus blindspot warning. What the heck? Even Subaru cars nxt door also has adaptive cruise control as standard! I mean a good pair of speakers is even more ex. U dun need good speakers in this car as u can feel vibration already. Lol. Suspension is also good over humps. Overall a very value for money electric car. The safety features cannot even be found in luxury brands and may drive much better than their turbo petrol or diesel counterparts.

It is time to setup a WhatsApp grp when more become kicks owners! Many accessories can be found in shopee!

Below shows blindspot warning and intelligent cruise control display. Never try out rear cross traffic alert as always park from the rear.

IMG_20200810_171112.jpg

IMG_20200810_171102.jpg

IMG_20200810_171052.jpg

Edited by Munhua
  • Praise 2

Yes, signed up for the Plus but with 6 bids non guaranteed...is it a taboo to share what price(s) I signed for and the freebies I got here? Bcos I didn’t see anyone else post theirs...didn’t get to try any of the safety features during test drive, will do so once I get the car (hopefully soon) 😁

Was told some of the accessories may not for the current Kick...am thinking of installing power boot...but still thinking...😄 

Edited by BobbyBobby

On 8/9/2020 at 8:27 AM, Munhua said:

And you can use 92 petrol no problem as long as petrol is unleaded. I bought quite a few accessories online liao. 5 yrs unlimited mileage warranty and free SVC up to 50k. Battery warranty 10 yrs or 160k. It means this car can last long if not they won't give unlimited mileage warranty.

Bro, read your PM inbox please!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hello, first timer here. Planning to get a SUV/crossover as my first purchase. Been holding back for a long time but seems a good time to pull the trigger with aging parents etc.  Been reading reviews and comments about Nissan Kicks and I would like to find out what are the freebies that we can ask from the Sales person (reasonable freebies coz I know they are on commission base so the more we squeeze the lesser they get, I would like to be fair to them but at the same time knowing what are the items that they can give as well) . Thank you

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1