2020 Nissan Kicks e-POWER Compact Crossover

StreetFight3r

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

The 2020 Nissan Kicks is a subcompact crossover available in three trim levels: S, SV and SR. The S trim is very basic, as are the upper trims compared to other subcompact crossovers 🚘 🚀

Edited by AndyShane
  • Praise 1

Dropped round to test drive the Kicks. It's actually quite pleasant to drive - smooth and seamless takeoff. When the engine kicks in, it's a bit disappointing as the rumble is audible; having said which, at faster speeds it becomes less noticeable. The interior is simple but acceptable, with a few hard touch plastics around, sadly. The dual-tone orange dashboard detailing - a matter of taste, I guess. Safety features strong, but blind spot detection only available on higher models. I think it's a better overall fit than the Kona hybrid, but need to take the price into ultimate consideration.

• Praise 6

Neutral Newbie

Tested last week. It's a nice car with plenty power. The design is nice but size is small and equipment is basic as entry level. 

• Praise 2

The premium plus at 3k more got a lot of safety features like intelligent cruise control, etc so definitely not basic. Yes test drive has power acceleration but cannot test safety features due to basic car.

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Munhua2 said:

I just ordered the premium plus for 101k guaranteed coe 2 bids. 

Can choose the interior seats colour? 

Black interior as got kids with dark gray exterior Color. Sunset orange too bright and hard to wash. Yes can only choose these 2 seat colours for premium plus.

• Praise 2

Se told me note e-power is coming end of the yr. Shiply epower will come next yr. no qashqai epower as it will compete with kicks. Largest service centre is Joo Koon or Bukit Timah. Only 1 hr to service as engine nothing much to service as no spark plugs as car not driven by engine. Battery should last 10 yrs with warranty. Overall a cheap car to maintain plus the superb acceleration. Beat all luxury continental turbocharged petrol cars hands down. Test drive yourself and you know what I mean. Even supercar ex owner switch to Nissan Leaf. Serena epower can go 300 km mileage but this kicks can easily more than double that. At 17.5km/l, even more fuel efficient than diesel and even quieter. Drives like the mg electric  nearby but with safety features and 20k cheaper. Even the Lexus ux250h at 75k more can’t even match this. No wonder Nissan epower cars have overtaken Toyota hybrid cars in sales in Japan. What more can you expect from this car? 

To tell you the truth, I switch from Subaru Xv to this as cannot get the cat b coe after 2 bids and I never regret. ( both under Tan Chong). It is a blessing in disguise as the test drive won me over completely. Huh? More powerful than a 2l boxer engine by this puny 1.2L engine that just charges the battery to drive the car. No more charging using charging stations. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Munhua2 said:

Se told me note e-power is coming end of the yr. Shiply epower will come next yr. no qashqai epower as it will compete with kicks. Largest service centre is Joo Koon or Bukit Timah. Only 1 hr to service as engine nothing much to service as no spark plugs as car not driven by engine. Battery should last 10 yrs with warranty. Overall a cheap car to maintain plus the superb acceleration. Beat all luxury continental turbocharged petrol cars hands down. Test drive yourself and you know what I mean. Even supercar ex owner switch to Nissan Leaf. Serena epower can go 300 km mileage but this kicks can easily more than double that. At 17.5km/l, even more fuel efficient than diesel and even quieter. Drives like the mg electric  nearby but with safety features and 20k cheaper. Even the Lexus ux250h at 75k more can’t even match this. No wonder Nissan epower cars have overtaken Toyota hybrid cars in sales in Japan. What more can you expect from this car? 

To tell you the truth, I switch from Subaru Xv to this as cannot get the cat b coe after 2 bids and I never regret. ( both under Tan Chong). It is a blessing in disguise as the test drive won me over completely. Huh? More powerful than a 2l boxer engine by this puny 1.2L engine that just charges the battery to drive the car. No more charging using charging stations. 

yeah e-Power seems not bad. For Kicks e-power roughly when can get the car?

Singapore version got daytime running lights?

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Munhua2 said:

No offence bro but i stopped at the part when you say engine has no spark plugs.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

(edited)

If u order with guaranteed coe shld be able to collect car after nxt coe bidding as new stock just arrive. Selling like hot cakes. I think no running daytime.lights and rain sensor but got auto headlights. No idea whether no spark plugs as electric motor drive the car instead. That is what se says. But even diesel no spark plugs as I used to own one. 16km/l fc and very cheap diesel price. However this kicks beat the diesel acceleration hands down although both share the same high 260Nm torque.

Edited by Munhua2
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Only gripe with this car is reverse camera on the rear view mirror which is so small, bouncy, no rear aircon, no android auto and cramped. The qashqai is so much better but alas they are not bringing the epower version. If it has just a normal engine, no one will buy the car but given the epower option, can overlook the cons.

Edited by Munhua2
  • Praise 1

11 hours ago, Munhua2 said:

I am a current owner of e power Serena. One thing I can safely say is that Lexus UX hybrid is definitely quieter than e power Nissan cars. And of course, the 3-cylinder 1.2l petrol engine needs spark plugs to work. 

• Praise 4

(edited)

Nobody tried other rivals? A hybrid or a full electric from Hyundai? How does it compare?

Or is everyone here going for the Kicks just because it's a Nissan and its price tag?

Edited by Watwheels

(edited)
12 hours ago, Munhua2 said:

I find your choices kinda extreme. Your first choice is the XV but because AD is unable to get the COE for you you went for the Kicks. These are very different category of cars, how very odd? Or did you limit yourself to cars distributed by Tan Chong? How lucky for the AD to have such customers.

I wonder what are your priorities and what cars have you narrow down to buy. Like I said your choices are kinda extreme. They are not cars of the same category. And you are sold so quickly. Have you test drive other cars of the same category? Maybe not the same price range.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4