2020 Nissan Kicks e-POWER Compact Crossover

StreetFight3r

(edited)

Yes AD is kind enuf to let me change car as all under same tan chong international。i am not the only one. Quite a number of subaru buyers could not get their cat b coe so they are looking at models elsewhere.

Edited by Munhua2
↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, Melody288 said:

I am a current owner of e power Serena. One thing I can safely say is that Lexus UX hybrid is definitely quieter than e power Nissan cars. And of course, the 3-cylinder 1.2l petrol engine needs spark plugs to work. 

5 hours ago, mikk123 said:

yeah.... agree. 

Thks for telling me epower car need spark plug. Se told me wrong info. Yeah my colleage who drive serena epower told me can go 600 km full tank so I think this kicks shld be abt the same. I got my info wrong the first time sorry.

Got test drive other cars before. Mg, ux250, mini, cx30, xv and the kicks. Mg same as kicks. Well subjective. To each his own.

I also thought so but from the high no of coe bids over the last 2 rounds in Jul due to suspended sales in CB shows otherwise. Everyone is rushing in thinking the price of cars have slashed but unfortunately these ridiculous low prices result in many unsuccessful COE bids as the COE rebate is very low eg. 14k rebate for a 30k COE so how to get even after 10 bids unless topup? The reason why I am changing car is because my previous diesel car engine broke down during the CB period which have expensive repairs so no pt repairing (half my car value). Booked a XV at 80k but after 2 failed rounds of COE bidding, they offer 12k topup so what is the point? A few K more can get me the Kicks. Lucky the 2 brands are under the same AD. Cannot change car with another AD. I already have no car for the past few months. 

17 hours ago, Munhua2 said:

Thks for telling me epower car need spark plug. Se told me wrong info. Yeah my colleage who drive serena epower told me can go 600 km full tank so I think this kicks shld be abt the same. I got my info wrong the first time sorry.

Got test drive other cars before. Mg, ux250, mini, cx30, xv and the kicks. Mg same as kicks. Well subjective. To each his own.

I'm driving the serena and i can go 700- 800km per tank anytime.

(edited)
On 7/27/2020 at 8:49 PM, Munhua2 said:

Se told me note e-power is coming end of the yr. Shiply epower will come next yr. no qashqai epower as it will compete with kicks.

Shiply epower? Which model is that?

Edited by Heartbreakid

Supersonic
On 7/27/2020 at 8:49 PM, Munhua2 said:

Beat all luxury continental turbocharged petrol cars hands down. Test drive yourself and you know what I mean. Even supercar ex owner switch to Nissan Leaf.

Wow.....sounds like Nissan is now da bestest

No wonder Infiniti ownself surrender as cannot compete w conti and wanna be Nissan-Plus instead.....

3 hours ago, Munhua2 said:

I also thought so but from the high no of coe bids over the last 2 rounds in Jul due to suspended sales in CB shows otherwise. Everyone is rushing in thinking the price of cars have slashed but unfortunately these ridiculous low prices result in many unsuccessful COE bids as the COE rebate is very low eg. 14k rebate for a 30k COE so how to get even after 10 bids unless topup? The reason why I am changing car is because my previous diesel car engine broke down during the CB period which have expensive repairs so no pt repairing (half my car value). Booked a XV at 80k but after 2 failed rounds of COE bidding, they offer 12k topup so what is the point? A few K more can get me the Kicks. Lucky the 2 brands are under the same AD. Cannot change car with another AD. I already have no car for the past few months. 

You booked the XV at 80k, that’s a good price. But AD told you to TOP up 12k, that’s obscene.

i would also change if I were you.

only in Singapore where we have this TOP up nonsense. It’s like buying chicken rice and the stall owner says the price of the chicken rice fluctuates in tandem with the mortality rate of the chickens. The more lesser chickens die, the lower the price. The more, price goes up. 

nonsense.

6 hours ago, Dilemma said:

I'm driving the serena and i can go 700- 800km per tank anytime.

Cool I am very happy to hear that. My previous diesel car can also achieve that. My colleague who owns serena epower must be a heavy footer. He enjoys the one pedal drive. I am not confident. What is ur take on this?

11 hours ago, Soya said:

Wow.....sounds like Nissan is now da bestest

No wonder Infiniti ownself surrender as cannot compete w conti and wanna be Nissan-Plus instead.....

Ok lah my bro owns the q30 diesel. Quite lasting but not as powerful as continental Brand and no safety features. Very soon u will see epower Infiniti cars. Lexus has done it already.

15 hours ago, Munhua2 said:

Cool I am very happy to hear that. My previous diesel car can also achieve that. My colleague who owns serena epower must be a heavy footer. He enjoys the one pedal drive. I am not confident. What is ur take on this?

Yes using one pedal as well. Takes a few days to get used to it.

2 hours ago, Dilemma said:

Yes using one pedal as well. Takes a few days to get used to it.

What about using pump 92 petrol as engine not driving the car? Is it ok? Will spoil the engine?

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Munhua2 said:

What about using pump 92 petrol as engine not driving the car? Is it ok? Will spoil the engine?

If the manual say minimum 95, then pump 95. Don't shortchange the car. it is not good.

• Praise 1

With all the hype about E-Power, I decided that I need to try it out to see if it is really that exciting on the road.

To begin, even though is electric drive, pedal to the metal doesn't really give you the surge of a normal EV. Is subtle, linear and surely smooth. The engine comes on almost immediately when flooring it, which is not surprising to begin with. However with the engine running at constant RPM to charge the batteries, the environmental cues really doesn't seem like it has EV-like acceleration . For all that matters, city driving is definitely comfortable and quiet. Exciting drive? not really. Definitely no head-jerking moment with this sort of acceleration.

The only head-jerking moment is the 1-pedal driving. It is very aggressive. Too aggressive for my liking, almost like stopping in time for a yellow-red light scenerio.

Steering is light as expected. The leather/plastic or whatever material on that steering wheel is uncomfortable to hold and makes you think twice if this car is really worth a 100k.

Space is practical. Suspension tuned for comfort but too busy on the rear. Grip is sufficient. Nobody is gonna want to throw it into corners anyway with this category of vehicles. 

Thing to note though the instrument cluster reads 200km range at half tank. 

To say it matches the performance of an EV is overstated. But compared to normal hybrids like the Prius this definitely have more Kick at midrange (50-90kmh)

Not gonna talk about pricing since that is for one to consider themselves.

Personally, if one is looking at hybrids, this is definitely the top choice at the moment considering all the bells & whistles.

The tech is sound, but driving hype on road is probably 6/10.

*Oh and Yes they do have spark plugs in the Engine* 🙂

Cheers. -

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6