[Official] 2021 11th Generation Honda Civic

Carbon82

seems like no news of the new civic in thailand at the moment, maybe they dont want to take any attention off the city hatch to be launched next week.

perhaps after that we can have some news while the Prachinburi factory tools up for the new civic .. 

↡ Advertisement

18 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Seems like a step backwards with this new Civic. I prefer the current design inside out.

the rear lamps are an improvement tho - but yeah, i'd prefer the current model's design. granted tho that i'm invested in the new avante already, but nonetheless, it doesn't look like i'd take this over the new avante/mazda 3 if judging just from externals

Edited by bonjin
  • Praise 1

About the outlook, the back got a stocky BMWish, ground hugging feel, not bad. 

The front still got that louhan fish kok tao impression. And looks to light or thin compared to the heavy rear. 

Side profile seems rear bias. 

So my previous impression still stands. Hope the actual production model can be an improvement, even a slight one can be of big effect. 

Edited by Phluvcat

2022-honda-civic-prototype.jpg

The 2022 Honda Civic sedan prototype features a brand-new front end with a more pronounced grille and sharper headlights with LED daytime running accents (there’s a light demonstration in our first look video). The new cues are meant to give the Civic a meaner look, while also keeping the design relatively simple. The rest of the body, meanwhile, maintains the same athletic proportions and low ride height as the 10th-generation model on which it's based, but looks a touch smoother with new side detailing, a crinkled C-pillar (a la Cadillac), and more pronounced detailing both front and back. Honda has told us the new design is meant to make the Civic look lower and wider than before, despite being almost identical in size to its predecessor.

The rear end of the Civic prototype is much bolder than before with larger split taillights (so long, light bar) within a smoked housing. We're not sure if the darker finish will carry over to production – at least, not on the base model. A subtle "trailing-edge" spoiler gives the Civic a more sweeping look in profile while helping with aerodynamics, and the dual exhaust tips on the prototype offer a sportier take. This car is finished in Solar Flare Pearl paint and includes 19-inch black wheels, both of which Honda will eventually offer on the production car.

Inside is where the 2022 Honda Civic sees the most dramatic changes. The lone rendering the company provided shows a flat, horizontal dash design and very few buttons. The goal, Honda says, was to maintain the Civic's focus on great ergonomics and visibility. According to designers, the overall theme is meant to mimic the simplistic layout of the all-electric Honda E’s interior.

The design itself previews modest changes to the trim pieces and overall layout. The most notable of the new elements is the honeycomb-like accent that stretches from below the touchscreen toward the passenger-side dash. Look closer and you’ll notice that the trim piece conceals the HVAC vents, giving the impression of one continuous design element. And rather than embedded within the dash, the touchscreen now sits atop it.

The central touchscreen inside of the Honda Civic grows from 7.0 inches in the current model to a more robust 9.0 inches here in the prototype. The new interior design also sees the larger screen move to the top of the dash, iPad-style, rather than embedded within it. The Civic is also the first Honda product to offer a completely digital instrument cluster.

• Praise 7

Internal Moderator
7 minutes ago, james1055 said:

The front looks like the PI Camry and the back looks nice but still not outstanding enough.

The nose looks like the new honda fit also.

• Praise 1

On 11/18/2020 at 4:11 PM, Carbon82 said:

Oh dearie me......

Tink the Kah Motors SE will be knocking on neighbouring Komoco's door to see if got vacancies

• Haha! 2

26 minutes ago, Soya said:

Oh dearie me......

Tink the Kah Motors SE will be knocking on neighbouring Komoco's door to see if got vacancies

Soo true 🤣 think the PI spec altis definitely looks better. Probably not the AD one. 

↡ Advertisement