[Official] 2021 11th Generation Honda Civic

Carbon82

46 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

2022-Honda-Civic-15.thumb.jpg.8d0fc8fd769dcc5c5d09d79598e0d3f6.jpg

Going back to its roots.

:D

image.thumb.png.3b442708e8cb1e6e4a3c6321d25cc66b.png

I prefer the root. Lol.

Ironically, I kpkb at the outgoing civic looks when first launch. Criticizing the fake vents and look like a hot wheels car. My ex neighbour then bought the 1.6 and after the mods, I kinda like it. I would have loved it if I were in my 20s. 

Now this new gen looks so mature. Not that it is not nice but it has those generic looks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I prefer the root. Lol.

Ironically, I kpkb at the outgoing civic looks when first launch. Criticizing the fake vents and look like a hot wheels car. My ex neighbour then bought the 1.6 and after the mods, I kinda like it. I would have loved it if I were in my 20s. 

Now this new gen looks so mature. Not that it is not nice but it has those generic looks

had the concerto as a family car when I was a kid, way back in the late 90s, lovely car and very well engineered product! Powerful for a 1.6 NA too!

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
21 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

had the concerto as a family car when I was a kid, way back in the late 90s, lovely car and very well engineered product! Powerful for a 1.6 NA too!

The Concerto is the forgooten Honda, just like this model Civic below.

Both may have been the best cars Honda every made in terms of reliability.

:D

Funnily looking at it again now, its looks just like a Honda City!

image.png.ffc6482df168b7b70dd66330be57e5eb.png

image.png.cbc5bd18817a4e8e86b958c7d2c7245d.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

First glance from the pic, it lacks the 'wow' factor. 2nd glance at the spec, again it lacks the 'wow' factor. 1.5T at 130hp? Is this a standard spec worldwide or it is detuned for Spore only?

I still like Honda car after owning one for > 13 yrs. Will i pay $125K for this civic? I find it hard to swallow. Perhaps it is about timing, too bad this model comes at a time when COE is going up. I doubt this car will sell in volume here. 

21 hours ago, kelaihoyin said:

That would be an interesting alternative. Surprisingly more torque (200Nm) from the 1.0TC than the upcoming detuned 1.5TC

What's the hp of the 1.0T? If above 130hp then it won't be in Cat A and so price will not be competitive.

• Praise 3

On 5/13/2021 at 9:22 AM, Thecarboy302 said:

Plus Avante being eligible for 15k VES rebate didn't hurt either, they can still price the car to undercut rivals. Wonder if down the road will the 1L turbo be available in this 11th gen Civic. 

Avante Elite selling at $106k with a $15k VES rebate. Civic 1.5T selling at $125k with VES neutral (I was informed by Honda SE)

Avante Elite OMV $21.5k approx, Civic 1.5T OMV unknown but based on current generation OMV is $26.4k. Seems to me margin for Avante is higher than the new Civic?

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Avante Elite selling at $106k with a $15k VES rebate. Civic 1.5T selling at $125k with VES neutral (I was informed by Honda SE)

Avante Elite OMV $21.5k approx, Civic 1.5T OMV unknown but based on current generation OMV is $26.4k. Seems to me margin for Avante is higher than the new Civic?

Yup, because of the comparatively low OMV and VES rebate, KMC can price Avante to undercut Japanese rivals yet still have higher margins. Win-win situation for them. 

• Praise 2

56 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Yup, because of the comparatively low OMV and VES rebate, KMC can price Avante to undercut Japanese rivals yet still have higher margins. Win-win situation for them. 

yes, even with thai sourced cars ..

in home country thailand is selling civics also at a premium - the basic non turbo civic also does not come with honda sensing ..

Supersonic
5 hours ago, Roh96 said:

First glance from the pic, it lacks the 'wow' factor. 2nd glance at the spec, again it lacks the 'wow' factor. 1.5T at 130hp? Is this a standard spec worldwide or it is detuned for Spore only?

I still like Honda car after owning one for > 13 yrs. Will i pay $125K for this civic? I find it hard to swallow. Perhaps it is about timing, too bad this model comes at a time when COE is going up. I doubt this car will sell in volume here. 

I find civic after the 2006 that era civic, no more wow factor liao.

41 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I find civic after the 2006 that era civic, no more wow factor liao.

The design, the engine or both? 🤭

On 5/13/2021 at 11:01 PM, Stratovarius said:

I prefer the root. Lol.

Photo?

13 hours ago, turbotan said:

Looks so much better with the lip and side skirt. To me at least…

The post taken down le leh...

Supercharged

Nice or not nice very obvious, just look how well it sells. Gen 8 sold like hot cake, gen 9 none existence on the road and gen 10 are selling well again.