[Official] 2021 11th Generation Honda Civic

Carbon82

(edited)

@kelaihoyin So your point is that 99% of dealers take the entire car VES rebate of $15k for themselves (which we cant actually be sure of). It is not correct for you to say that dealers take the entire $15k all of the time. Actually, you do not know how much they take whether it is $0, $15k or some of it.

One way to determine is to check the usual margin that a  dealer such as komoco or honda or whomever charges on a specific type of car, eg. civic or avante before the new VES rates came in. After that, check what is the margin after the VES rebate was revised to -$15k.

Edited by hansmith

2 hours ago, hansmith said:

@kelaihoyin So your point is that 99% of dealers take the entire car VES rebate of $15k for themselves (which we cant actually be sure of). It is not correct for you to say that dealers take the entire $15k all of the time. Actually, you do not know how much they take whether it is $0, $15k or some of it.

One way to determine is to check the usual margin that a  dealer such as komoco or honda or whomever charges on a specific type of car, eg. civic or avante before the new VES rates came in. After that, check what is the margin after the VES rebate was revised to -$15k.

Yes, I'm unsure in saying dealers take the entire $15k all the time, which is why I said this scenario remains debatable. 

What I know is the dealers DO take the $15k upfront. Anything downstream is an unknown.

Of course one could always be optimistic and say the full rebate will be pass down to buyers. 

Once a car is registered the VES band hardly changes. So is hard to see the "change" in margin.

One can take Skoda for example when their Scala(style/Monte Carlo) took a $20k reduction in pricing after getting into A2 band from B. 

However their Ambition trim also took a price cut (much more than COE difference), yet is still in the B band.

So how to define their real margin is anyone's guess.

At the end of the day if is a car you really desire, price is good and financials can afford, just go for it. 

• Praise 2

On 5/31/2021 at 11:49 AM, ZeroRing7 said:

Any idea if the headlamp is halogen projector or LED projector?

The image from KM doesn't look like LED reflector in Gen 10 1.5T

All-New_Civic_Model_Page_Banner_-_1920x888px_v2.jpg

Front  copy Tesla

Side copy BMW 3

Rear  copy Avante

(edited)

it needs the 48V battery ... without the batt ... it got no rebates ... $15K VES rebates ... 

Audi/VW/Seat/Skoda comes with 48V batt for their 1.5T

in terms of pricing .... entry conti will jiak this Honda TC for lunch and dinner

Edited by Wt_know

Neutral Newbie
27 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

I don't think so...Manual not much Market for B&B Cars.

Sad sia, i  miss the Civic FD 2010 drove till scrap last year. There  were 3 variants of manual civics (1.6, 1.8 and 2.0) when i bought my FD. Looks like a manual civic need to gt PI to help bring in

On 7/24/2021 at 9:26 PM, Ct3833 said:

Front  copy Tesla

Side copy BMW 3

Rear  copy Avante

The front look a bit like the new ah pek bo gey teeth new Jazz eeyeer! I actually quite like the design, even more than the avante and k3 but now that i have seen it cant unsee =X

image.thumb.png.e026e5970f024146ffe5ea82065bc456.png

image.thumb.png.f36adf9c233f3d6e2284eaa7ad87adc5.png

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, maxbuzz37 said:

Sad sia, i  miss the Civic FD 2010 drove till scrap last year. There  were 3 variants of manual civics (1.6, 1.8 and 2.0) when i bought my FD. Looks like a manual civic need to gt PI to help bring in

PI markup super high.

Neutral Newbie

153k can buy audi A4 liao wor. Better value for $$. Lol. Normal jap manual cars really cost u an arm or leg i. Sillypore

↡ Advertisement