[Official] 2021 11th Generation Honda Civic

Carbon82

11 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

pricing wise .... Mazda 6 is the best 

other models like Mazda 3 and CX-5 ... i think competitors provide better VFM

Mazda 6 2L ...  a good size family Sedan ... priced at $110K ... really no horse run

hearsay,  a tiny Golf already $130K .... LOL

Now car really expensive. I think i have been squeezed out of the market liao. 

↡ Advertisement

19 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

pricing wise .... Mazda 6 is the best 

other models like Mazda 3 and CX-5 ... i think competitors provide better VFM

Mazda 6 2L ...  a good size family Sedan ... priced at $110K ... really no horse run

hearsay,  a tiny Golf already $130K .... LOL

wow mazda 6 for 110K is really " value for money" if sold in this current COE price, large sedan for compact sedan price. Saw on sgcarmart, agent premium is 5 to 8%, if honda mark up price 5-8% also maybe got better fighting chance.

2 hours ago, Roh96 said:

I agree. Now is no turbo no talk. When you say hugging NA engine like sacred cow, it reminds me of Mazda brand. One of the few that still sticking to NA and 6 speed GB.

mazda 6speed auto is so nice.

7 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Seat still not well know in SG i think, Skoda on the other hand gaining more sales in SG.

Come on Honda, show the Europeans Japanese still can compete!

This one is not honda's fault... Is Kah Motor prefer to eat small quantity but high margin on each transaction! PI probably opposite (smaller margin, larger quantity).

13 hours ago, Shouyi said:

Hope to see PI bring in JDM Civic hatch with the 182ps 1.5T engine. 

Likely will as that the real deal Civic but more expensive coz will be CAT B COE, if not really want ask PI to help indent lor. I think JDM only got hatchback version which the rear design and rear light slightly different.

Really lose face for SG and Kah Motor AD Civic, MIT version more expensive yet reduce engine power to match CAT A, unique Singapore, I think we are the only nation that have this kind of engine setup for the new Civic despite 1.5T. 🤣🤣

Edited by Fellows
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Fellows said:

Likely will as that the real deal Civic but more expensive coz will be CAT B COE, if not really want ask PI to help indent lor. I think JDM only got hatchback version which the rear design and rear light slightly different.

Really lose face for SG and Kah Motor AD Civic, MIT version more expensive yet reduce engine power to match CAT A, unique Singapore, I think we are the only nation that have this kind of engine setup for the new Civic despite 1.5T. 🤣🤣

Not true la. If i am not wrong, this same 1.5T engine on the new FE Civic is used in China too as their base model (to replace the outgoing 1.0T 3 cylinder). 

Back then in the FD days, the 1.6L engine is also not uniquely developed for Singapore. If you read the manual, I recall seeing one more country getting the same 1.6L engine.

KM has a tendency to react slower to market so far. Most cases, they only start bringing in the car when PI sell like hot cakes. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, Shouyi said:

Hope to see PI bring in JDM Civic hatch with the 182ps 1.5T engine. 

Seriously, how many 1.5turbo civics are running around Singapore as we speak? It’s so rare to even spot a hatchback civic which is available only in 1.5turbo. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Zxcvb said:

Seriously, how many 1.5turbo civics are running around Singapore as we speak? It’s so rare to even spot a hatchback civic which is available only in 1.5turbo. 

Normally I see more hatchback type r than normal 1.5 turbo hatchback civic 

Edited by Confusedboi

2 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Normally I see more hatchback type r than normal 1.5 turbo hatchback civic 

because those who really care for the 1.5 turbo definitely wants power

stylo mylo vtec kick in yo ... 

else ... normal honda is just for soccer mom/dad ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

Honda is reliable.. though the markup I feel is not worth it.

I drove a 1.4T with DCT previously and swapped it eventually for a Mazda 2.0NA w 6 speed AT cos of the frustration with the DCT (cannot creep, unresponsive in stop go traffic, wear and tear on the clutch etc). 

now enjoying my Mazda handling and relatively bulletproof AT. I only miss the turbo on the highways. No regrets whatsoever for me.

Edited by shawn207
  • Praise 1

On 8/9/2021 at 11:42 AM, Ahtea said:

Not true la. If i am not wrong, this same 1.5T engine on the new FE Civic is used in China too as their base model (to replace the outgoing 1.0T 3 cylinder). 

Back then in the FD days, the 1.6L engine is also not uniquely developed for Singapore. If you read the manual, I recall seeing one more country getting the same 1.6L engine.

KM has a tendency to react slower to market so far. Most cases, they only start bringing in the car when PI sell like hot cakes. 

think the fd 1.6L engine was also made for Egypt and Turkey market as well plus Singapore.

FD4 was brought in later after the initial launch of 1.8litre and the 2.0 litre models. Visually no difference between 1.6/1.8 and 2.0 litre models other than the badging so 1.6 litre became the most popular model  as can slot into CAT A.

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

think the fd 1.6L engine was also made for Egypt and Turkey market as well plus Singapore.

FD4 was brought in later after the initial launch of 1.8litre and the 2.0 litre models. Visually no difference between 1.6/1.8 and 2.0 litre models other than the badging so 1.6 litre became the most popular model  as can slot into CAT A.

Yea, thanks for filling the gap up on the countries which are getting the 1.6L engine on the FD.

Yes, it was meant to fill up the Cat A gap. I think the popularity of the 1.6L isnt quite there though, more people still went for the 1.8L especially during the time when Cat B COE was quite close to Cat A prices. I recalled 1.6L -> 1.8L was a $3k price difference, but lacked a lot of stuffs like a bigger front disc brakes, factory fitted HU etc. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1