[Official] 2021 11th Generation Honda Civic

Carbon82

On 8/22/2021 at 12:28 AM, Penknife said:

Nonetheless I tot it’ll make sense if they uses the 1l turbo engine instead. Pay even lesser road tax. 

Normally, 1.0 liter turbocharged engines will end up being VES band C1 or C2 due to more polluting.

There will be a very hefty VES surcharge to pay on the car. So, it doesnt make sense.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Acty it's avail in other markets...

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/honda/civic

Hearsay 1.0T will be discontinued on Civic and will be replaced by a detuned 1.5T in some markets like China. 

1 hour ago, hansmith said:

Normally, 1.0 liter turbocharged engines will end up being VES band C1 or C2 due to more polluting.

There will be a very hefty VES surcharge to pay on the car. So, it doesnt make sense.

Honda City 1.0T was said to be in VES Band C1 if brought in hence Kah stuck to 1.5 NA, so even if Civic had a 1.0T, I don't think it will fare any better. 

• Praise 1

On 8/24/2021 at 5:44 PM, Thecarboy302 said:

Hearsay 1.0T will be discontinued on Civic and will be replaced by a detuned 1.5T in some markets like China. 

Honda City 1.0T was said to be in VES Band C1 if brought in hence Kah stuck to 1.5 NA, so even if Civic had a 1.0T, I don't think it will fare any better. 

Yes, the 1.0T will be discontinued in China and replaced with the same detuned 1.5T engine which we will be getting in Singapore.

1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

hm so far no local reviews on the new civic yet i guess?

Cant wait to see how the reviewers judge the new detuned civic😁

According to the SE i met at Alexandra, she told me the earliest time to see the car in the grounds of the showroom is sometime in September 2021. I guess it will be then the car would be made available for journalist to do a test drive and review.

• Praise 2

On 8/31/2021 at 8:55 PM, Confusedboi said:

I won’t be too distracted by the “detuned” Civic. Will judge the car on its own merits n not comparing against the “fully tuned” version.

That’s the trouble with our local buyers, always comparing with overseas versions n lamenting why Country A has this, Country B has that etc. No point comparing as we will then always feel short changed. It is what it is here so we got to accept it. 

Personally, I don’t see how bad can Civic turbo even “detuned” be as the main competitors are mostly NA engines albeit cheaper like Altis, Mz3, Avante etc

• Praise 5

46 minutes ago, Spring said:

I won’t be too distracted by the “detuned” Civic. Will judge the car on its own merits n not comparing against the “fully tuned” version.

That’s the trouble with our local buyers, always comparing with overseas versions n lamenting why Country A has this, Country B has that etc. No point comparing as we will then always feel short changed. It is what it is here so we got to accept it. 

Personally, I don’t see how bad can Civic turbo even “detuned” be as the main competitors are mostly NA engines albeit cheaper like Altis, Mz3, Avante etc

well thats true, turbo engine will  also have advantage of additional torque too

• Praise 1

52 minutes ago, Spring said:

Personally I got no issues with detuning but more of the price point.

If they gonna price it in a Cat A category then 126k is a hard sell when I get get other brands with a "real" 1.5T engine under Cat B.

Is no Honda and not comparing brand perception, but features wise comparable.

I guess by detuning they are not trying to win over customers looking at performance, but rather at the same buyers that would have look at 1.6NA either way, those that wouldn't care much about whether they get peak torque at lower RPMs etc. These buyers I believe certainly won't be paying 20k more for a slightly better drivetrain. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Because it also have to win VW also?

On 8/24/2021 at 4:16 PM, hansmith said:

Not true that all 1 liter turbo engine are C1/C2 VES bands. The emission also depends on the engine technology, weight, rims and aerodynamic.

If u see conti or korean 1.0T models, most are B or A bands. 

• Praise 2

On 8/31/2021 at 8:55 PM, Confusedboi said:

Sgcarmart and ST sure say very good. And pick some inconsequential thing to gei gao with...

Eg. K3 review the sole con was that the rear of driver seat don't have a pocket...

Better to just test drive :D

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Sgcarmart and ST sure say very good. And pick some inconsequential thing to gei gao with...

Eg. K3 review the sole con was that the rear of driver seat don't have a pocket...

Better to just test drive :D

Ya sia, seems like every car review on sgcarmart YouTube is “will buy” lol

On 9/3/2021 at 6:58 AM, turbotan said:

Ya sia, seems like every car review on sgcarmart YouTube is “will buy” lol

lol true , almost every car reviewed is will buy or go try , the only one i recall is clear cut  dont buy is the opel astra.

23 hours ago, Totota said:

@Weenemone personally i rather go for the octavia 1.5 tsi I saw a few in neighbourhood. Short listing best3 Go for spin drive and then decision is clear

octavia is a good choice at that price range.