[Official] 2021 11th Generation Honda Civic

Carbon82

On 9/23/2021 at 9:59 PM, Columbian78 said:

I have a question.

Are the light bulbs in this civic (in the photo) xenon or halogen? I always thought this type is xenon. Just that the colour tone is warm 3k instead of cool 6k. Halogen bulbs are those smaller bulbs inserted into reflective surrounds.

This is what I always assumed are xenon bulbs:

1497897846_xenonlight.jpg.c808d66dbf4b51e93dbfa2895641659b.jpg

I assumed this is halogen:

2123311480_halogenlight.thumb.jpg.0e60db25a39aab0eb4cc130dea7f6826.jpg

There are halogen projector headlamp that output the light beam more evenly as opposed to reflector type headlight. 

Another benefit of halogen projector is that it may accept drop-in LED or HID bulb retrofit, without blinding the front car which happens if u try to do that on a reflector type headlamp.

• Praise 1

On 9/23/2021 at 10:28 PM, Confusedboi said:

lol according to all the honda old birds for honda got pattern one, even number generation is good, odd number generation is not so good , like 6th gen ek series, 8th gen fd series, 10th gen fc series are good.🤣

thats why most common civic on the road still 8th gen and 10th gen mostly, 9th gen and 7th gen hardly see them around.

Small number of 6th gen civic or older are still around

7th gen, 9th gen and this new 11th gen so so only

quite true 

don't think i see any 9th gen anymore

I agree that the blue colour display civic at Kah Motor looks ugly  but the RS model in thailand with dark tinted windows and black rims makes the civic looks much better, IMHO. 

FB_IMG_1632745246889.jpg

FB_IMG_1632745238565.jpg

FB_IMG_1632745229524.jpg

FB_IMG_1632745221418.jpg

Edited by Danielk
Correction
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Danielk said:

I agree that the blue colour display civic at Kah Motor looks ugly  but the RS model in thailand with dark tinted windows and black rims makes the civic looks much better, IMHO. 

FB_IMG_1632745246889.jpg

FB_IMG_1632745238565.jpg

FB_IMG_1632745229524.jpg

FB_IMG_1632745221418.jpg

Thought it looks like the avante?! 😅

I think I'm the rare few who actually think the 2022 civic looks quite nice haha (but again I'm a new car shopper)

I think it looks better in White and the grey (meteoric grey?) colour. The side silhouette feels a bit sleeker, almost like they've been modelling the BM 3 series look. The front looks very un-honda-ish as they were looking for a clean minimalist look which I think is nice and not messed up like the new Jazz.

I appreciate the new modern interior design and spacious backseats/boot for a C segment car and don't mind the engine config (I'm a new driver, just need a BnB).

But my qualms is with the pricing. I would pull the trigger if it was in the mid 110k range. Kah must be really really confident of the Honda brand to make such a generous markup.

For a simple driver I'll rather look at the Korean cars, Mazdas in the 100s range or the entry contis (Skoda, Seat) in the 120s range (Cat B).

Edited by Weenemone
  • Praise 3

37 minutes ago, Weenemone said:

I think I'm the rare few who actually think the 2022 civic looks quite nice haha (but again I'm a new car shopper)

I think it looks better in White and the grey (meteoric grey?) colour. The side silhouette feels a bit sleeker, almost like they've been modelling the BM 3 series look. The front looks very un-honda-ish as they were looking for a clean minimalist look which I think is nice and not messed up like the new Jazz.

I appreciate the new modern interior design and spacious backseats/boot for a C segment car and don't mind the engine config (I'm a new driver, just need a BnB).

But my qualms is with the pricing. I would pull the trigger if it was in the mid 110k range. Kah must be really really confident of the Honda brand to make such a generous markup.

For a simple driver I'll rather look at the Korean cars, Mazdas in the 100s range or the entry contis (Skoda, Seat) in the 120s range (Cat B).

i like it too and agree with u look better in white and meteor grey and also feel a bit sleeker. actually it look much better when u see it in person.

but i also like the 10th gen too

@turbotan 

7 hours ago, turbotan said:

i like it too and agree with u look better in white and meteor grey and also feel a bit sleeker. actually it look much better when u see it in person.

but i also like the 10th gen too

Comparing 10th and 11th gen. 10th is more sleeker especially the tail.

20210928_212912.jpg

• Praise 2

seriously, who is paying $125K ... [hur] 

still got the cheek to say tune to meet Cat A COE ... 

2021-10-02_135316.jpg

2021-10-02_135400.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 9

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

seriously, who is paying $125K ... [hur] 

still got the cheek to say tune to meet Cat A COE ... 

2021-10-02_135316.jpg

2021-10-02_135400.jpg

uniquely singapore, pay more for less..

Think its safe to say this civic will struggle to sell in the face of current competition, its neither value for money against korean and japanese rivals (  hyundai avante/ kia cerato, mazda 3, toyota corolla altis) or powerful enough for its price tag vs entry level conti's like skoda octavia

Or Kah motor just bite the bullet and bring it original tune and leave Civic as CAT B car, to accompany the Accord. CAT A just let the honda city and vezel/HRV take that slot

The new accord is not selling well also.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

uniquely singapore, pay more for less..

Think its safe to say this civic will struggle to sell in the face of current competition, its neither value for money against korean and japanese rivals (  hyundai avante/ kia cerato, mazda 3, toyota corolla altis) or powerful enough for its price tag vs entry level conti's like skoda octavia

Or Kah motor just bite the bullet and bring it original tune and leave Civic as CAT B car, to accompany the Accord. CAT A just let the honda city and vezel/HRV take that slot

The new accord is not selling well also.

"Maybe after Register the Car,Kah Motor will sell Owner a Tune Up like Audi's Agent using MTM Maps to ''Restore'' the Power to Accord Level,180 Bhp...cost about $4,500...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2