[Official] 2021 11th Generation Honda Civic

Carbon82

1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

Should compare to the accord. Thestraightpipes did it was quite funny =D

Oh no i stand corrected! It's throttle house that did that funny joke about how similar they looked! From 5:54 onwards =D

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

"Maybe after Register the Car,Kah Motor will sell Owner a Tune Up like Audi's Agent using MTM Maps to ''Restore'' the Power to Accord Level,180 Bhp...cost about $4,500...

Havent heard that they offer this yet leh! =D

2 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

"Maybe after Register the Car,Kah Motor will sell Owner a Tune Up like Audi's Agent using MTM Maps to ''Restore'' the Power to Accord Level,180 Bhp...cost about $4,500...

thats one way to boost sales for this civic😆

10 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

thats one way to boost sales for this civic😆

It is a good Way..since Cat A COE are much Cheaper than Cat B...if i not wrong..The Accord's 1.5 Litres Turbo Engine..should be almost the same as Civic's Engine...& many knew a ECU ReFlash bring wonders to a Turbocharged Car...so maybe Kah Motor can offer a Mugen Tuning for Future Civic Owners..but off course cannot let LTA know.

On 9/26/2021 at 3:01 PM, Jamesc said:

So stylish

image.thumb.png.97ecab21e3971934f67002483c35fbd2.png

Not so stylish

image.thumb.png.625e5d7e65768f311152c5a5e58c539e.png

I think Honda need a new designer, look at KIA after they hired if I am not wrong the Audi designer, their car is like wow, Japanese car in term of design have no match today, Koreans taking bolder steps, in design while adding in more tech yet Japanese still conservative.

Just look at the new 2021 Vezel design that PI bring in which AD still slowly not bringing in yet vs 2021 KIA Sportage. The answer is very obvious already. 

Edited by Fellows
  • Praise 1

17 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

uniquely singapore, pay more for less..

Think its safe to say this civic will struggle to sell in the face of current competition, its neither value for money against korean and japanese rivals (  hyundai avante/ kia cerato, mazda 3, toyota corolla altis) or powerful enough for its price tag vs entry level conti's like skoda octavia

Or Kah motor just bite the bullet and bring it original tune and leave Civic as CAT B car, to accompany the Accord. CAT A just let the honda city and vezel/HRV take that slot

The new accord is not selling well also.

Seriously speaking I don’t even see much Honda Accord on the road, so far I saw less than 10, who will buy at that kind of price? I rather buy the new FL 2021 Camry from either AD which is MIT or PI MIJ which there is quite a lot on the road. I would say they can safely remove Accord on their product list and nobody will notice it anyway. 

This new MIT Civic for this price and equipment, take a step back then you look at the road now, mostly Hyundai Avante S trim or Elite trim which include more things that the more expensive Civic don’t offer, then we also have the new FL 2021 KIA K3 GT-Line that have everything included that is lesser than $120K.

Maybe Civic fan appreciate this 2021 AD civic or just go for PI MIJ Civic Hatchback that have the proper 1.5T engine and higher trim option with full LED lights, if not I don’t see how they can compete in terms of price, equipment, design with AVANTE and K3.

I also saw a few PI 2021 Honda Vezel, the front is very polarising due to its flat front grill and Kah Motors haven’t even start selling while more and more PI FL vezel on the road. 

Idk what is Honda AD Kah Motors logic and thinking, even same for Toyota AD BM, the FL 2020 Toyota Corolla Altis is not as much on the road these days, what I notice is I see AVANTE everywhere. 🤣

Edited by Fellows
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fellows said:

Seriously speaking I don’t even see much Honda Accord on the road, so far I saw less than 10, who will buy at that kind of price? I rather buy the new FL 2021 Camry from either AD which is MIT or PI MIJ which there is quite a lot on the road. I would say they can safely remove Accord on their product list and nobody will notice it anyway. 

This new MIT Civic for this price and equipment, take a step back then you look at the road now, mostly Hyundai Avante S trim or Elite trim which include more things that the more expensive Civic don’t offer, then we also have the new FL 2021 KIA K3 GT-Line that have everything included that is lesser than $120K.

Maybe Civic fan appreciate this 2021 AD civic or just go for PI MIJ Civic Hatchback that have the proper 1.5T engine and higher trim option with full LED lights, if not I don’t see how they can compete in terms of price, equipment, design with AVANTE and K3.

I also saw a few PI 2021 Honda Vezel, the front is very polarising due to its flat front grill and Kah Motors haven’t even start selling while more and more PI FL vezel on the road. 

Idk what is Honda AD Kah Motors logic and thinking, even same for Toyota AD BM, the FL 2020 Toyota Corolla Altis is not as much on the road these days, what I notice is I see AVANTE everywhere. 🤣

In terms of design and safety features, korean cars win jap cars like altis la. You see their higher spec for the new avante and new cerato, even the higher spec of altis also lose. People who buy jap car like civic and altis is for the sake of buying the brand?! Lol.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

In terms of design and safety features, korean cars win jap cars like altis la. You see their higher spec for the new avante and new cerato, even the higher spec of altis also lose. People who buy jap car like civic and altis is for the sake of buying the brand?! Lol.

it's a perception that japs > koreans  .... 

actually for the past few years i already switch my mind that korean car is [thumbsup] 

especially korean car "follow" (kind of copycat) european car style and functionality ... ie: KIA

japs ... still die die keep to their tradition ... sushi for life!

korean BBQ is yummy ... following german pork knuckles ... LOL

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

it's a perception that japs > koreans  .... 

actually for the past few years i already switch my mind that korean car is [thumbsup] 

especially korean car "follow" (kind of copycat) european car style and functionality ... ie: KIA

japs ... still die die keep to their tradition ... sushi for life!

korean BBQ is yummy ... following german pork knuckles ... LOL

True, korean cars design really getting nicer. However jap cars design is going backward. Cannot find any jap car recent years with the wow factor?!

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

True, korean cars design really getting nicer. However jap cars design is going backward. Cannot find any jap car recent years with the wow factor?!

not just style … even engine and turbo tech

KIA and Hyundai are following Conti very closely. 

• Praise 1

On 9/28/2021 at 1:25 PM, Weenemone said:

I think I'm the rare few who actually think the 2022 civic looks quite nice haha (but again I'm a new car shopper)

I think it looks better in White and the grey (meteoric grey?) colour. The side silhouette feels a bit sleeker, almost like they've been modelling the BM 3 series look. The front looks very un-honda-ish as they were looking for a clean minimalist look which I think is nice and not messed up like the new Jazz.

I appreciate the new modern interior design and spacious backseats/boot for a C segment car and don't mind the engine config (I'm a new driver, just need a BnB).

But my qualms is with the pricing. I would pull the trigger if it was in the mid 110k range. Kah must be really really confident of the Honda brand to make such a generous markup.

For a simple driver I'll rather look at the Korean cars, Mazdas in the 100s range or the entry contis (Skoda, Seat) in the 120s range (Cat B).

At this price point, they will lose a lot of customers to avante.

48 minutes ago, Jumpmanz said:

and not only that, because it is such a poor proposition at this price point, i reckon it's going to encourage competitors like komoco to up their prices too - so in the end, we the consumers just end up losing all around

1 hour ago, Jumpmanz said:

With the facelift cerato just launched, they will lose even more customers.

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

I still very much prefer the cleaner and simpler (IMO more lasting) look for the Mazda 3 over the Avantes/Ceratos!

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Wt_know said:

not just style … even engine and turbo tech

KIA and Hyundai are following Conti very closely. 

If not because of Different COE & CEV Surcharge,the 1.6 Turbo in Hyundai & Kia,will make even a better Car...i mean Avante & K3 Turbo.

Edited by ER-3682

Honda Civic review from Strait times did mention that a higher power civic may avaliable next year. Hopefully it is the hatchback version which is the same as Honda jdm that is 1.5 turbo 180bhp and come with both CVT and manual option. 

All the while. I always find the hatchback civic version is much nicer. From gen 9, gen 10 and the current gen 11.

Trying to imagine how much kah motor will price type R if they are  really bringing it in.. guessing 160-170k sgd around there onwards.

Edited by Confusedboi
↡ Advertisement