[Official] 2021 11th Generation Honda Civic

Carbon82

26 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Trying to imagine how much kah motor will price type R if they are  really bringing it in.. guessing 160-170k sgd around there onwards.

Wait long long.

No 200 no talk

↡ Advertisement

24 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Wait long long.

No 200 no talk

Haha , ya lor. Coe cat b already going up and up. Confirm $220-40k at least

Edited by turbotan
  • Praise 1

Current type R omv 45k++ and the price already 220k based on current coe 70k.Type R also have a surcharge of +20k due to banding. So price should be around there. No 200k no talk. 

Strangly. Kah motor did not sell type R anymore since Aug 2020 although all units they have been snapped up by buyers. 

Hi all just wanna share my experience after viewing the 11th Gen, coming from a 10th gen FC civic. Looks are subjective and contrary to popular views, i find the civic pretty in its own way. The new modulo bodykit supplements it well and the interior is refreshed, giving it a premium feel. Leather seats are so soft and comfortable and you can see the direction that honda is going for it's interior which is comfort. Door panels feel cheap with many hard plastics. However, steering wheel quality now feels so much better. Coming from a 1.6NA, the 1.5T detuned turbo still feels like an upgrade. CVT "lag" is mitigated by the additional torque and the Honda sensing features are good additions. There are even front cameras now that can show u the distance to object infront of you (similar to contis). Infotainment system is so much premium and no more dinosaur tech. However, the pricing is the main let down. If the specs for this car came with the full cat B 180bhp, sunroof, powered and ventilated seats,  LED lights and 17" rims i might consider. But at this price point, i feel there are better options (coming from a civic fanboy). 

• Praise 5

14 hours ago, geraldlimm said:

Coming from a 1.6NA, the 1.5T detuned turbo still feels like an upgrade. CVT "lag" is mitigated by the additional torque and the Honda sensing features are good additions.  

thumbs up for the good points but am i missing something about honda sensing - it seems not to have the "basic" blind spot monitor (the "usual" orange icon light up in the door mirrors)?

or its there but i didnt realise?

Edited by Mooose

@Mooose Thanks bro :) They do not have the "basic" blind spot monitoring unfortunately. They are still using lane watch which only accounts for the blind spot of the left side of the car. The rest of the honda sensing features similar to what u get in Avante and Mazda 3. Cheers! 

I think another important thing that will deter most buyers is that even though it is a Cat A car, the high omv means buyer got to fork out 40% down payment. This automatically rule out a lot of buyer considering this car

Example even if it is price at 100k u gotta fork out $40k compare to a Korean car full spec at 95k need to fork out 28.5k

Edited by turbotan
  • Praise 2

18 hours ago, geraldlimm said:

Hi all just wanna share my experience after viewing the 11th Gen, coming from a 10th gen FC civic. Looks are subjective and contrary to popular views, i find the civic pretty in its own way. The new modulo bodykit supplements it well and the interior is refreshed, giving it a premium feel. Leather seats are so soft and comfortable and you can see the direction that honda is going for it's interior which is comfort. Door panels feel cheap with many hard plastics. However, steering wheel quality now feels so much better. Coming from a 1.6NA, the 1.5T detuned turbo still feels like an upgrade. CVT "lag" is mitigated by the additional torque and the Honda sensing features are good additions. There are even front cameras now that can show u the distance to object infront of you (similar to contis). Infotainment system is so much premium and no more dinosaur tech. However, the pricing is the main let down. If the specs for this car came with the full cat B 180bhp, sunroof, powered and ventilated seats,  LED lights and 17" rims i might consider. But at this price point, i feel there are better options (coming from a civic fanboy). 

hi when did you get your 10th gen civic? if you bought it in 2016 or 2017 think just keep your car until the 12 th gen comes up which will probably be around 2025 around there.

the 12the gen should be much better, after all honda pattern is even number generation is normally a leap forward or evolution of the car, every 2 generations there will be  big change normally

@Confusedboi Got it in June 2019 FL! Heard from my SE a lot of ppl changed from 1.6NA to the new one, some even went from the 180bhp 1.5T to the new detuned one. But KM quoted me a super low price for my car valuation so not gonna happen anytime soon 

21 minutes ago, geraldlimm said:

@Confusedboi Got it in June 2019 FL! Heard from my SE a lot of ppl changed from 1.6NA to the new one, some even went from the 180bhp 1.5T to the new detuned one. But KM quoted me a super low price for my car valuation so not gonna happen anytime soon 

Try quotz sell by bidding, I got a good price for my previous car. Definitely better than what KM quote

3 minutes ago, geraldlimm said:

Oh wow your car only 2 plus years old, so fast you thinking of changing already 😆?  You should probably keep your car until 5th year at  least as car dealers will lowball a lot if your car is still relatively “new.” Personally I won’t be able to tahan “ downgrade” from 180bhp to 123bhp. The difference is too much already. Before my current COE 8th gen civic, previous car old Ford Focus bhp was only 99bhp and was really too slow off the line. Change to 150 ish bhp can feel the immediate difference lol.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Oh wow your car only 2 plus years old, so fast you thinking of changing already 😆?  You should probably keep your car until 5th year at  least as car dealers will lowball a lot if your car is still relatively “new.” Personally I won’t be able to tahan “ downgrade” from 180bhp to 123bhp. The difference is too much already. Before my current COE 8th gen civic, previous car old Ford Focus bhp was only 99bhp and was really too slow off the line. Change to 150 ish bhp can feel the immediate difference lol.

For me, 11gen feel like a massive upgrade over my 8th gen FD

2 hours ago, turbotan said:

For me, 11gen feel like a massive upgrade over my 8th gen FD

well interior and refinement is much better plus the safety aids for sure I guess. Only thing lacking for 11th gen is the power and the higher asking price.

22 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

well interior and refinement is much better plus the safety aids for sure I guess. Only thing lacking for 11th gen is the power and the higher asking price.

Well comparing to the FD1 I’m not really missing the 11 horses difference, torque on the 11th is slightly better and the overall drive and handling is much better too. 

After driving it for more than a week I’m not missing my FD at all.

comparing to the 10th gen turbo of course it’s another story itself and the yah the price now…..