[Official] 2021 11th Generation Honda Civic

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

COE price for CAT A went pass 50K for COE alone, cant imagine what will the new price be for the civic. 

I guess looking back its "good " thing for Kah motor they didnt bring in the original spec civic with 180 bhp that falls under CAT B since CAT B COE is now already 80K plus alone.

Not a good time for the new civic to launch in the market. If coe is $50k and the altis is priced at $120k, then civic should be at least $140k liao? Since civic is $10k-20k higher?

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement

TC can tune more while NA limited

6 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

I wonder why they dont just offer the non TC version to compete with the other 1.6NA competition... TC then detune really very eng ah...

2 hours ago, lexiton said:

TC can tune more while NA limited

Yes indeed. But Kah ADs like to take out alot of features and sell high high, so it's surprising to me that such a high spec (altho detuned) is being offered... The previous gen civic came in both NA and TC, Cat A and B... But this time only TC...

10 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

I wonder why they dont just offer the non TC version to compete with the other 1.6NA competition... TC then detune really very eng ah...

Could it be that there no more 1.6NA engine? The previous generation 1.6 NA sold locally was fitted with an old engine of a previous generation which was criticised n imagine if they still using if if it were still available! I believe it was from the FD time if not mistaken.

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Yes correct the previous gen 1.6 NA was carried over since FD civic era R16 engine from 2006 tech levels . 

what ... paying 2021 top dollars for a 15 years old tech ... must be sibei shiok ... 

XMM also become lao auntie liao .. 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Could it be that there no more 1.6NA engine? The previous generation 1.6 NA sold locally was fitted with an old engine of a previous generation which was criticised n imagine if they still using if if it were still available! I believe it was from the FD time if not mistaken.

I guess criticised here in a car forum, but not a deal breaker for normal consumers. I presume sales were quite good for 10th Gen 1.6 civic. At least I see them everywhere on the road.

12 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Actually I was wondering since 10th gen, why isn't the non-TC 1.5L DI NA fitted to Vezel and Jazz 1.5 used to replace the old 1.6 block in the Civic since on paper the 1.5 produces more torque and power than old 1.6 as well. 

Haha maybe if they bring in the 1.6NA and sell at 125k and now (cause of COE up up up) soon in excess of 140k, kenna scolded even more..

Maybe the 1.6NA will eventually be sold, but they have too much existing stock of the prev gen that need to clear first :)

Edited by yellowshaun
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Haha maybe if they bring in the 1.6NA and sell at 125k and now (cause of COE up up up) soon in excess of 140k, kenna scolded even more..

not likely as thailand is not building civic with the NA engine now, only the 1.5 turbo .. the previous generation civic, the factory built both NA (although the 1.8) and 1.5 turbo for the domestic market.

probably streamlined the production line with only one basic (1.5 turbo) engine ..

Edited by Mooose

16 hours ago, 13177 said:

Not a good time for the new civic to launch in the market. If coe is $50k and the altis is priced at $120k, then civic should be at least $140k liao? Since civic is $10k-20k higher?

list price 133,099 for new civic, price up by 8K

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_listing.php?MOD=honda+civic&PR1=0&PR2=&DEP=&VT=Any&DT=Any

bye bye to sales😓

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

50 minutes ago, Acegab said:

PI all turbo version

price wise about 47k difference

bhp difference about 55bhp

normal stage 1 tuning for 11th gen should hit the same as a stock 10th gen bhp, probably cost cheaper than 47k though

Edited by lexiton
↡ Advertisement