Do You Miss Flying?

Old-driver

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Target end of this year go? Lol.

Cannot also, no self-driving during Nov to Feb. Snowing period unless follow their tour.  :wut:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
46 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Hearsay China is allowing visitors from Green Zone countries.  Singapore could be 1 of the Green Zone countries.

How will they even classify Singapore as green zone with our daily 3 digits new cases?

Hypersonic
13 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Cannot also, no self-driving during Nov to Feb. Snowing period unless follow their tour.  :wut:

Where no self-driving?

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

I don't know how to explain the two half balls

so maybe picture better to show lah.

Some plane they give you ice cream

made from fresh milk in small nice cups.

I like to see the ice cream and always smile

at the stewardess and ask for 2 lah.

So its 2 half balls of ice cream lah.

:grin:

image.thumb.png.a9d686517d0af0ae63269c0664a72643.png

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Some people like to see the cherry on top

but I think maybe only first class have chance to see this.

My company stingy and I never sit in first class

so I never see.

:grin:

image.thumb.png.d3bae8f03fe78911d68831d6646215ff.png

So nice.  I am gonna request for it the next time I fly.  If got nicer one I gpgt here :D

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Tohto said:

How will they even classify Singapore as green zone with our daily 3 digits new cases?

No idea.  That was the hearsay i read on ZB.

Supersonic
25 minutes ago, Tohto said:

China and sg relationship very good ma, they do not look at the number of new cases we have? Lol.

Hypersonic
47 minutes ago, 13177 said:

China and sg relationship very good ma, they do not look at the number of new cases we have? Lol.

Currently, all visitor and China citizen to China will be quarantined for 14 days, all on own expense. 

I'd put a pin in any wide spread international travel for the next 6 months.

All this talk of green channels, travel bubbles etc mostly concerns restricted and limited essential travel arrangements, not general travel.

For international travel to kick off, we'll need quarantine removal on all destinations, including those we transit through. Also I'm sure most people wouldn't drive up to Malacca if it entailed a mandatory nasopharyngeal swab for the whole family in a JB clinic & 4 hrs waiting time for the results.

It sucks for sure!

43 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Currently, all visitor and China citizen to China will be quarantined for 14 days, all on own expense. 

I don't think they allow any visitors.

Some time in March was the last deadline for those with valid resident visa to return to China.

I'm considering August-September type time for essential travel only, without quarantines.

I need to get to HK, even Malaysia, to sort out a couple of problems as a SG listed/confirmed Essential Services provider. I hope this, together with some kind of testing, will allow at least essential business travel to begin.

Holidays are highly unlikely this year. Even if, by miracle, they will be technically approved with, for example, quick testing etc., I believe high flight prices will make them too expensive.

Many people will still remain scared of flying as it is likely many airlines will not employ Social Distancing measures and would, instead, fly potentially at full capacity. I think Lufthansa, for example, said that A/C filtering on new aircraft is so good, virus spread is highly unlikely given everybody is also forced to wear masks throughout.

4 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I dont really miss flying but I miss travelling as a whole.  Even a drive to malacca is ok for me.

This.

The flight/check-in/security itself, I can usually live without, except when I can sail right through. EU flights are a bit tedious but they used to come with good service and able to catch a couple of new films.

I more miss lounge drinks, flight drinks, expense account drinks (oh..... food too), some nice hotels (some, crap) and some very enjoyable times out with friends and clients.

An overseas trip to a new place with the family once a year, is also a great experience but again, not the flight itself.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Can go... pulau ubin, sentosa. Kusu island [:p]

Can we go to ubin and kusu island during phase 1 of post CB?

3 hours ago, Tohto said:

Where no self-driving?

Hokkaido

The tour company where I always booked was "Follow Me Japan". Very good services provided and the hotels they gave minimum 4*.

They won't let you do self-drive when there are snow in Hokkaido. Unless you go on your own and book a rental car upon reaching any of Hokkaido airports.

If you still want to see snow then they can arrange in Feb as by then the road is not covered with snow but on sidewalks. But still slippery & wet. Cautious driving still required.

Hypersonic

I think if MY and SG turn the corner together, and maybe Q4 can restart back domestic tourism, the causeway will be super crowded during december holidays.

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Hokkaido

The tour company where I always booked was "Follow Me Japan". Very good services provided and the hotels they gave minimum 4*.

They won't let you do self-drive when there are snow in Hokkaido. Unless you go on your own and book a rental car upon reaching any of Hokkaido airports.

If you still want to see snow then they can arrange in Feb as by then the road is not covered with snow but on sidewalks. But still slippery & wet. Cautious driving still required.

Oh. OK.

I thought due to Covid 19 self drive not allow.

For experience defensive drivers that drive regularly oversea, I don't see any problem. Unless ownself no confidence. 

During winter best is get a AWD, go slow. Brake very early and used a lot of engine brake.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

So nice.  I am gonna request for it the next time I fly.  If got nicer one I gpgt here :D

Just a note that need to take SQ , i am sure Cathy or Silkair does not offer 2 half-ball[laugh].

Their ice cream served in mini tub

• Haha! 4

Supersonic

Ok back to topic.

One of the things I miss about flying is catching some great views from the air. Caught this while decending into Narita at sunrise

Screenshot_20200526-231921_Photos.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3