Do You Miss Flying?

Old-driver

June is just around the corner and  this is the 1st time in as long as I can remember that I HAVE NOT been on a plane this year. While I am not a prolific flyer like some in this forum, I usually would have flew at least 2 business trips and also had a holiday cancelled in Feb to due the uncertainly.

Do I miss travelling? Miss the smell of the plane cabin?  The thrill of getting out of immigration quickly? The lounge food? In a way.... Yes.

Though travel is unlikely to resume soon and hope things get back to normalcy soon... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Supersonic

Thought there are some flights resuming in the next few months? But guess mostly might be for business purpose than leisure travelling?! If countries still enforce the 14 days quarantine, even flight is resume also no one would travel. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

My team a numbers of business trip on hold.

To travel is a big worry for us, not to travel is a big concern for our customers.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

I don't miss flying (or travel by anything other than a self-driven car, for that matter) because I hate it. Apart from the virus itself, the CB is a godsend. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic
8 hours ago, Tohto said:

My team a numbers of business trip on hold.

To travel is a big worry for us, not to travel is a big concern for our customers.

Use Zoom like what most people are doing now lo. Customers should understand de.

Guess it is not safe to travel, even some countries seems like covid situation have improved but some countries covid situation still not stable.

Hypersonic
(edited)

I miss 2 half balls.

:grin:

People miss lounge food?

I usually go for a BK meal and then go to lounge

to drink coke and eat potato chips.

Edited by Jamesc

I think there will be some long term changes like no more serving food onboard airplanes. I think what puts off flying would be the 14 days of quarantine to your destination and another 14 days at home when you come home. Bummer.

Basically what I have noticed is a lot of time is wasted and not as efficient as before the pandemic. Even simple thing like going for a haircut, I took my kid for a haircut while my wife bring the other for a follow up appointment nearby. It took us an hour from queue to finish. 

For checking in it's easy for one person. When you have a kid in tow you have to type in his/her particulars. Check out it's reverse I have to type in my particulars. Check into building one time each then check in again at the haircut shop. Geez. It's getting tiring. Then check out go thru the same thing. Is there an easier way if this is going to be long term?

Yes, I do miss the entire experience of travelling for work and leisure. Flying is just one of the part.

I guess the only way where this can be possible like it was 5-6 months ago is when an effective cure or vaccine is found. That means, another 12-18 months more of wait time.

• Praise 1

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Yes, I do miss the entire experience of travelling for work and leisure. Flying is just one of the part.

I guess the only way where this can be possible like it was 5-6 months ago is when an effective cure or vaccine is found. That means, another 12-18 months more of wait time.

the whole shebang of suit up, face shield, mask, no talking, no eating, difficult to drink (very thristy on plane)

and sibei difficult to go lavotory is really killing air travel

unless it is absolute absolute absolute neccessary

othwerwise, i will definitely not flying anytime soon

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Maybe there is no cure or vaccine found?

I hate flying but I miss visiting new countries badly. Every place is unique - food, sights, culture, people, etc. I especially miss the sensation of tasting new food for the first time, and seeing new sights I have never seen before.

• Praise 4

48 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

the whole shebang of suit up, face shield, mask, no talking, no eating, difficult to drink (very thristy on plane)

and sibei difficult to go lavotory is really killing air travel

unless it is absolute absolute absolute neccessary

othwerwise, i will definitely not flying anytime soon

Ya lor, it's like going to ICU as one recent report puts it. Long flights will be suffering big time. The stuffiness of the mask and heat of the suit on, no joke 😱

↡ Advertisement