COVID-19: Retrenchments

Albeniz

All these FT are moving their operations here because their home countries govt is f*d up. So they move wholesale over entirr operation. Really we should be taxing foreigner far more... they free riding our efficient country yet causing problems they dont have to solve.

Singapore is like a reward posting for such countries and will continue to be so even if we made it more costly for them... imagine dont have to deal with 4 hr traffic jam every day, corrupt officials, inefficient workers. Tax the hell out of all these free rider

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, yishunite said:

All these FT are moving their operations here because their home countries govt is f*d up. So they move wholesale over entirr operation. Really we should be taxing foreigner far more... they free riding our efficient country yet causing problems they dont have to solve.

Singapore is like a reward posting for such countries and will continue to be so even if we made it more costly for them... imagine dont have to deal with 4 hr traffic jam every day, corrupt officials, inefficient workers. Tax the hell out of all these free rider

You ask, they do 

Spoiler

Gst

Don’t comprain ah :XD:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

either one of this is fake news , else the classification of locals needs to be define. Below is from MOM website

Details of employers placed on the FCF Watchlist

The 47 employers comprise a mix of large and smaller firms – with the largest employing close to 2,000 PMETs. These employers hire some 2,000 EP holders, and more than 2,800 local PMETs collectively. While these firms were supporting local PMET employment, their workforce profiles raise concerns, when compared to industry peers.

Employers taken to task include banks and fund managers, as well as management consulting firms and firms that provide project management and engineering services. A number of these employers were placed on the FCF Watchlist because they have exceptionally high shares of foreign PMETs compared to their industry peers. For example, 18 firms have foreigners comprising more than half of their PMET workforce, significantly higher compared to their industry peers.

In addition, all 30 employers from the Financial Services and Professional Services sectors have high concentration of PMETs from single nationalities. For example, in one wealth management firm, almost three-quarters of their PMETs are from the same nationality. In another example of a bank, almost two-thirds of the PMETs are of the same nationality. We will subject their hiring to closer scrutiny to ensure that there is no nationality bias against locals, which is unacceptable and not in line with fair, merit-based hiring.

Conclusion

MOM does not tolerate unfair hiring practices, and employers who do not give locals a fair chance in hiring and promotion will face scrutiny and stiff penalties if found to have unfair hiring practices. During these challenging times, we will be extra vigilant against unfair hiring, to ensure that local jobseekers are treated fairly. We urge members of the public to report specific instances of discriminatory behaviour at www.tafep.sg/report-workplace-discrimination-and-workplace-harassment for investigation. MOM and TAFEP take all complaints seriously, and will keep the identity of whistleblowers confidential. Employers found to have breached fair hiring requirements will be barred from hiring or renewing foreign workers for up to two years, and may face prosecution if they made false declarations on fair consideration.

So much said

whats done?? Muayhaha

• Haha! 3

24 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

This one lagi keh juah

if locals at low level not the bulk then we is the bulk

Imagine a company go Vietnam to open factory and hire 20% viet but 80% non viet workers.   
muayhahaha

Well, ask HR to vomit out the Active directory of the singapore user id creation list 

And if there is discrepacies, then have a serious discussion and banned all work permit from renewal for 3 years.

You will see people back off.

And if tgey dont back off , ask the banks to provide from the same active directory of consuktants and contractors to throw up a true picture of the manupulation / presentation of data.

32 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Well, ask HR to vomit out the Active directory of the singapore user id creation list 

And if there is discrepacies, then have a serious discussion and banned all work permit from renewal for 3 years.

You will see people back off.

And if tgey dont back off , ask the banks to provide from the same active directory of consuktants and contractors to throw up a true picture of the manupulation / presentation of data.

They wont do that. 😁

I don't have access to the data and information. However, every time I enter the building lobby and into a lift car, I am a foreigner. Singaporeans must have been WFH before COVID 19 or they are have received very good camouflage training during their NS days and have also passed this technique to their closed ones.  I am not even in one of those business park but in CBD. 

• Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

MOM does not tolerate unfair hiring practices, and employers who do not give locals a fair chance in hiring and promotion will face scrutiny and stiff penalties if found to have unfair hiring practices. During these challenging times, we will be extra vigilant against unfair hiring, to ensure that local jobseekers are treated fairly. We urge members of the public to report specific instances of discriminatory behaviour at www.tafep.sg/report-workplace-discrimination-and-workplace-harassment for investigation. MOM and TAFEP take all complaints seriously, and will keep the identity of whistleblowers confidential. Employers found to have breached fair hiring requirements will be barred from hiring or renewing foreign workers for up to two years, and may face prosecution if they made false declarations on fair consideration.

MOM link to whistleblow also not right. Here's the correct link: https://www.tal.sg/tafep/Contact-Us

7 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Even MAS plays politics now.

Anyway, I don't believe only 1 out of 4 of new jobs went to foreigners. I trust my own eyes.

I think most of these jobs are insurance agents who now called themselves financial advisors. LOL..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

I don't have access to the data and information. However, every time I enter the building lobby and into a lift car, I am a foreigner. Singaporeans must have been WFH before COVID 19 or they are have received very good camouflage training during their NS days and have also passed this technique to their closed ones.  I am not even in one of those business park but in CBD. 

Which CBD?

I don't feel it in Raffles Place.

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Which CBD?

I don't feel it in Raffles Place.

Singapore CBD grade A buildings with tenants from financial,  IT, etc. Those local companies, I don't feel that much. 

Serving NS now to protect these type of people that have infested our country is sickening. It felt depressing. 

What do they offer to us? Earned enough, apply for other countries PR with our citizenship and ciao. Their son no need serve NS. 

Foolish...

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 6

33 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Scbc press release.

20200813_194757.jpg

20200813_194726.jpg

In the end, who does all these PCP people report to? 

I wonder when Eva Ang and Rena Teng come out with this press statement, are they doing it against their conscience? 

Edited by Fcw75

27 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

In the end, who does all these PCP people report to? 

I wonder when Eva Ang and Rena Teng come out with this press statement, are they doing it against their conscience? 

No idea. Got it from whatapp group.

On 8/12/2020 at 11:55 AM, Windwaver said:

Forklift assistant not assist the forklift driver meh?

If not, should rename to Forklift Commander :grin:

forklift assistance is to assist the forklift, whatever the height that the forklift could not reach, the assistance will have to go up. That explains. 😅😅

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Victor68 said:

I have the same feeling in non  CBD, whenever I step into the lift, I can count the FT ratio, easily more than 3:1, not 1:3. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1