COVID-19: Retrenchments

Albeniz

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Thats the problem.. If people argue that if don't pay mimimum 1.3k this Company should close shop. Then what if their wish really come true when minimum wage get implemented? Aren't it will cause more people to lose job? Coz now that company is lose all the employees be it low wage workers to earning 5 to 6 k per month and etc.. 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
18 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

......NWC sets out guidelines for cutting workers’ basic salaries to stave off retrenchments......

The word retrenchment is non existance in the Civil servants' world, so by reading the header, we know it is meant for private sector.😀😀

But I won't disagree with the move,  if any reasonable amount of cut could help save jobs, it is a  better move than to see people losing their jobs. Hope the initiative wont be abused by employers.

but private sector already cutting pays left right centre already...

Edited by Scion
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Scion said:

The period of oct to Dec is where the lazy buggers don’t bother to accrued with the mindset that the next year budget will be cut if they accrued.

so the sales volume should improve n then drop quite drastically if things don’t improve in jan 2021.

I can only hope that they remember to restored the pay after this episode. Because many boss would feel that it’s not required.

18 minutes ago, Scion said:

I know a lot of companies have implemented mandatory no pay leave but across the board paycut is not common yet. 

It looks like the pressure to retrench people is building up quickly.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I know a lot of companies have implemented mandatory no pay leave but across the board paycut is not common yet. 

Simi building up, I am already out of the door.😪😪

• Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Simi building up, I am already out of the door.😪😪

Your local brotherhood is growing from strength to strength.  As JSS is cut, expect more recruits.

6 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Your local brotherhood is growing from strength to strength.  As JSS is cut, expect more recruits.

Yah hope those affected get to secure some relief from  the JSS, and could find another job soon.  It is never easy for those who are in the late 30 to 50 year old who have school going children and parents above them to provide support with. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

17 hours ago, Wt_know said:

husband x 1 unit

wife x 1 unit

children x 1 unit

laopeh+laobu x 1 unit

maid x 1 unit

enough? hehe ... 

husband+wife+kids+parents x 1 unit

Rental x XX units

:grin:

7 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Yes it is building up.  This year largely low level jobs were lost, next year higher level jobs will be targetted.  Thats for sure.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Retrench some MP, we need no more than 10 and Ministers. Then cut all their pay first. Start from the top lah.

Good idea, dont know why they need so many MP and ministers? 🙄

22 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Yes it is building up.  This year largely low level jobs were lost, next year higher level jobs will be targetted.  Thats for sure.

Must wait till next year? I wait till sian for them to lelong their AMGs....